RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

4 hours ago, Kingzance said:

I'm a fan of water softeners but SWMBO isn't - says she has to use too much water rinsing her hair but won't reduce the amount of shampoo she uses. That was a battle I was never going to win so I surrendered.

Did you mention releasing too much shampoo into the system kills fluffy wuffy likkle kitten wittens, seahorses and unicorns?  This usually helps to reduce use.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Car serviced OK with no problems and duly collected. 

(Tol)Puzzled of Sutton*.

*Miserable Old Git

I bet you forgot to get the blades sharped. :haha: :rofl:

Afternoon All

I was out of salts yesterday I think 7hrs on and off a charbanc didn't help on Monday, the vertigo kicked in twice whilst we were away and again in the early hours of yesterday

I surfaced at 8am this morning and sat quietly weathering some wagons as I was still light headed when that finally cleared and was ordered to fit a new light switch by SWMBO

that done I had lunch.

for the rest of the day I will bury my head in some new S/H books I bought at the various heritage railways over the week end.

enjoy the rest of it:superman: Imar Bookworm :biggrin_mini2:

• Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Oh.. Sum'its up.

SWMBO reported police cars and sirens.  Including blocking off our lane outside our house. 

I saw plain clothes in our lane about a mile away I think going house to house.. 

Neighbour reports a crash this morning outside our church. 

I doubt there's been  police in our lane in years... 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

12 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Some evidence that "what goes around comes around" today.

Was ordered to drop some stuff off at a charity shop and spotted some dvds that would be of interest to one of swmbo's special needs kids. So, bought those and then popped into the bank to do some admin work on mum's accounts. Whilst dealing with the paperwork it turned out there was an account registered in my name and address with £37 in it that I had no knowledge of, dating back to the mid 90s. Whilst not looking a gift horse in the mouth 3p interest over the last 20 or so years seemed a bit "frugal"! 

Front of house painted. Back on fence painting now.   

Better than a kick in the teeth!

• Like 3
  • Agree 13

• RMweb Premium

' Afternoon all from red dragon land.

I have not had much chance to be here for a while and it is just a quickie before kitchen duties beckon.

We managed to get to the '40's Event on the Llangollen Railway on Saturday.  Freezing cold so we spent nearly all the time on the trains or in the cafe's. Excellent day!

West Shore, this morning, helping Ray's progress with the signalling.

This afternoon, I went for a short walk to collect a forest-in-a-bag or, rather, various bits of moss for landscaping Cakebox Challenge 2.  

Then, I unwrapped our bubblewrap covered New Zealand fern in anticipation of the imminent warm weather. -  the one that sent up a couple of fronds after being devastated by last year's Big Freeze.  One frond had died off but another one has taken its place, and yet another one has just popped its tiny head out.  Looking forward to a good show this summer.

Thinking that would be that, I noticed some things called "weeds" gathering pace in the raised garden and in the plant pots... Sorted!   For now!  There is still the path - daisies, dandelions and forget-me-nots are the main contenders.

Off to the kitchen, now...

Take care, all.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Starting to feel the first effects of hay fever, technically not hay fever as it is largely tree pollen this early in the year. Not a lot planned for the bank holiday weekend except for the small show at Canvey on Sunday. Club night tonight and I need to consult the electrickery experts. Be back later.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Perhaps they had their hi vis jackets on.

Actually I thought they looked like extras from an early 1970s police drama. (As I drove past) 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

Actually I thought they looked like extras from an early 1970s police drama. (As I drove past) 

Did you hear anyone saying "hold it you sl*g you're f*****g nicked"?  Or have I been watching too much tv?

Edited by lightengine
Errata
  • Like 3
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
Just now, lightengine said:

Did you hear any saying "hold it you sl*g you're f*****g nicked"?  Or have I been watching too much tv?

They gotta find em first

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

29 minutes ago, TheQ said:

(As I drove past) 

Whilst keeping your eyes watching the road ahead, of course. (Deliberately avoided phrases like 'eyes glued on the road', 'eyes fixed to the road', etc. Know you lot!

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 81C said:

No that only happens when he reads Playboy. :jester:

I may have mentioned before that many years ago in my rugby playing days the club held a weekly raffle. I entered that damned raffle very week for years and the only thing I ever won was the "booby" prize - a copy of Playboy with the centrefold torn out!

• Funny 17