The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, 81C said:

GDB why don't you pave the garden that way you can use it all year round without walk mud through the house it's Ideal for BBQ's best thing we ever done with the added 

bonus of no grass to cut.

That has been given consideration already Bob along with artificial grass. Jury is still out on that.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Isn't that a learner driver of a thing that delivers the mail in Germany?

Ah Well, there's also:

Hertz van Rental & Truck van Hire both of whom are Dutch weight lifters.

The Obergrumpenfuhrer is currently in LLandiddlyoh, so I am trying to finish off various domestic constructions tasks prior to her return.

A skirting board to be re affixed and a door between the kitchen and the dining room to be rehung.

If they are no completed by the time she returns to the Hippodrome, then I may end up being hung as well.

I had some stuff delivered from Micromark in the US yesterday.  I have no qualms about paying the VAT on such, but I do find it a tad irritating that the Post Office handling charge is more than the tax!

I shall leave you with this thought.

Yet another political party has arisen:  The Sh*t Party.

Apparently it's a new political movement.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Once again the sun is shining but there is quite a heavy mist, it should be a nice day when it finally clears. Today is faux Friday so I’m off to the Trafford Centre today instead of tomorrow, as tomorrow will be a busy day, what with all the festivities etc.

Back later 

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

A genteel stroll up the hill allowed me to pay for a one week car park ticket. This used to be a discount scheme but now you pay more for flexible parking...ie you don't have to pay very day before 9:30 am. 

Dave, yesterday was flying day for the boys in blue and their NATO mates.  Lots of high/medium altitude "Noise"..

Sunny with sh1tehawks here.

Baz

Edited by Barry O
Spellung
  • Like 12
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. While the sun is shining I will continue to clear out the garden shed which itself is only fit for firewood. So much rubbish has accumulated that I am considering hiring a skip but I will try to recover as much as I can.

4 hours ago, TheQ said:

The afore mentioned coppers didn't continue down to our house with their enquires, though our neighbour who came round later, reports they stopped the vicar on the way to the church to ask who he was...

NFN?

2 hours ago, 81C said:

GDB why don't you pave the garden that way you can use it all year round without walk mud through the house it's Ideal for BBQ's best thing we ever done with the added 

bonus of no grass to cut Her has even got rid of the big planters I made some years back less is more as they say.

enjoy your day must get on :superman: Rai L'trac  :bye_mini:

Don't forget concrete is very hard, with GDB's tendencies it might not be a good idea.

• Like 5
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Premium

Cheers, lads‘n‘lasses. One more shift to go, followed by an off-work day tomorrow. Spring has finally taken hold, too, so a barbecue with the family is scheduled.

Might check in again later, so, see ya... :bye:

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

Don't forget concrete is very hard, with GDB's tendencies it might not be a good idea.

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

Great minds almost think alike. I was thinking of one of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Ladies-Mr-Blobby-Inflatable-Adult-Fancy-Dress-Costume/401743462914?hash=item5d89c6c202:g:cooAAOSwT4ZbCU77

• Like 1
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium

The mystery of the police activity yesterday has been solved .

Yesterday a tourist had a heart attack and crashed his car by the church. 

The police at the time did not know the cause and were doing house to house to find witnesses.

It effin clown time again lots of them everywhere,  traffic jams on the way home as they all head to the coast for the forecast good weather.. 

• Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all.

I didn’t sleep well last night so made up for it this morning. I then finished stuffing the fibreglass into garage roof space. I will box it in on another day. 

Recently ChrisF mentioned something about liking tunes he mentioned. Paul Simon’s “America” is such a song. I got the  iPad to play it while reading RMWeb. Next suggestion from iTunes was Americana by Neil Young and Crazy Horse. Currently track is Tom Dula (aka Tom Dooley). Not sure if ChrisF has an opinion of Grunge Rock versions of classic American Tunes. 

Nothing too energetic planned for tomorrow.

Tony 

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Had a walk on the beach, a bit of sun catching in the garden, a pint then some eyelid inspection.

After a busy 3 months my body is slowly recharging

TTFN

Baz

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Barry O said:

After a busy 3 months my body is slowly recharging

TTFN

Baz

After three days of sanding, scraping and oiling, three sides of the gates to daughter and SiL's estate are done. For those with a memory, HM Slade Prison had smaller doors! As Baz obscurely suggests, I am not as young as I was even last year so I thought I might take a day orf tomorrow. Sadly, I am so well insured that SWMBO has decreed I will continue on that task so I can relax on Saturday (until she dreams up another scheme).
Due to a small equipment failure, I was forced to buy a "multi-tool" today to ease the sanding process. I have to say that it seems - after Day 1 - to be the "puppy's privates", even if it swallowed up a significant amount of my state pension!

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold

Some of the Essex recycling centres accept paint in tins. Not sure about Pitsea. 

2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Afternoon from Estuary-Land. Committee meeting tonight (SEERS) hopefully will not be too late. Definitely have to hire a skip, unless someone wants 25 year old paint.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

First tranche of the horde family arrived, watered, fed and the smaller ones in bed. I'm sneaking some time in the study to recuperate somewhat but SWMBO has just poked her head round the door to tell me to go and be nice. Before the deluge, though, I got i a few hours of workshop time making a revolving thing that arranges flanged wheel prime movers to point in the other direction as the first bit of my la**ut of a Midland MPD. I know that most people start with the baseboards but since I have to wait awhile for the wood I have to start somewhere else.

Baz, Robin Hood's Bay was always a coasting in point in my time so I'm not surprised you can hear some aviation happening. Remember the old saying though - Jet noise, the sound of freedom (what we used to tell disaffected occupants of West Germany in the old days when they complained about low flying).

Till later......

Dave

• Like 15
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Before the deluge, though, I got i a few hours of workshop time making a revolving thing that arranges flanged wheel prime movers to point in the other direction as the first bit of my la**ut of a Midland MPD. I know that most people start with the baseboards but since I have to wait awhile for the wood I have to start somewhere else.

Inserting a working turntable as you build your baseboards is immensely easier than retro-fitting one!

• Like 7
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Tonights meeting wasn't, when I arrived at the house where the meeting was to take place it was in darkness and no one answered the door. So I checked the paperwork, it was the right address and the right time but the date of the meeting was the 25th! :banghead:At least next week I won't have any difficulty finding the address and will have a pretty good idea of how long it will take to get there.

1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

Some of the Essex recycling centres accept paint in tins. Not sure about Pitsea. 

Its no longer paint exactly, more like empty tins with a solid coating on the inside.

• Like 3
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Tonights meeting wasn't, when I arrived at the house where the meeting was to take place it was in darkness and no one answered the door. So I checked the paperwork, it was the right address and the right time but the date of the meeting was the 25th! :banghead:At least next week I won't have any difficulty finding the address and will have a pretty good idea of how long it will take to get there.

Its no longer paint exactly, more like empty tins with a solid coating on the inside.

And I have to admit that both SWMBO and I have individually and collectively failed to read ALL the details on invitations too. :scratchhead:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 11