The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I did post on the Hornby Ruston thread. Other railway modelling may occur soon (perhaps). 

Our nephew Josh and his girlfriend are off to India for a month. He recently finally qualified as a GP and has been working as a locum GP since. When he gets back he is going to continue locum work but look for somewhere more permanent. He is fairly settled in the Brighton area but he still has many North London connections. They will be travelling and also visiting family in India. MiL’s sister asked if Josh and Bianca are married. MiL said no but it doesn’t matter, lots of people don’t get married here in England if they live together. MiL has changed her views somewhat from about 40 years ago. 
Tony

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

7 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Last time I was told they intended to remove some polyps that had been  noticed the previous time. However after removal the consultant said they had turned out not to be polyps but pseudopolyps so no worry. 

Semipedunculated adenomatous polyps apparently

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 11
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

We had a letter today inviting us to attend for flu jabs. I asked my medical relative about the two versions being used this year. He reckoned that although I have a few chronic conditions I would be better off with the over 65 version not the one for the under 65 with health problems. The over 65 contains one less virus variant , the B/Phuket strain. Not needed for the elderly apparently. 
Tony

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 9
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

Endoscopy in the morning, so no food after nine o'clock, I got told off on a previous one, cornflakes obscure the view apparently...………………………………….!

Hope it went well.

• Like 1
  • Agree 15
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Special symbols?  It's surprising how many sites will not accept the hashtag as one of them.  

I've run into that problem and it seems tone the result of Mac or PC ,English or American - some have hash on the key and other shave the dollar sign on the key and you are unable to access the 'one you want' at the time you wanted it.

Have also come to grief with he 'will  not  answer telephone call send an email' when you have bee locked out of the email' not to mention that 'XY' still do not support Mac's when it comes to AV issues.

Hope Aditi has recovered.

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

49 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

I've run into that problem and it seems tone the result of Mac or PC ,English or American - some have hash on the key and other shave the dollar sign on the key and you are unable to access the 'one you want' at the time you wanted it.

Have also come to grief with he 'will  not  answer telephone call send an email' when you have bee locked out of the email' not to mention that 'XY' still do not support Mac's when it comes to AV issues.

Hope Aditi has recovered.

It's complicated. Probably far more than anyone wants to know here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_and_American_keyboards

And if you like you can even go this far:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltron

Edited by AndyID
Moinfo
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon / evening awl, 

I don't know about Ben the border collie being knackered I certainly am doing all three walks every day. 

The wall has been filled and sanded,  and a trial direct coat of paint put on. It might be that a lining paper might not be needed. 

Not a lot else has happened.. 

Time to... Not a lot more. 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Afternoon / evening awl, 

I don't know about Ben the border collie being knackered I certainly am doing all three walks every day. 

The wall has been filled and sanded,  and a trial direct coat of paint put on. It might be that a lining paper might not be needed. 

Not a lot else has happened.. 

Time to... Not a lot more. 

Put a mist coat on it 1 part water 3-4 parts paint it will seal the wall and allow normal painting you will end up with a mess otherwise don't thin it too much or it will require another slightly thicker coat

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 12

• RMweb Gold

Have spent some time this afternoon looking at changing my energy supplier. New deal from my existing one looked fine and I was just about to sign up when I noticed in their terms that it was a condition of the deal that I had a smart meter fitted. Kicked that into touch and the search will continue tomorrow.

N.O WayJose

• Like 7
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7