RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Well that was a nice day, good day in Aberdeen when I finally found the place, so many roads closed made it a mare to get to where I could see I needed to go. Got pretty much everything on my list, buffers, crane, brake vans, sacks of corn, no locos that caught my eye. Some nice layouts to watch, a bit of everything and nice folk to chat to. Got home had a curry and watched the rugby and then found out that my old side had a good win as well, now supping cider and got a coal yard and hut to build.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Busy day today, arrived at the toy fair just as news of Englands success at the RWC came through. Made a few purchases mostly of diecasts including a very nice model of a combine harvester. Apparently it came from a French partwork and is very well detailed with cab interior and reat view mirrors. It is scaled somewhere between 00 and H0 scales, probably 1/80. The vendor informed me that it was made by Universal Hobbies who make some very good diecast tractors but not often to a scale compatible with model railways. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 18

9 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

I presume that Australians and Ne Zealanders will be consoling themselves.

I saw the England v. Australia quarter final match from a surf club in Queensland. (Actually it's hard to believe that was just a week ago.) More precisely, I watched the sunset change the colours over the ocean and chatted with my brothers while the game was shown on television screens with the sound turned up very high.

My brothers had very low expectations for the Australian side. Their impressions of Australian Rugby Union at the moment are not very high and were entirely unsurprised by the result and that the coach was fired the next day.

For them, Rugby League is a different story. I imagine that the All Blacks will be quite devastated.

• Like 16

4 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

We have FINALLY found a local source for real "English-style" bangers. Had bangers and mash, with home made onion gravy and baked beans for dinner - a real treat 

Then we decided to bake donuts for the morning also - does it get any better than this??? 

Only if you had a proper ale to go with the bangers and mash.

Rogue Ales has their Voodoo Doughnut series of ales but I'm not sure I would recommend them, with or without donuts.

• Like 6
  • Funny 11

2 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

I sometimes miss south Florida; especially in January and February!

Understandably. But do you miss the Floridians?

Florida (and Floridians) is the epicenter of "man bites dog"-type news reports.

2 hours ago, AndyID said:

Just looked out the window. It's precipitating heavily - great big lumps of wet snow!  Aaarrrggghhh!

We had a little misting of rain yesterday. Cool and nothing but sunshine in the forecast here. Apparently we are already behind on our "rain year" totals which started on October 1.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 17

21 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I'm still struggling to adapt to using them - I now realize that I really needed the three different focal lengths in the prescription - reading / computers / distance and did not want trifocals. I have a pair of distance glasses (driving, cinema etc) and a pair of bifocals for reading / computers. I'm wondering if a graduated lens might have been better than bifocals. Reading a large tabloid newspaper, the two different focal lengths worked well, but with a big blurry bit in the middle. Even now I am cheating and not using them. 

I've had variables for years now, Mike.  No lines, a bit tricky to begin with but you soon get the idea and works well for me.

Brian.

Great tree colour, ours are beginning to fade and the leaves are beginning to fall.  The gardener just cleaned the lawn up yesterday too!:(

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, pH said:

We got a new car today. I've had a quick read through the owner's manual, but the four-year degree course doesn't start till next month :chok_mini:.

You used to be able to keep these in the glove box but nowadays they're much too big.  Now we keep one in the trunk ( I'm sure by now we all know what that is on a car!) along with the spare tyre and other mysterious tools, etc.  Never used so far!

Brian

• Like 15
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, bbishop said:

Yes, I did see Mike on the box.

Bill

Shouting through a loudhailer:

The end of the railway is nigh!

I've just rest all the analogue clocks.

I want to be up early for the match tomorrow, but not that early.

• Like 15
  • Funny 2

7 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

We have FINALLY found a local source for real "English-style" bangers. Had bangers and mash, with home made onion gravy and baked beans for dinner - a real treat :)

Yes, but were they the "proper" baked beans? The ones with extra sugar that they sell in the UK.

Edited by AndyID
  • Like 6
  • Funny 9