Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

The helmeted children of the NFL made fools of themselves this evening with just eight seconds remaining in the Thursday night football game in Cleveland and the outcome in no doubt whatsoever. Just in case anyone is unsure, normally the helmets are intended to protect rather than attack.

Over here, calling someone a helmet is considered somewhat of an insult.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

moreasons visited, parcels posted, garden pumped out again, talked with little sister... now what?

Oh goody model railway time beckons but first ...lunch

Baz

Bugggritt I have to get organised for my demo at Warley...Pah!!

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Oh and said resistors aren't just sitting bare , they are the best you can make, hermetically sealed,  and then are generally in a 4 inch square heavy metal case with 5 terminals on top +_ current in, +- voltage out,  and ground.

I'm now at the oil bath Zeroing the test equipment, To compare the dropped resistor against the standard resistor value 1.0000042 Approximately. (The spread sheet actually comes up with 1.00000423318775 but you can't measure to that level) I just got the value from it's history to use, the reference has changed 1ppm in 36 years since it was bought.

• Informative/Useful 13

• RMweb Premium

And the value of the Dropped resistor is.. 1.000 0043 Ohms+- 0.54PPM which is what it has been  since June. So he who dropped it hasn't broken it..

• Like 15
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

I have spent some time conversation with young Mister York. he has a plan to enable me to get ERs who haven't PMd me about whether they are interested/can come to an ER meet up to do so.. Once he has OKd it I will send invites out to the ERs. more details soon BUT the venue will be Derby near the station...

Baz

Sorry, I missed the PM request. I shall send one. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1