Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, grandadbob said:

Rugby watched last night, Sale overcoming Saracens comfortably although the latter had quite a few players missing injured or on England duty.

I thought Nick Tompkins, Dan Biggar and Rhys Carre are on duty for last years Grand slam winners, the name of whom escapes me at the moment........?

• Like 5
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold

Morning awl from a 7/8ths grey NEHerts.

Tonight we have the highlight of the Village Year - the Pensioners’ Christmas Party. It is a very good community bash where all village residents who receive the state pension can have a free four course meal with drinks in the Village Hall. It is paid for by a local charitable trust to which we subscribe and we old gits can of course make a donation in a box near the door. SWMBO thinks we must be part of it (I did say it was free after all) but I find it a little embarrassing. With the weather as forecast, I wonder if sprouts, mushy peas and onions will be on the plates? Naturally, for old people with an interest in sport, the event’s timing will clash with two tribes going to war in Murrayfield.

RANT Warning:

The reference to Frankie Goes To Hollywood brings me on to a matter referred to by our well travelled Bedford correspondent above. Regardless of the bravery that he refers to, for the news channels, papers and daytime tv to devote so much time or column centimetres to the Scofield factor shows what a crazy world we now inhabit. Of course there are people whose sexual orientation changes over time, it was ever thus and will always be so. It is hard not to view yesterday’s specific events as not being staged in some way to generate more publicity for a “celebrity” and the “gay” community as a whole. In our (strange?) current world, the publicity given to matters of the LGBT fraternity far outweighs that devoted to non-LGBT people. Am I wrong to assume the LGBT community therefore outnumbers the non-members?

RANT Over

As for pets, if I was on my own I would take on an animal as I see them offering and receiving companionship. At the moment, my fuhrer decrees we can’t have one as they are such a tie, insert other nebular objections here.

Seize whatever turns you on to make your day.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I have just received an email to inform me that a 7 mm scale GSYP Class 35 is now en route to this location.

A big heavy box from a model railway retailer might just go unnoticed if I am first to the door when the postman knocks.

I'd best be working out in the garage for the rest of the morning and on Monday morning if necessary..................

The upside is I can take it to LLandrinio on Tuesday for a test run!

Just check the chroming on the wheels..hopefully that will be all fix3e now...

Baz

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kingzance said:

As for pets, if I was on my own I would take on an animal as I see them offering and receiving companionship. At the moment, my fuhrer decrees we can’t have one as they are such a tie, insert other nebular objections here.

Seize whatever turns you on to make your day.

As a single worker, I could never live with myself if I had to leave a canine or feline pet at home alone for 12 hours each day. Cruelty springs to (my) mind!

• Like 11
  • Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s another beautiful sunny day with no frost here in the northwest of England. There are no plans as yet for today’s tasks, but as ever, that could change. However, at some time during the morning I will cable tie all 4 wheelie bins together, in hope that storm Ciara doesn’t deposit them further down (or up) or empty the contents in the road, which has happened in the past.

Enjoy the day, back later. 

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

The most dangerous animals in Africa are hippos. After the result of this afternoon's match I think that may be the case in Shropshire too. Fittingly I suppose it is starting to rain. Just about to watch the other 6 nations game of the day, which could either help me forget some of the lurgy or make it worse. we shall see......

Dave  

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 15