RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, brianusa said:

I'd have called the repairman!:o

Brian.

SWMBO says it will wait until we have paid off the driveway and the motorhome refrigerator door. From the directions, I think the spring has to be installed and adjusted before the dishwasher goes into the cabinet.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

1 hour ago, J. S. Bach said:
  1. Get reelected
  2. Their legacy
  3. Get reelected
  4. Opinion polls (which feeds, or starves, their egos and drives 1 and3)
  5. Get reelected
  6. Take care of their constituents (mostly as it pertains to 1, 3 and5)
  7. Get reelected

Some of them can only be reelected once, though they might like to be reelected more than that.

• Like 6
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

In the UK diabetics and people who are ‘ seriously overweight with a BMI of over 40’ are eligible for a free flu vaccine. 
regards

Robert 

And pensioners 

• Like 2
  • Agree 12

58 minutes ago, BR60103 said:

SWMBO says it will wait until we have paid off the driveway and the motorhome refrigerator door. From the directions, I think the spring has to be installed and adjusted before the dishwasher goes into the cabinet.

When I thought our dishwasher problems were due to weakened door springs, I did look at how to replace them. It seemed to me that the biggest problem was going to be stretching the new springs to fit.

• Informative/Useful 12
  • Friendly/supportive 4

10 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I know people who bring ambrosia to Thanksgiving - multiple kinds. And sweet potatoes with broiled marshmallows. They might even have jell-o moulds too, but I have blanked that out.

They are fond of green bean casserole too. 

I confess we tend to avoid such celebrations for that reason.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 7

3 hours ago, AndyID said:

I hope you're not suggesting they should have done nothing.

Of course not! But after the terrible situation in Northern Italy and in Spain was observed by the UK government, the UK government’s  response has one of dithering and lack of leadership as Britain fumbled its way to a a CoVID-19 management plan. Compared to how countries like Germany or South Korea have managed the pandemic, it’s hard not to suspect a degree of panic amongst the upper echelons of the UK’s government.

Further comment on how different countries have managed the pandemic compared to the UK and on the pros and cons of the various strategies adopted I think would get “political” very fast. Suffice to say there is a lot of level-headed, thoughtful and critical analysis available on the Internet for those who wish go beyond the headlines.

• Like 8
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl,  Inner Temple Hare,

A poor nights sleep too hot too many wake ups and turnovers..

I've just opened windows on the sunny side of the house.. The North,  but it won't be sunny there for much longer,  as the sun moves round it's the coolest side of the house for most of the day. 

There's just been a piece on TV about the virus in Saudi,  it occurred to me it must be badly affecting the thousands of Bae staff in Saudi.  The normal routine is 15 weeks out there, 15days off ( including travel). 

So basically they get home to spend their days off in lockdown. I'm guessing Saudi allows them back in as essential workers.

The visit to the big Tess and Coe went well,  except too many Cockwombles going the wrong way down isles,  few masks were seen.  I heard one late teen / early 20 say to girl friend, " look at the people with masks.. They think they're going to die" sadly he probably will get away with it,  he deserves a good dose of the virus.. 

Time to.. Go to work.. 

• Friendly/supportive 17

25 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Of course not! But after the terrible situation in Northern Italy and in Spain was observed by the UK government, the UK government’s  response has one of dithering and lack of leadership as Britain fumbled its way to a a CoVID-19 management plan. Compared to how countries like Germany or South Korea have managed the pandemic, it’s hard not to suspect a degree of panic amongst the upper echelons of the UK’s government.

Further comment on how different countries have managed the pandemic compared to the UK and on the pros and cons of the various strategies adopted I think would get “political” very fast. Suffice to say there is a lot of level-headed, thoughtful and critical analysis available on the Internet for those who wish go beyond the headlines.

But why are you so focused on how the UK corked it up?  Lots of countries fumbled around too. The US is a pretty good example.

Your comments were nothing but political so kindly knock it off.

13 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

Today is our 41st wedding anniversary.. i must be away to make a mugatea. Back soon!

Baz

We're close to 50. The great thing is at this point we are happy to speak our minds regardless of how many that might people that might PO :)

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning.  Firstboff glad that Chrisf has checked in. As a youngster I used to wonder why my mother sounded so serious when she said that so and so had had a fall.  At that stage of my life, and for many years afterwards, if I fell, I just rolled over and got up.  I am starting to understand my mother's concern.

Happy Anniversary to Baz and Mrs Baz.  Yes 1979 was a good year, you obviously used a Saturday 3 weeks after our wedding. I suspect that we were just getting back from our honeymoon by then. Nights at Dewsbury Road was quite a change.

Anyway, much was achieved yesterday.  The garden bench was finished and the boss is now pondering where it is to be placed. Then my mate turned up and we rehung the last of the repainted shutters.  They do look good.  In the afternoon Beth potterred in the garden and I assembled various ancillary bits for the new pool, such as the ladder and filter. After tea we sat out as the sunset was rather nice. A glass of Aberfeldy suited the mood.

Anyway today we are heading to strim the jungle at the house that some expat friends own. The grass is 3' high and they are hoping to come over soon. This afternoon I will probably be grass cutting.   The weather is fine so it may well be rather warm.

Regards to all.

Jamie.

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

The Midland, like it's engines was a lot smaller.

Small, but perfectly formed.

7 hours ago, newbryford said:

Marmalade sandwich anyone?

Silly question....

IMG_0756%5B1%5D.JPG.055df953a234692906286015dcfa0b39.JPG

4 hours ago, Florence Locomotive Works said:

Might I ask who Donk is?

:o

He's our friend, that's who.....

857898742_IMG_07551.JPG.696c4f4d992a4760e8bd4d8a5fbbd15d.JPG

47 minutes ago, chrisf said:

Equally grim is the thought that I might still have been lying at the foot of the stairs unable to move. 

I'm always very careful to have a mobile in my pocket, just in case - especially if I'm going into Beamland (I'll be dead impressed if any fellow ER'er can tell me where that originated...without Googling it first....) or the Shed/back garden.

Edited by polybear
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, AndyID said:

We're close to 50. The great thing is at this point we are happy to speak our minds regardless of how many that might people that might PO :)

My parents just celebrated their 63rd,,, how do i remember.. it's easy when your the fiirst child...(probably not so easy these days...)

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

I have to report a cloudy morning up in the North West Leeds Highlands.  I wonder if we hear any more airliners taking off from the airport today? 

Flavio..you don't need to tell anyone in the ukabout our problems. Living in fortress Switzerland it is far easier to control what goes on especially with such a compliant population backed with great piles of someone elses wealth (probably exwealth for some).

Bit different here due to the great variety of people who live here. 

What I do see is that we  need ..across quite a few countries ...for the people in charge to have experience of handling problems in high pressure situations. In the past these were in battle, some don't even have them in their work. PAH!

Today should involve a walk or two, I will go into battle with our surgery (although open they don't answer phones or emails.. the great wonder is.. they are in...I may have to resort to ring8ng the head GP at home (her indoors taught his daughters music (recorder, flute, bassoon) over the years. The nHS is really too individualistic to ever sort out.

Right..off to sort Tuesday out.

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Right..tea made.. carde passed over ..a new T shirt for me.. bunchofflowers for her...see romance is not dead!

Baz

Happy anniversary.

So whats written on the T shirt??

Yesterday I was wearing a T shirt that ' We love beer' on the back but I had forgotten it said that so when a couple of blokes kept saying they also love beer when in the Supermarket I wasnt sure why till my other half remnded me what was on the T shirt:drink_mini:

Yesterday was a beer free day but today ownt be.

20200623_073323.jpg

20200623_073338.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

Happy anniversary.

So whats written on the T shirt??

Nowt on this one. I am due to receive one which proclaims how great Control (systems) Engineers are!

Baz

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2