The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. It got rather breezy this afternoon and I did think we were in for a storm but the wind dropped without any wetness. Its still warm and sticky but better than it was. I forgot the eggs today so its a yogurt for breakfast tomorrow (made from oats, none dairy).

• Like 11

Happy Anniversary to Ian and Mrs Abel.

Summer finally arrived here for about 6 hours today.  The sun came out around 10am, and we actually reached 20 degrees for the first time this month, then the sun disappeared again at 4pm.  By 7pm things were back to normal ie cool, then chucking it down by 9pm.  Hopefully August will be an improvement!

Various gardening tasks done today, including lawn mowing, weeding and lifting some potatoes.  Probably more of the same tomorrow.

• Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Remember a programe about the RAF SAR operation in Scotland. An example of pre-pond life claimed that it was no problem calling out the rescue services in bad conditions "because they have to train dont they"

Night awl

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

BEWARE RANT MODE ON!

This morning’s visit to the Trafford Centre was uneventful, apart from seeing a couple of people not wearing masks. Neither were of ethnic Anglo-Saxon stock, and these people then have the nerve to say that they are being victimised because of their skin colour, no, it’s not about their skin colour, it’s about the fact that they don’t follow the fecking rules!

RANT MODE OFF

• Agree 9
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well it’s been sunny for most of the day, I had a pleasant walk to the butchers, where I was met with a small queue, something that was missing during last weeks visit. Thankfully I only had to wait 20 minutes, but they had no chicken at all, there delivery was late and they didn’t know when it would be delivered. 

Whilst I was at the Trafford Centre this morning, I called in to M&S to have a look a shirts, as I had had a buy one, get one half price offer on and I also had some vouchers that expired today. In the end I bought 2 rather nice linen shirts, which usually retailed at £29.50 each, for the princely sum of £5.25, result!

After dinner and continued writing the article I intend to submit to the MERG journal. The text and diagrams are all finished, I just have to take a couple of photos over the weekend and conduct a couple of tests. 

It went quite dark towards late afternoon and it started to rain around 6 o’clock this evening. But it didn’t last long, at least I won’t have to water the plants this evening. A task that was on the cards this morning.

Happy anniversary to Mr Mrs Abel.

Goodnight all 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Happy Anniversary to Mr and Mrs Abel.

Now it is off to my best friend's son's high school graduation via YouTube.

It went quite well. Had this been a "normal" season, I would have been up there for it in May. :(

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Mooring awl,  inner Temple Hare, 

6 hours sleep so far,  I'll try for more shortly.. It was definitely sleep on the bed and not in it. 

The rain does not appeared to have reached here yet,  and according to the weather radar it won't,  as its broken up,  East Lincolnshire is getting it at the moment and it's just left Suffolk and Essex. 

Time to rollover and sleep.. 

• Like 16

Greetings one and all, with Happy Anniversary to the Abels.

Sometimes I wonder what BT Mail will do next.  Their latest miracle is that as of yesterday I cannot view e-mails that I sent prior to 10.50 am on Wednesday.  The man in Newcastle whose ear I bent yesterday afternoon and early evening seemed optimistic that some of his clever workmates could find them and put them back where they belong.  My tacit reaction is "yeah, right".  Why does technology make stuff more difficult when it is supposed to do precisely the opposite?

It did not take me long to realise yesterday morning that dealing with the jungle at that time was not a good idea.  It turned out that it was the third warmest day on record or something equally uncomfortable.  Little Leo next door was splashing away happily in his paddling pool without a care in the world, as you do when you are only four [I think] years old.  Oh, how I yearned for a beach and a gentle breeze wafting off Lyme Bay!  To answer whoever it was that asked, I don't think that my lawn is big enough to accommodate my tent, but thank you for the thought.

Having done the fodder run yesterday, and who needs to be too predictable, I plan to spend some of today and tomorrow viewing virtual Sidmouth on line.  Before I do anything else, though, I will have a long and relatively tepid wallow.  No doubt I will sweat profusely afterwards but it's worth a try.

Best wishes to all

Chris 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

1.5 hours sleep later...

Hmm just had a spam email,  first for ages,  claiming to be from "my licensing " that my "TV licence account " will be suspended because my details are out of date.... I wonder whose account has been hacked to get my email address?

Anyway,  our TV licence is in SWMBOs name so that was a pretty obvious spam

Ben demands out bye for now. 

That was quick.. He was in a hurry.... But very a very happy Collie. 

Oh and the spam email was obviously from someone outside the UK,  who therefore doesn't understand how our licencing works.. They don't suspend accounts, they get heavy and make dire threats about non payment. 

Meanwhile a decision has to be made... What version of bacon and... For breakfast 

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

White Rabbits.

Morning awl from a narrowly avoided lockdown Luton.

In case you hadn't noticed, buried in Thursday evening's announcement of new restrictions in "The North", there was a brief, one line mention that Luton could be brought into line with the rest of the country (at least as far as gyms and things). Like the rest of the announcement, it caught everyone by surprise, not least because a review wasn't expected for another week. By the time the full details were published it was nearly midnight, so it was mid-morning before the council could clarify exactly what was happening. Even then, there was confusion over exact dates for reopening gyms. Mine will now reopen today, not that I will be going. The fact such an important announcement was initially made using DT's favourite platform instead of more traditional channels, suggests no communications professionals were involved. Anyone worth their salt would have foreseen the ensuing chaos and had at least some semblance of a plan. [/Rant Over]

Yesterday's temperatures reached 35 degrees here, so I didn't venture outside during the day for too long. Ceramic tiles on the floor keep my kitchen cool which is fortunate as it currently doubles as my office and facing west, it gets full sun from late morning onwards. Instead, I enjoyed a half hour brisk walk round the nearby park after dark.

Today's exercise will consist of a walk to the Post Office to return an unmentionable eB*y purchase which arrived damaged earlier in the week. I knew it would be as soon as postie presented me with an oversized box in which there was considerable movement. Being of Italian origin with the solid lump of heavy metal for ballast, its fate was sealed the moment it was placed (chucked?) into its totally unsuitable packaging. I shall return what's left of it in something more appropriate.

Congratulations to the Abels, good thoughts to those struggling or ailing. Onwards and upwards!

Regards to awl.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning all.  It's cloudy and muggy herecso we may get some much needed rain.  Video call has been booked to the girls then some phone calls to make before spending the day working on the pool as it fills.

Pete, sorry to hear about your fall, I hope that you are OK today.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

White rabbits!

Ey up

Tha doo know it happens to be Yorkshire Day?

Temperatures dropped like a stone last night..now the sky is full of very, very dark clouds. Pah!

Time for my mugatea.

Hope the finger and arm isn't too painful Pete. May be better to get someone else to do kitchen duties?

TTFN

Baz

• Like 14
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, TheQ said:

1.5 hours sleep later...

Hmm just had a spam email,  first for ages,  claiming to be from "my licensing " that my "TV licence account " will be suspended because my details are out of date.... I wonder whose account has been hacked to get my email address?

Anyway,  our TV licence is in SWMBOs name so that was a pretty obvious spam

Morning,

I've had a few of those TV emails too. My response is to shift-delete them into oblivion!

• Like 7
  • Agree 8