Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning All,

Pretty chilly here this morning. Down to 1.5?°C and the first frost of the year.

Still, the clear skies and hundreds of stars made up for that!

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

Happy Hump day every one.

Don't know actual temperature but it feels about 12-13.

Another cold front approaching with rain from tonight through tomorrow.

After Andy's sweeping up the droppings I'm down from 5 to 2. :huh:

Pic from an evening last week

post-182-12554955571817_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Morning...

Yeah, really cold up here. 1.8 degrees says the mercury :blink: . Best thing should be to have a pot of tea right now, I reckon!

Weather's been strange yesterday as well - broken clouds, coupled with rather strong rain. So good to be inside on such days!

Later :D .

• RMweb Premium

Just read that a meteoroid seems to have broken up and burned in the sky over northern Germany last night, triggering a wave of emergency calls to the police by people who, among other things, suspected a UFO.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.....HoooooRayyyyyyy.

Mr BT waved his magic wand last night and I'm back to up to 4024Kbps from 135. Feels like I've just set foot in a Ferrari.

What's wrong with an Aston??

Morning, here we go again. I think I understand quantum physics and the timethingywhatsit. When I'm at work time goes really slowly. When I'm not at work it whooshes by.Ah well, never mind.

I seem to either get no emails, or emails every single time anyone posts on this topic... Having problems finding the old style setting where you just get one email until you read the topic!

Currently inundated with about 100 emails in 24 hours all on Early Risers!!

Morning all, 7 oktas and a sore throat here. Going to pop into work and see if I can just bring a load of reading material home and work from the flat today...

• RMweb Gold

Good morning.

It is quite warm here but it seems to have rained during the night. A bin bag now graces our front lawn ready for the collection later. I'm wondering with all the new attitude to expenses I can claim all the ones I couldn't be bothered to last century.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Since Mike posted that he is on an up to 20Mbit service I sent an enquiry to BT requesting information about when their equivalent service will be available here. According to non BT sources up to 16Mbit is available from our local exchange. BT will reply "soon" to my request. Currently we get 6.6Mbit.

Tony

Morning.

Do you think it would be wise to claim for the 50p coffee I bought at a meeting yesterday, on ths basis that it used to be free?

Moving on ;)

We lost last night, 3-2 in the Senior Cup. We took the lead, they equalised, went to Extra Time, we scored again, then they scored two in a minute to get the win. A draw would have certainly been the fairer result, but it was a real cup tie, end to end and all action.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, In the office already which is a bit on the early side for me. In customer meetings all day so I will probably have forum withdrawal symptoms by 5pm. Lots of oktas but all fairly high altitude. No idea what that means. Have a good one.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Morning All, In the office already which is a bit on the early side for me. In customer meetings all day so I will probably have forum withdrawal symptoms by 5pm. Lots of oktas but all fairly high altitude. No idea what that means. Have a good one.

Cheers

Dave

Today is the day that Andy starts server migration so we may all have RMweb offline time apparently. I may have to go shopping though. I have not replenished the coffee supply and my wife looked as if she needed something more than decaff this morning. She was up until after 1am reading (not French philosophy this time but a Swedish crime novel).

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Feeling somewhat unwell right now - headache, temporarily blurred vision, queasy stomach and low BP, it would seem. Not sure whether it's the weather or too little food, though. Mum seems to have had something similar yesterday.

• RMweb Gold

Feeling somewhat unwell right now - headache, temporarily blurred vision, queasy stomach and low BP, it would seem. Not sure whether it's the weather or too little food, though. Mum seems to have had something similar yesterday.

I think a nice cup of tea and a biscuit should help. I felt like that last week after I had this years flu jab. I've never had any reaction before so I suspect it was one of those coincidences, though going to the doctors always seems like a good way of catching something. This Saturday we are invited to my mother in law's for a meal. There will be 4 doctors and a medical student there as well so I'm sure I'll hear about what is making them busy at the moment!

Hope you feel better soon.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Feeling much better already - may just have been the weather after all. Also had some fruit to stack up on sugar and vitamins. OTOH, my dad often has bad migraines during sudden weather changes, so I cannot rule out having had something like that, too.