RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Ey up! Cleaning duties have been handed out already (they came with a mugatea)...bribery and corruption?? Never!

Notice that an old cricket player I knew has had to hand over lots of properties as he was "laundering money"..no wonder people hadn't seen him for a while.

On line meeting with Dr Eldest Herbert this afternoon..he was supposed to be doing "live" lecturing this week. Fingers crossed he is ok.

Meanwhile,  I took the BT website on yesterday afternoon..I may have achieved and honourable draw with it..the outcomes will be visible later this week

Have as good a day as you can! Glad to see Robert pass by yesterday..hopefully we may hear from some other "missing" ERs soon.

Baz

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is breezy but not raining so far today. 
I have a trip to the dentist to finish off Monday’s appointment. Then my occasional overseas trip to Canvey for a blood test this afternoon. This was booked before the blood test rationing that GPs and hospitals have been asked to implement for a couple of weeks. I wonder if Excel was used for stock control. 
The Evoque needed its tyres pumping up yesterday, this didn’t require physical effort other then bending down as I have an electric inflator. 
Tony

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Happy Anniversary to Rick and Sharon.

Dry and dull here but some sunny spells are forecast.

Yesterday's expected parcels didn't arrive, maybe today?  Who knows?  It's all in the lap of the white van gods.

The Boss has mentioned the G word which means that that small portion of The Shed that contains G tools will be opened.  This will expose the entrance door to the inner sanctum that is mine only so I may possibly enter therein and muddle for a bit.

However some breakfast is needed before I do anything.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Morning, half term for the kids up here, which meant a trip into Perth yesterday on Grandad duties, took the wee monkeys for a wander up the hills in Glen Shee, 9 year old liked, 6 year old soon got bored lol, they are both due to be delivered here soon, as it's dry we may go for a walk along the beach at Arbroath and they love a Mackie D's, so the drive though might get a bashing, see ya later.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

Morning, half term for the kids up here, which meant a trip into Perth yesterday on Grandad duties, took the wee monkeys for a wander up the hills in Glen Shee, 9 year old liked, 6 year old soon got bored lol, they are both due to be delivered here soon, as it's dry we may go for a walk along the beach at Arbroath and they love a Mackie D's, so the drive though might get a bashing, see ya later.

and a visit to the dentist after..

https://www.dietdoctor.com/mcdonalds-triples-amount-sugar-hamburgers

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 7

Morning all and congratulations Rick and Sharon.

As the rest of the family headed off earlier I had half an hour to spare before starting work.  So I picked up a paintbrush and a muddle. Very therapeutic.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Happy silver wedding anniversary to Rick and Sharon. That takes me back to my own parents silver wedding when my sister, brother and myself organised a surprise 'do' for them. I'm not sure that my mum didn't suspect something as we had to ask her for contact details for other family. Just to think that was almost fifty years ago as they married in January 1946. Sadly over the years we have lost touch with most if not all of those friends and relatives, it makes me realise just how much my mum in particular networked with the family, when we didn't even have a telephone let alone the internet. My mum had about ten aunts and uncles on her mothers side alone but eventually the cousins moved away and we lost touch as well as some if they are still alive would be in their eighties or nineties. Enough of my ramblings, tea has to be drunk, be back later.

• Like 15
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Well I woke up this morning to find that (surprisingly) it had rained overnight, but as I sat down to eat my breakfast the sun came out and it’s looks like it will be a nice day. So I’m hoping to get the old racking in the shed dismantled and then a new one re-built with the extra shelf today. You watch, I’ll get halfway through the task and it’ll chuckinitdarn. Still best get cracking. 

Happy anniversary Rick and Sharon. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I have one cousin. Aditi has lots though she doesn’t seem to use the first, second and removed nomenclature, just “Dad’s “ or “Mum’s” side of the family. 

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Not surprisingly as we are spread round the world , I'm not that in touch with any cousins. Mums side I think there are 5 of which the last time I met any would have been in the 1970s.

of Dad's side I think there are 10 of which 3, I have never met as they live in AUS, the last time I met one was about 5 years ago when one had a broads holiday..  The rest 1971 

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, TheQ said:

Not surprisingly as we are spread round the world , I'm not that in touch with any cousins. Mums side I think there are 5 of which the last time I met any would have been in the 1970s.

of Dad's side I think there are 10 of which 3, I have never met as they live in AUS, the last time I met one was about 5 years ago when one had a broads holiday..  The rest 1971 

Second cousins etc I have never met, as the Grandparents came from Staffordshire, Isle of Wight, Glasgow, and Wiltshire

• Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I have one cousin. Aditi has lots though she doesn’t seem to use the first, second and removed nomenclature, just “Dad’s “ or “Mum’s” side of the family. 

My mums cousins were always 'aunt' or 'uncle' as were my parents friends. We used to visit my mums cousin in Dalston several times a year and his son (first cousin once removed?), who was about five years older than me got me into model railways by giving me an old copy of Railway Modeller.  I was only nine or ten at the time so he must have been only in his mid teens.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

I had 14 1st cousins, all on my mum's side and several 2nd cousins on both sides. Due to the family letter that still circulates I'm in touch with all the one's on my mum's side.

Happy anniversary to Rick and Sharon.

Jamie

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Happy Anniversary Rick and Sharon.

Our 25th involved a trip with our Herberts to Australia.  We had a great time..Barrier Reef, Rain forest, Melbourne tram museum..so good we have returned a few times since.

Baz

Edited by Barry O
Spellung
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Having delved into the family history my relatives are spread across North East England.  Still finding some up North but we have a branch who live in Essex/London.

Some of whom have been in the "Job" for years.

Not detected any very rich close relatives.....yet...

Baz

Edited by Barry O
Spullchkr
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Just to show i haven't been too idle over the last couple of days. Here's some proof. Firrst the newly painted section of the shed floor.

PA070799.JPG.440572f84d7ad98af09e7f55afedb3b8.JPG

Then this morning's little task with ground anchors added to the supports for the swing.

PA070801.JPG.79f8cadab026395f4f18b36041ccc1e2.JPG

Jamie

• Like 18
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

In Aditi’s family anyone called Auntie is not a relative. Auntie and Uncle is a respectful term for an older person. When Aditi was observing a lesson in East Ham so of the students were chatting about their work and Aditi replied in Punjabi. This amazed (and amused) the girls who said “Can we call you Auntie”. She said she preferred not to be “Auntie”. Years ago one of her Dad’s younger GP friends got married. MiL told Aditi to call the bride “Auntie”. Aditi declined as the young lady was the same age (23)as she was. 
Aditi is very happy for our nieces and nephews to call her Auntie though. I think the Indian “Auntie” still has negative meanings as a result of the Aunties trying to arrange marriages for her. 
Tony

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 6