The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

The power outage last night lasted from about 1915 to 2345, Duke Energy's times that were reported to me (via their power outage response line) were about twenty minutes later; report logging timing delays, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Good to hear that ChrisF's procedure went well. The sore foot kept me awake last night, after a few nights when it bothered me little. I suspected that it was eating spicy foods that made it flare up so I had cut the spicy food out and it seems to have done the trick. That was until yesterday when I consumed some salami but that just confirmed my suspicions. Now to run a bath, or go back to bed until the bin wagons dawn chorus.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Gold

Glad to hear Chrisf enounter with the CT scanner went smoothly.

Our trip to a pub went well. On the way we passed a very quiet Spoons then another quiet pub right in the centre of town and our Harveys pub has not reopened yet. I was also told that another pub wont reopen till they can serve drinks without food. An odd one that as it normally full of people having a meal.

The pub that we visited had run out of Scotch eggs as the landlady said that all she could find in any shop / wholeslaer was six of them. She was also getting low on baked potatoes but had plenty of sausage rolls. Its a strange situation  that one minute you are wondering why its taking so long for the food to arrive then you remember that you want it to take ages. I managed three pints before they could no longer serve us another pint as we were finishing our food. The landlady was busy cooking in the kitchen down below whilst the other member of staff was getting flustered after being furloughed for a month but now having to deal with food orders, work the newly programmed till and trying to explain the new rules to some without anyone actually fully understanding what they should be but hoping that they dont get a fine by some offcial that thinks they are doing it wrong. As this pub is around two miles away I knew that I would require a call of nature on the way home so as my other half did not want another meal we used Sainsburys loos rather than Spoons which was still very quite at around 7.30pm.

Today we were going ot do the 45 minute walk ro our local brewery but its going to rian most of the day so I will probably stay in the shed. We may get a chance Saturday if the possible meet up of old model railway club friends doesnt happen . The friend organising it cant get hold of the pub we use, to see if they will be open and have suitably covered and warm outside seating. They have been doing very nice pizzas since lockdown 1.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Sainsbury's blotted their copybook today.  Five freezer items missing from delivery.  To be fair that's the first real problem we've had with them so will accept the multitude of apologies and forthcoming credit with good grace.  The missing items were just to top up the freezer so can wait until next week.

One case of beer is now out for delivery, the other is now coming tomorrow but at least they've told me.

I don't do Naproxen, we fell out big time many years ago.

Like TB I've shrunk over the years and am now a good inch and a half shorter.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 15