RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I always was, I used to wear me thermals in Swad, even in the Summer.:laugh:

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Naa, No Sledging, the Suns out here now, I need to find my Bikini and shades.

Definitely  a double dose of TMI there Andrew.

No snow hear and so far the treatened liquid sunshine has not arrived. 

Jamie

• Like 8
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, iL Dottore said:

I didn’t notice the Harrogate Tea Fields either, Baz :jester:

no because they own plantations more suited to were tea can thrive  and they pay sensible wages too...

At least we can blend proper tea unlike the Swiss..

Baz

• Like 9
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Hello again from Estuary-Land. 

2 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

That’s a misnomer if there ever was one (or did I miss the famous Leeds’ Tea Plantations when I was there last?)

Good bit of marketing though (but why Yorkshire? Why not Lancashire tea or Essex tea?)

You can get Cornish tea, they sell it in the Eden Project shop. Its quite possible to grow certain crops in the UK and not just because of global warming. Churchill suggested that we grow tea here in the UK as a wartime measure to save shipping space. The only thing that prevented that from going ahead was it takes five years for a tea bush (camellia sinensis) to mature. I've tasted Cornish tea, not bad but not strong enough for my taste. Many years ago an old chap in Essex grew his own tobacco.

1 hour ago, chrisf said:

I shall bear that in mind if ever I find myself again with 300 grammes of leftover gammon joint.  If only I had had the presence of mind to telephone you for advice from the sauces aisle of the supermarket yesterday morning!  I can only imagine the scene in the Holiday Hovel if the peace and quiet that you enjoy there had been interrupted by the plaintive cry of a ringing mobile phone ...

Chris

When I was young we often had the remains of a Christmas gammon joint. Mum used to mince it up, add a few whisked eggs and chopped onion and put it in a flan case and bake.

54 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

For those currently bereft of the stuff, this is what we call ein bißchen schnee!

BEF4A35B-B41E-4488-80B8-D4CAA9B6A2AD.jpeg.21ad4e8d74ad621c396cbf808b1aefe3.jpeg

By Alpine Redoubt (tm) standards, just a light dusting...

You only had one job on the layout and that was to plant some trees.:jester:

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 3
  • Funny 16

24 minutes ago, Grizz said:

Is / was anyone else aware that, with only 7 days notice, the UK GOV announced that by 14th December all domestic fowl like chickens etc, no matter if you keep 10,000 or 1 must be kept indoors due to outbreaks of avian flu across the UK. Only one small article on national news and then no other mention......the gits!

There's big road signs around here informing me that 'You ere entering an Avian Flu control area' must be a high incidence........

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 9

6 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Both - in abundance!

Yes but its not 'proper' chocolate.

There may be a case for some divergence from European standards.

Perhaps we should add cocoa plantations to the tea fields above Huddersfield.

• Like 11
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Barry O said:

no because they own plantations more suited to were tea can thrive  and they pay sensible wages too...

It’s good to learn of a company that properly recompenses those workers (and small businesses) who provide the raw materials, Too many companies don’t (and too many consumers don’t give a damn about that or about humane and enlightened animal husbandry - as long as they can get “whatever” cheap)

You’ve piqued my curiosity I’ll have to learn more about the company (and see if can acquire a box of Yorkshire Tea, I want to see what the brew-ha-ha is all about :D)

• Like 15
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

5 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

It’s good to learn of a company that properly recompenses those workers (and small businesses) who provide the raw materials, Too many companies don’t (and too many consumers don’t give a damn about that or about humane and enlightened animal husbandry - as long as they can get “whatever” cheap)

You’ve piqued my curiosity I’ll have to learn more about the company (and see if can acquire a box of Yorkshire Tea, I want to see what the brew-ha-ha is all about :D)

Sorry iL Dottore its not available for export. If you purchase any off the black market make certain its correctly marked ' produce of Yorkshire':D

Edited by Winslow Boy
BL...dy autocorrect.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

I use leaf tea, with an infuser it is just as convenient as tea bags. Unfortunately few if any supermarkets stock the large leaf tea for infusers only the fine stuff that clogs up the infuser. With that in mind I purchase my tea in bulk from the Wee Tea Company https://www.weeteacompany.com/ which was recommended to me by Mal, late of this parish.

Mention has been made of sausages, a bit of bad news all down to BREXIT:-

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-ban-british-sausage-makers-23232052#source=push

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 4

34 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

Never been but can’t be as picturesque as my home town.

The only place I know that had 4 different bus routes out; to Rotherham (my home town) of all places. Even Sheffield could only manage 3 :D

Thus proving that 'Rotherham Envy' is rampant :mosking:

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 14

46 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Something for those who think classical ballet is boring and po faced

One of the most enjoyable dances in the classical repertoire (music, IIRC, by Delibes)

I was taken to see that ad a child. It was part of my parents’ attempt to educate my sister and I in all things classical, which culminated in them leaving the Nutcracker halfway through because we would not sit still. Some bloke chundered on the train on the long journey back from Waterloo East to Paddock Wood and I remember that as much as the ballet. I remain a cultural philistine!

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 3