RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Something else I ordered from the US had been on a round trip of a few states via USPS but when it gets to the UK will be handed over to Hermes. 

You can count that as lost without trace. Hope the supplier has another dozen for you, one might make it to you.

• Like 4
  • Agree 7
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Apparently a pc monitor being delivered today can not be delivered “safe”. Now I know this means can’t be left in a secure place if we are out but it does generate visions of it being delivered by a sword swallowing unicyclist.

Something else I ordered from the US had been on a round trip of a few states via USPS but when it gets to the UK will be handed over to Hermes. 

B43FDA4D-70F1-4E80-9EEF-437A3B1CBFAF.jpeg.65cee504a09c763781c4162c4e9ffd66.jpeg

As noted previously when 2 of our beer orders went "missing" from Hermes. 

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

20 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

A lot of local and national government IT seems to be that way. According to Mrs Lurker, who worked in that field, a lot of it is down to poor specifications, or poor/non-existent system testing or both.

When HMRC were designing a new online filing system, they sent out their IT teams to taxpayers including us to discuss how their planning was going, where they were headed etc. We got our then head of IT involved and having had a long discussion on all things IT technical, almost all of which went above my head, his strong advice to them was "non, no, no, don't do it that way, here is what you should do." Needless to say, they did exactly what they were going to do anyway and it all failed when they came back to show us how it would work.. They then had to spend time and effort going in a different direction, although I will admit I could not tell you whether it was what our IT guy had recommend. What I can tell you was that they had employed IT contractors who had no idea about the tax system they were trying to deal with so my input went well above their head too!

Just wait until you get to play with CDS and TSS. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AndrewC said:

Another fun filled afternoon. A practice strategy 'meeting'. In reality is nothing more than PowerPoint poisoning. The last time I was exposed to this much bullsh!t was in the cattle barns at the Calgary Stampede. 

Perhaps you could accidentally post the PowerPoint presentation Aditi has prepared for the next French conversation Zoom evening. Something to do with TinTin. 

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

You can count that as lost without trace. Hope the supplier has another dozen for you, one might make it to you.

I think it may actually be the last of a limited edition! 

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I think it may actually be the last of a limited edition! 

I would say that it is sunk without trace but I doubt that it is a boat or submarine!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

' afternoon all from red dragon land.

Wet and windy or Chuckinitdarn and blowing a hooley - whichever you prefer.

This afternoon's click n collect groceries sorted and stored away.

Thumb (almost recovered) and opposite index finger (yes, cut the other day on scissor blade whilst cleaning it!) both received a new plaster.  BoDitis? Is it catching one wonders?

Hope BoD is well, by the way.

Toot on the flute the last few days, despite the plasters over the holes, has been promising, Today? Less said....  

Listening to Boy George. 'Nothing' to watch on the screen was handy when doing the click n collect when I kept it full screen - not distracted!   Playing it again so I can listen to the words and move to music!

Fitt :training: and :danced: Elfie keeping pace.

Take care all and play safe.

_________

Best wishes

Polly

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The water infection is still there but its receding. Very windy outside but no rain but distant thunder can be heard. Still feeling cream crackered so it will be an early night tonight.

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Bear has decided that toast and marmite is now justified, followed by a (big) chunk of SCC with a scoop of ice cream on the side.  It's been one of those days  :banghead:

No Ice Cream....:shout: :cry:

Hippo - emergency beam out......

• Friendly/supportive 18

Good evening all from what seems to be an area of increasingly blustery wind with the potential for more than just a little light drizzle (no, @polybear, not of lemon!)

Only one comment from above posts:

11 hours ago, TheQ said:

As for Gwiwers Future it looks like he'll be directly or indirectly be working for Great British Railways.. 

The lettering on UK yacht sails for international events is GBR.. sponsor ship anyone?

Didn't it used to be just the letter 'K'? That's what my Marblehead yacht carries, although it has not been in the water for some years!

Dilemma: which to do first; eat or look at an errant Z21 WiFi Hub?

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 3
  • Funny 11

1 hour ago, JohnDMJ said:

Dilemma: which to do first; eat or look at an errant Z21 WiFi Hub?

Errant WiFi hub investigated. Norwegian Blue found.

Dinner Time!

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

@polybearyou are the second person i know that raids the Co op with a sackbarrow. My erstwhile collegue Smurf who has been mentioned on these pages and TNM regularly raids the Airedale Co-op with a sack barrow to carry his packs of lager home

No lager.  Just cake....:D

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 9

4 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

70mm of rain.  It is fair to say it is sipping down, several trees down too.  May....pah.

Could you send some of it this way?

We're on our third day of forecast isolated showers. It rained for half an hour on my walk today. A very gentle rain. So gentle that the concrete path in front of my house still had dry spots when I got home.  I doubt there was enough to mist the rain gauge.

On Monday it started to rain at the beginning of my walk. By the time I had satisfactorily adjusted the hood to my raincoat it stopped, more quickly than it started.

Official reporting stations in the area are airstrips. Yesterday no rainfall was measured at PDX yet a small airport south of the metro area saw over 8mm.

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 8