RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Good moaning from the boring borough. 

My you lot have been busy over the past 2 days. Still playing catch up. 

A belated Happy Anniversary to Tony and Aditi. Here is to many more. 

A grand weekend visiting the offspring in Carlisle was had. First Father's Day in 4 years that we've been together. I must have done something to appease the traffic gods as both the trip up and home were painless and quick. Our spare small Kamado bbq was delivered and they've taken to it already. Pulled pork on Saturday and pizzas yesterday. 

Another week of pushing ones and zeros about. Enjoy the day. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, pgcroc said:

Just looked at the A La Carte menu. What are 'invisible chips'? £8.

I didn’t know but seemed to recall I had seen the term before so I Googled  it.  The payment for the invisible chips goes to the restaurant staff, another form of tipping or showing appreciation. 

• Informative/Useful 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I didn’t know but seemed to recall I had seen the term before so I Googled  it.  The payment for the invisible chips goes to the restaurant staff, another form of tipping or showing appreciation. 

That explains that then!

• Like 5
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

I am having difficulty walking round the house today. Not due to myblegs but a certain little dachshund by the name of Pebbles is constantly trying to get my left sock whilst it is still on my foot.

She certainly seems to have a killer instinct she will get stuff and give it a right good doggy shake with her mouth 

• Like 6
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

' afternoon all from red dragon land.

Sunny, a bit cloudy, light breeze. I would not go so far as saying it was hot, warm enough for me, though. So, I reckon I should get out and get that fern moved... and get cracking on the muddling.

May be a while...

Polly

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, chrisf said:

...snip...  All I have to do now is put the remainder in a safe and memorable place.

Chris  

I keep my spare new batteries in the refrigerator. I recall reading/being told so many years ago that the cooler temperature will slow any self-discharge. I do not=know if that is really true but so far I have n problems with them; well, except for cold fingers when changing batteries!

• Like 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium

Fern moved. It was a double but I decided not to separate the two halves and just plonked it as is into the hole I had just dug. It was just the right size - no measurements, I just stopped when I had had enough! Covered with bark, watered and that was part of the day's job done.

Round the peony from where came the fern, was a different matter. First, some weeding in the vicinity (that is another story!) and a layer of bark. Took more effort than I would have liked, but there you are. Job done. Now downing cold orange juice. 

Muddling? I think that will keep for another day... maybe I will think about it.  Planning the order in which things have to be done to complete the current project, might be a good start...

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Never mind whisky/whiskey!😳

A trendy London pub is selling what is believed to be Britain's most expensive beer - at an eye-watering £80.15 a pint.

The pricey beverage, which is served at a boozer in Brixton, south London, is an American import. 

The Craft Beer Co chain has shipped over Reforged 20th Anniversary Ale at £105 per 750 ml bottle, which is around 1.3 pints, from an 'artisanal' microbrewery in San Diego, California.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 9

17 minutes ago, pgcroc said:

Never mind whisky/whiskey!😳

A trendy London pub is selling what is believed to be Britain's most expensive beer - at an eye-watering £80.15 a pint.

The pricey beverage, which is served at a boozer in Brixton, south London, is an American import. 

The Craft Beer Co chain has shipped over Reforged 20th Anniversary Ale at £105 per 750 ml bottle, which is around 1.3 pints, from an 'artisanal' microbrewery in San Diego, California.

Craft Beer Co is hardly trendy anymore. 😃

Alesmith do some amazing beers but I wasn't impressed with their Reforged series. (No I didn't pay anything close to that amount.) That is still not even close to the most expensive UK beer. Brewdog's End of history was £220 for a 33cl bottle at 51%abv. Their Sink the Bismark was around £60 for a 33cl making that roughly £115 for a pint. 

• Informative/Useful 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Craft Beer Co is hardly trendy anymore. 😃

Alesmith do some amazing beers but I wasn't impressed with their Reforged series. (No I didn't pay anything close to that amount.) That is still not even close to the most expensive UK beer. Brewdog's End of history was £220 for a 33cl bottle at 51%abv. Their Sink the Bismark was around £60 for a 33cl making that roughly £115 for a pint. 

Glad I don't drink beer.

• Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 1

6 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

Scorchio here with a nice breeze ...

5 hours ago, southern42 said:

Sunny, a bit cloudy, light breeze. I would not go so far as saying it was hot, warm enough for me, though.

5 hours ago, Tony_S said:

It is sunny here. Very sunny.

Today is the day the weather is supposed to change here with clouds (present) expected to clear this afternoon. The solstice tomorrow will bring pleasantly warm, above 'normal', temperatures, but weekend-to-weekend, the temperature is forecast to rise by 14°C (with 34°C forecast for Sunday).

It is at least preferable to the record highs on that day a year ago, the heat wave topping out at 47°C on the 28th.

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, pgcroc said:

...snip... The Craft Beer Co chain has shipped over Reforged 20th Anniversary Ale at £105 per 750 ml bottle, which is around 1.3 pints, from an 'artisanal' microbrewery in San Diego, California.

And probably tastes like it should be poured back into the horse!

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

10 hours ago, pgcroc said:

Just looked at the A La Carte menu. What are 'invisible chips'? £8.

Whoops!

I just saw a later post and deleted the speculative nonsense I posted earlier.

Edited by iL Dottore
Removing total b0ll0cks
  • Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1