Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, DaveF said:

.........while I was hold each time I did some more sorting out of books to make space for things which need to come down from the loft.  Usefully a charity bag came through the door which says they will accept books which will save a trip into town.

IIRC many of those bags are delivered and collected by Companies that sell them & the contents to Charities - so if you are able to deliver direct to the Charity it saves them money.

• Agree 9
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, polybear said:

IIRC many of those bags are delivered and collected by Companies that sell them & the contents to Charities - so if you are able to deliver direct to the Charity it saves them money.

Their bags may state that they donated x£s amount to charity  ... but what happens/happenned  after that guaranteed set amount was given?  Totally agree with @polybear comment.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

4 hours ago, polybear said:

or perhaps.....

"iDeeeeeeee......hurry it up with the oven chips....."

I doubt that you’d be willing OR able to afford my fees - even for a low rent job like chucking frozen oven chips into a hot air fryer.

Still, it could be an amusing exercise to see what The Bear would swallow, in this case literally….

Lemme think….. GOT IT! Special bear style pizzas and pasta:

Beans on Toast Pizza with fried potatoes and cheese (a pizza strewn with toast fingers, upon which a tin of baked beans is upended, covered with oven fries and smothered with grated “pizza cheese” and finished off under a blazing hot Grill)

Spaghetti alla Beanonrara (spaghetti tossed with eggs, bacon, sausages, baked beans, cream and cheese, served with oven potato wedges)

Lasagna Alle Patate (layers of lasagna sheets, fried potatoes and onions, tinned tomatoes, béchamel sauce ending with a layer of pasta covered with baked beans liberally mixed with grated generic cheese and baked in an oven).

With a large slice of industrial LDC (guaranteed no natural flavourings) in each case to finish off the meal.

Oh and a large Diet Coke - gotta watch the calories…

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

I doubt that you’d be willing OR able to afford my fees - even for a low rent job like chucking frozen oven chips into a hot air fryer.

Still, it could be an amusing exercise to see what The Bear would swallow, in this case literally….

Lemme think….. GOT IT! Special bear style pizzas and pasta:

Beans on Toast Pizza with fried potatoes and cheese (a pizza strewn with toast fingers, upon which a tin of baked beans is upended, covered with oven fries and smothered with grated “pizza cheese” and finished off under a blazing hot Grill)

Spaghetti alla Beanonrara (spaghetti tossed with eggs, bacon, sausages, baked beans, cream and cheese, served with oven potato wedges)

Lasagna Alle Patate (layers of lasagna sheets, fried potatoes and onions, tinned tomatoes, béchamel sauce ending with a layer of pasta covered with baked beans liberally mixed with grated generic cheese and baked in an oven).

With a large slice of industrial LDC (guaranteed no natural flavourings) in each case to finish off the meal.

Oh and a large Diet Coke - gotta watch the calories…

Perfect.  Book Bear a Table.....

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Tony_S said:

There are quite a few roads round here and some flyovers in east London with the no horse and cart symbol. Parts of the A127 do,seem to have been used for trotting races or practice on occasions.  

Bear has come across such a race taking place on the A414 just outside Hatfield one Saturday morning; the Gip....er, Travellers simply blocked both lanes of the Dual Carriageway into Hatfield with Horse Boxes, unloaded the Gee Gee's and Carts and proceeded to race.  As there was probably 100+ of them all watching & no doubt betting on the outcome I very much doubt the local Plod would've tried to intervene.....

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

38 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Sounds like a great start for a line of ‘ready to nuke’ meals! When do you plan to introduce them? And what’s the proposed brand name?

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, pH said:

Sounds like a great start for a line of ‘ready to nuke’ meals! When do you plan to introduce them? And what’s the proposed brand name?

I think the beans on toast pizza or similar (as the car hire firms say) was available a few years ago. 

• Like 12
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2