RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Greetings all from a part of the Boring Borough which is still cold and cloudy but which has been snow free.

WFH this week as we are between offices which means I seem to have done more ferrying of others while trying to work! Oh and answering the door to deliveries- three calls in a row interrupted today!

there was talk of pharmacies earlier - we seem lucky here in that there are two independents on the high street plus a Boots, another on the way down to the station and another down in Foots Cray. And given that I am about 90 seconds Walt from the High Street, that’s pretty good. The High Street itself is the usual mix of charity shops, nail bars and takeaways although the Chinese medicine shops seem to have gone.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 11
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, PupCam said:

the challenge of tracking and photographing the ISS is a very significant one

You still have six years according to an article I read today. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Hroth said:

Everyone that has or had a Labrador will know that the Seafood Diet is their pets favourite only available setting....

Fixed that for you... 

4 hours ago, Tony_S said:

... As [Robbie] jumped he had stolen a salmon sandwich as it was in between the woman’s hand and mouth. ....

That reminds me of a cartoon I want to post. Once the IT problems are sorted and if Life gets a bit easier, I have some scanning to do (the old one has gone pop and I'm unsure if it can be revived, there's a procedure I want to try before binning it but I am not optimistic). Does anyone else have the book 'How to live with a Pampered Pet'? https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Live-Pampered-Eric-Gurney/dp/B005OTIUKO - a modest little paperback but worth a couple of pounds if you see one at a realistic price. Fully illustrated, including on pets helping themselves ...  

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I was making an eyelid inspection this afternoon and missed a call from a *credit card company about financing a new car, I'll have to call back in the morning. Just been watching Winter Watch, there was a very interesting article on the Portugese man-of-war. I was intrigued to discover that it is not a jellyfish but a group of hundreds of separate animals living as a colony and each animal has a separate function. *The credit card is hardly ever used and I 'froze' the upper limit more than twenty years ago, I've asked for the limit to be raised while I'm waiting for the insurance to sort things out.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

17 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

We were very lucky with our dog Sam, who was a lab/collie cross but looked almost pure black lab with a white chest. We could leave him in a room where the coffee table was laden with food and he wouldn't touch a morsel, just sit and gaze longingly at the goodies. The really amazing thing is that we didn't what you would call train him in this behaviour but after just a few "NO"s when he showed any intention of going near food that wasn't his, he never tried it on again. Like I said, we were lucky.

Dave

We had an Irish Setter when I was growing up that was trained to not snatch food so would sit there gazing longingly at it while we were eating, but a stream  of drool would ooze out of each side of her mouth. Often they would join up to form one stalactite which would continue to slowly make its way to the floor, it looked like she was  wearing a spit stethoscope.  Then she'd shake her head and cover the whole area and everything in it  including the food  in doggy drool at which point she  usually got it handed to her anyway.

• Like 12
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Goodnight all 

• Thanks 6

Today, the city has been running a plow regularly up and down the short street just west of us, keeping the street to the local high school clear. The problem with that is that the school has not been in session, a ‘snow day’ having been declared. Meanwhile, our street, off the street to the high school, hasn’t seen a plow all day. With the snow continuing to fall, we now have about 25cm on the street.

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, zarniwhoop said:

For the quote, I prefer the discworld version: NEITHER RAIN NOR SNOW NOR GLOM OF NIT CAN STAY THESE MESENGERS ABOT THEIR DUTY (from Going Postal)

Dont arsk us about Mrs. Cake

• Like 13
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Yesterday there was a coating of ice on the handle of the side door of the garage. Today there was a thick coating. The weather is making up for the mild December we had.

We were out briefly this morning for grocery shopping.  We have skipped our outdoor walks for the last few days, mostly because of possible hidden ice on the sidewalks.

• Friendly/supportive 16