RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, bright, cold and sunny here. I feel almost human again after Friday's frolics. It was a good day, the Army certainly know how to put on a day to remember.

SiL has found out where he will be posted to, it's going to be flying Lynx from Gutersloh in Germany for a couple of years. Originally he wanted Apache but since becoming a father his priorities have changed somewhat. Luckily Flybe have flights from Southampton to Hannover, which is just over an hour from Gutersloh, at very reasonable cost, so it should be easy to keep in touch / have a cheap holiday.

Have a good one - by the way, forgot to say that the Bodge City megabodge double slip is down, wired up and has successfully had a loco through it. Probably needs a bit of fettling to be honest, but considering the very unGordonlike method of construction I'm pleased as I didn't really think for one minute that it would work at all.

Edited by PhilH

• RMweb Gold

Good lord, I thought Gutersloh had closed years ago. I used to visit a lot in the '80's. Good for a vacation if you like visiting a (not very interesting) industrial area!

Best, Pete.

Apparently it's going to be there for another couple of years - there and Dishforth are the two conversion to role training bases for the Lynx. I believe after that all Lynx and the new Wildcat ( Future Lynx) activity will be concentrated at Yeovilton.

I'm just pleased that with his newly acquired skill hopefully they are set up for life, apparently there aren't many unemployed helo pilots kicking around.

Good morning all,

Everything covered in some very white very cold stuff...............looks very slippery out there. So I aint going out.............though have charged the boost starter for my car, as apparently I'm on grand-children sitting duties tomorrow.

Trev

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Distinctly frosty in these parts but thankfully only outside.

... Hannover, which is just over an hour from Gutersloh ...

Surely he can pick you up in the company car and it'll only be a 5 minute trip!

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

Dd's post gives me a warm and cuddly feeling too!

Beach weather as predicted!

Although separated by a few thousand miles, PhilC and I are in similar climes.

25C hot Gordon? That's still only bordering on Summer weather.

Wait until the 30s in February.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Very icy here today - managed to go down trying to get to the grit box up the road - doesn't seem that I've done too much damage (touch wood).

Late start today as we had folk round last night for festive drinkies and nibblies, and they stopped til well after 45156/30747 bedtime, so a late rise and then not able to get online as paperwork took priority - lots of what used to be called brown envelopes to check through, and make sure that there's nothing untoward - but can ANYBODY understand these combined gas and electric bills - I can't and I am fairly numerate.

Sun is out now, but it's still pretty cold. Other than that, not a lot to report.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Back home.

I had a slow but steady(delays mainly caused by accidents in roadworks) journey up to Leicester. I was able to park right outside the house which was handy. Matthew neglected to tell me that he had to clear his room as the landlord is re-carpeting the house over the holiday. He was able to leave some stuff in a room with a laminate floor, but the car was still quite full. We stopped off in Enfield so Matthew could visit his grandmother.

Tomorrow should be a quiet day as the lounge furniture is due to arrive. I've been reluctant to arrange disposal of the old furniture until the new stuff is here so Matthew can help me put it in the garage. The 35 year old suite doesn't have a fire rating sticker so I suspect it can only be landfill. I've got a few charities who I've might want it and recover it but nothing confirmed yet.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

If no one wants to recover it Tony the frames might be useful for any local woodworker.

I'm certain they are beech. British Heart Foundation took a friend's furniture, even if they don't want this they may know who might. I know fire regulations can make furniture difficult to dispose of but it is very difficult to get rid of any stuff here. I tried giving Matthew's bikes away here and no-one was interested. In the end some went to East London and some went to Wales. My MiL had no trouble disposing of furniture in Nottingham.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Looking frosty outside, so I guess taking care of where to tread will be in order. Second-last day of uni for me this year, and I am looking forward towards the Christmas break.

Be back later, so have a good one...

Morning All,

I'm back in the office this morning - but it is going to be a short week as I have got Thursday and Friday off. The little guy is back to school this morning - I am always amazed at the recuperative powers of Children.

There is a light dusting of snow here, but the temperature is above freezing so it won't be staying around once it gets light. I am hoping to get away from work at a reasonable time to visit the Christmas Market in Mainz, but that depends upon how long my project management meeting drags on for this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone...

Bristol Parkway to London Paddington?

How did I guess?!?

Shame really - I've always wanted to travel to the UK by train. There is still something romantic about an international train journey. Still, there's nothing romantic about the prices - most times it is twice the price of flying. :O

Dd's post gives me a warm and cuddly feeling too!

Beach weather as predicted!

Although separated by a few thousand miles, PhilC and I are in similar climes.

25C hot Gordon? That's still only bordering on Summer weather.

Wait until the 30s in February.

Ah, but Phil said it was '24 degrees tonight', so I was assuming it was well into the 30's+ during the day. I'd struggle to sleep with that temperature at night.

Morning all...

Is it Monday?