RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Ian, So sad to hear this news. I lost my first wife to cancer some years ago now. I can tell you that you'll have good days and bad days, but I can also promise you that the rawness eases and, given time, life won't seem so bad.

There's no right way to cope, do what works, what seems natural.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Scattered cloud cover up in the sky and the sun's rising. Looks like tidying up will, after all, be on the agenda for today. I'll also need to pick up the Danish money we ordered at the bank.

I continue to be thinking of you and your family, Ian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Sunny and quite warm here already but it was much cooler during the night. Not a lot planned today, Robbie has an appointment at the vets for his booster jabs.

I can't remember if I mentioned that Matthew is now in his university accommodation and seems very happy.

Tony

So very sorry Ian to hear of your sad loss; I cannot add anything meaningful to the comments already posted except perhaps to pass on what a friend said to me when I was sorely troubled- keep your chin up Tim, take one day at a time,don't expect too much of yourself and there will be light at the end of the tunnel.If you can find the writings of Lady Julian of Norwich you may be comforted-I was.Thinking of you, Tim.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have not made a habit of visiting this thread in the past but have been aware of the unfolding events from posts elsewhere.

May I add my sincere condolences, Ian, and the offer of any and all support as you may need at any time.

• Like 3

Guest dilbert

The final page in a book of life has been turned, yet in other life books, this page represents the end of a chapter.

Books are important in life - they represent a memories of the past... dilbert

• Like 8

Funny thing about life, after the sadness of yesterday, this morning the sun is shining and life goes on as normal for most of us. I found that particularly hard to accept after losing family members.

It's only several years later have I learned that's the way it is and know time is a healer. The memories will never go, but the pain does subside.

Thinking of you, Ian.

I wonder how Mike is on his cruise? Hopefully there are no Somali pirates in the Bristol Channel...

• Like 5

What is the name of his vessel? Did he tell us the site that tracks it's progress? I did PM him the news yesterday, as requested.

So long as they are not zig-zagging across the Thames at Benfleet looking for WW2 mines......

The US Marines have more planes and ships than the RN, I think. Actually more planes than the RAF, probably.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

Morning all. Over in Glasgow today, got a thousand and one (work) things to do today, and very little motivation!

My friend Gareth's had an interview this morning for the Passport Office in Durham. Really hope he gets it as he's had a rotten string of redundancies/short term contracts/periods of unemployment over the last 5 years.

Thoughts still with Ian, of course.

• Like 1

What is the name of his vessel? Did he tell us the site that tracks it's progress? I did PM him the news yesterday, as requested.

So long as they are not zig-zagging across the Thames at Benfleet looking for WW2 mines......

The US Marines have more planes and ships than the RN, I think. Actually more planes than the RAF, probably.

Best, Pete.

Stop it, Pete. You sound like an American.... :no:

http://www.trinityhouse.co.uk/holidays/patricia-voyages/index.html

• RMweb Premium

Funny thing about life, after the sadness of yesterday, this morning the sun is shining and life goes on as normal for most of us. I found that particularly hard to accept after losing family members.

It's only several years later have I learned that's the way it is and know time is a healer. The memories will never go, but the pain does subside.

I found it quite difficult to accept that as well, Gordon.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Have we still got a Navy?

Of course! I saw all three of our ships down in Bournemouth last week. On second thoughts one was a support ship and another was some sort of coastal protection vessel. Does one destroyer constitute a navy?

Hope Ian is hanging on in there.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1