Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Thanks to everyone for their thoughtful messages. What kind folk you are! I'm hoping that, as this bout of Shingles is only "partially erupted" (GP) and the second one, it won't be too severe. Nowadays, anti-viral drugs are prescribed to "mimimise the pain" (GP again!) At the moment I'm only cancelling engagements for this week (If that sounds like a bulletin from the Palace, well, I did once play the part of HRH in a panto some years ago. My daughter played Prince Charming!!)

Edited by Ashcombe

Hello, hello, hello,

Cloudy with rain at present, continuing tomorrow but forecast to be clear and Sunny over the weekend.

How many more to go Gordon?

The money from the sale of my flat was banked on Monday. Yeah. In time to renew the brandy supply.

Also looking at the availability of half bottles of wine.

Good morning all, well Don & I are up, what about the rest of you? (Those in their sick beds are excused.....get well soon). Well Hump day again, and chaos here continues to reign ....and there was a lot of rain in the night too.

What ever you're up to today try and enjoy a bit!

Trev

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Be well soon, Ashers! I remember my grandpa having had the shingles several years ago and it wasn't fun for him at all.

Quiet morning over here as it's National Day, meaning it's a public holiday. I believe we'll be visiting a flea market later on and possibly take a walk in the woods to see whether there may be chestnuts already!

Cheers everyone...

• Like 1

I now remember why I wasn't using eBay much.

i) They've now charged me fees on money I haven't had.

ii) Held up the money I have received while I'm investigated for money laundering (it takes 24 hours apparently - they must have a department the size of the CIA)

iii) Investigated me for money laundering on the last five transactions (including sales for 99p).

iv) Told lies.

post-7041-0-52565400-1349244227.jpeg

Edited by DDolfelin
  • Like 2

Morning everyone

Another bright start to the day here, let's see how long it lasts today.

Thanks for the kind words and best wishes for Mrs A who is determined to rise from her sick bed, with my help and a few bits of mobility equipment she will get to the living room chair by lunchtime. No more sneaky chocolate hobnobs with my cup of coffee today then!

Best wishes to Ash for a quick recovery.

• Like 1

Glad to see that other than Trev and myself, others are arising s l o w l y.

In days gone by I would log on to ERs at 6:15 (my time) 5:15 your time, have a chat with Gordon , Dd, BoD, Dseagull and Moo and be offline for the rest of the day by 7:00. You have now become a bunch of sleepyheads! :lazy:

Pay Pal issue is concerning. Hope it's soon resolved, DD.

Thank you to 1216 025 and Aberdare for your good wishes. Feels strange not to be up by now on a Wednesday in time for my Dance/Exercise Class.

Hope Mrs A has a good day. Hard work being the carer, especially sans choc bickies!

And a late good morning to all from a fairly sunny Torbay!

• Like 1

Sorry Don, five years into retirement and my computer hours seem to be slipping back. With no need to get to the airport a leisurely cup of tea whilst watching the breakfast news seems to have taken over.

Off to the hospital today with Mrs S who needs a minor skin cancer op. We're fairly certain it's nothing dangerous, but won't know until the test results come back. Either way, it has to come out and the knives are being wiped and sharpened as I type.

Here's hoping the other members and their spouses of the ER family are feeling better and will continue to make a full recovery.

Had an N2 running in my storage yard last night. All four boards in this section are nearing completion with over 500 wires soldered in place. Stupid hobby really.... :no:

Two friends who regularly use eBay have reported the same experience.

In these days of 'Faster Payments' it gives PayPal the cash for another 24 hours.

In a business of that size, that is considerable.

As money changers they are required by law to demonstrate 'security against money laundering'.

But then they lie about it, saying it only impacts on 'one in ten' transactions.

I'm in no way concerned about it - just peeved that it gives me extra work in admin when I have other things to do.

No good turn goes unpunished.

Are you teaching Dance/Exercise, Ashers?

Are you teaching Dance/Exercise, Ashers?

No, just a humble participant. It's a brilliant class run by a dynamic 67 year old lady who teaches routines in various styles: Greek, Scottish, Latin American, ballet, Country & Western, etc. Most of the members are 50+.

Hope hospital visit goes well for Mrs. S.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

By the time I get to the keyboard, I'm no longer an 'early riser'.

Best wishes to Mrs A, Mrs S and HRH Ash/Ashers/etc.

I spent last evening soddering (sic) together a 1:12 scale white metal bucket for a tipper wagon.

I'll spend the rest of the day trying to clean up my rather tatty seam joints (and the conservatory table..................at least I am reminded why I prefer building in wood and 'proper' metal.

Regards

Richard

• Like 2