RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I now have a sore back and abdomen from unexpected physical activity this afternoon. I thought it was a bit chilly in the lounge and turned the thermostat up but nothing happened, the boiler did not engage. I had this morning bled some air from the kitchen radiator. I checked to see to that water (header tank for boiler is in the loft hence backache etc) , gas and electricity were still available and turned everything off and on again. I then recalled the boiler reset, pressed that and everything started, lots of gurgling, OK for 5 minutes and then boiler cuts out. Bled another radiator that seemed to gurgle and repeated. Central heating seems OK, no gurgling. I wonder if the bleed this morning dislodged sludge that upset the boilers water presence sensor. Perhaps a drain, clean and treat for this system is in order!

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We seem to be having identical weather here in Essex to that being enjoyed by Matthew. Though it is forecast to be only -2 here tonight. Matthew has a predicted -9C tonight, (probably needs a light jacket for that). Though I think his presentation on "sustainable tourism" will be on his mind more than the weather. It is a group task and the other four only need to do enough not to fail. They are international students who just get pass or fail grades. Matthew is an exchange student and gets "proper" grades that count towards his degree so he has been "encouraging" the others.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Thick ice forming here, the water dripping off a cottage down the lane has frozen into several giant icicles, I won't be walking under them in the morning. It was snowing heavily when I checked a few minutes ago.

• RMweb Gold

It has been snowing for most of the day but sideways as the wind is strong. When we came back from the walk this morning muddy slush had frozen to Monty's fur it was a real hassle getting it off.

I was wondering what kind of medication Trisonic is on. Whatever turns you on!

Don

Er, sorry about that!

I had two former colleagues over last night for the night enroute back to London. one of them professes a liking to railroads so I let him have a look at RMWeb on my 24" screen (plus he could use the search facility) pointed him at Eastwood Town and ER and left him for an hour.....just took them to JFK.....

I've checked my content to ensure that there are no other messages from "Cassandra" - if you come across any please let me know! Luckily it wasn't too bad.

Two things are correct:

1. I have hurt my knee and am taking Aleve.

2. I do have a Westie called Mayzee (she was born on the last day of May, 3 years ago.

Once again, don't do what I did....

Best, Pete.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Pete, you got away quite lightly. Having seen some of the things that appeared on Matthew's and his friends Facebook pages before they learned about never leaving an accessible computer around!

Tony

I now have a sore back and abdomen from unexpected physical activity this afternoon. I thought it was a bit chilly in the lounge and turned the thermostat up but nothing happened, the boiler did not engage. I had this morning bled some air from the kitchen radiator. I checked to see to that water (header tank for boiler is in the loft hence backache etc) , gas and electricity were still available and turned everything off and on again. I then recalled the boiler reset, pressed that and everything started, lots of gurgling, OK for 5 minutes and then boiler cuts out. Bled another radiator that seemed to gurgle and repeated. Central heating seems OK, no gurgling. I wonder if the bleed this morning dislodged sludge that upset the boilers water presence sensor. Perhaps a drain, clean and treat for this system is in order!

Tony

"I now have a sore back and abdomen from unexpected physical activity this afternoon."    :wub:  :smoke: 

"I had this morning bled some air from the kitchen radiator.....Bled another radiator that seemed to gurgle and repeated...."   :butcher: 

I'm no longer so sure that doctors evolved from barbers. I'm getting a hint of plumber in there; it'd at least explain the fees charged when you go private. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

The doctors in the family seem quite impressed at my ability to solve plumbing problems. I do say if I had as much money as them I may not have had to be as proficient.

• Like 8

Thanks for the insight into your layout Martin. It was interesting to see the road traffic moving of which one would not be aware from normal still views, but I would also like to see a 'normal' write up with pictures. Is there a layout thread anywhere?

Another hot day today at 29C and remaining in the upper 20s for the rest of the week. Clear skies and very little wind.

Tim called last night and renewed my brandy supply! :imsohappy:  

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Despite only having 4-5 hours kip last night everthing managed to get done. The last 3 hours have been spent updating my blog.

Shower and then watch that Africa DVD by the BBC we got at the weekend. (its 22:20 over here).

Enjoy your day people!!! 

Good Morning all,  

Another day in the heat beckons...not sure I could cope with the UK's weather now!  Now got to try and persuade the P-D that things here dont work like they do elsewhere in the world!

What ever your weather, be care out there & try and find something to smile at!

Trev.

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning All, ( and here's one for Trev  :yes:

No snow yet but it is forecast, currently -1oC but feels a lot colder with the wind chill.

Nothing planned for his morning but a couple of locos need some minor repairs & adjustments so will probably do that.

Grandchildren will be here after school so that is something to look forward to.

Enjoy your day 

Bob

Morning all.  Still blowin' a good 'un down here.  Hopefully it will ease later.  

Looking at the track Don, I'm fairly sure that's not Martin's layout.  Just a piece of YouTube footage that he has picked up.

Nice to hear 'Coronation Scot' once again.  That takes me back to Children's Favourites on the radio....

It was also the theme to Paul Temple.

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 2

Morning All,

The weather has really deteriorated now!  I was surprised to wake up to a fairly heavy coating of snow.

It took me over an hour to get to work instead of the normal 35 minutes.  A tanker carrying paint came off the A5 Autobahn and the motorway has been closed as a result.  Most of the traffic has diverted up the A67 which is solid traffic.  This caused a tailback onto my motorway and I ended up sitting in a traffic jam until I could get off at the next junction and drive through Rüsselsheim instead.

According to the radio, the last time we had this much snow in March was in 2006.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Morning.

Some snow on the ground in the garden. The road looks quite clear as I think the wind has blown the snow away.

Our central heating seems fine this morning . I'm sure I will appreciate when I return from clearing the car in a short while. Robbie didn't stay out longer than he needed to this morning and went back to his basket.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S

Most impressed by the stop frame action in Martin's Video combined with live footage.

Must have taken a long time to make.

Trumpton isn't dead after all!

Not sure I'm convinced by Pete's explanation.

I can think of more likely scenarios.

Beautifully sunny at the moment.

Further report in about 10 minutes.

• Like 4