Robin Park Arena & Sports Centre

Loire Drive

Wigan

WN5 0UH

Directions

Parking

Saturday 11th December 2010 - 10am until 5pm

Sunday 12th December 2010 - 10am until 5pm

The exhibition is still in the same venue and the same two halls as last year.

The exhibition area now totals 31,000 square feet.

This has enabled Wigan FRM to alleviate the problem of overcrowding and equally important we have a Coffee Shop / Refreshment Area within the larger LTA Hall.

The Licensed Bar serving hot food will still be available in Cafe Life (formally Champions Bar), this has been totally refurbished and now has seating and tables for 60 people.

Ticket Prices

ADULT ADVANCE TICKET £7 (FULL PRICE £8)

ADVANCE ADULT SPECIAL OFFER TICKET 4 ADULTS FOR THE PRICE OF 3 £24

(SAVING 25%@FULL PRICE)

ADVANCED CHILD TICKET £2.00 (FULL PRICE £2.50)

ADVANCED ADULT 2 DAY TICKET - £12.00

ADVANCED CHILD 2 DAY TICKET - £4.00

FAMILY TICKET (2+3) £18.50

GUIDE BOOK £2

Advanced ticket bookings

Exhibitors

The exhibition is renowned for bringing high standard layouts from across the UK, covering a wide range of subjects and scales. 2010 is no exception and attending this year are:

ABERDARE 'OO'

13.6 X 8.2 - Graham Tierney

AIRTHREY PARK 'OO'

24 X 3 - Simon Barratt

Airthrey3.jpg

ALLOA 'OO'

31 X 12.6 - Steve Turnbull

APETHORN JUNCTION 'O'

48 x 12 - Keith Harrison

BERGELLER BAHN 'HoM'

15 x 6.6 - John Laister

BLACKMILL 'OO'

49 x 10 - Modern Image - Blackburn & East Lancs M.R.S

BLAKENEY 'EM'

17 X 13 - Geoff Kent

BLAKENEY.jpg

CALDERWOOD '00'

26 X 2 L&Y West Riding 1910 by John Dilnot & Dave Kirby

CLAYDON 'N'

4 X 2 - David Westwood

COLNRADE 'O'

30 X 7 - Peter Smith

CORNWALLIS YARD 'EM'

17.6 x 9.6 - David Barker & Alison Gilmour

DALRY ROAD 'O'

24 x 3 - Ian Atkinson

DONEGAL 'Ng'

20 x 2.3 - Geoffrey Alan Gee

FFRIDDOEDD BRANCH 'OO'

18 x 8 - Wyn Platt

FINGER POST 2000 'OO'

15 x 2.2 - Trevor Bottomley

GALA WATER 'N'

15 X 7 - Spencer Anderson

GLENROTHES NORTH JUNCTION 'N'

12 x 3 - Martin Leece

GOX HILL QUARRIES 'EM'

16 x 6 - Peter Leadley

GRANGE-over-SANDS 'N'

18 x 4 - Robin Grubba

HALIFAX KING CROSS 'P4'

15 x 2.2 - Steve Hall

HALIFAX KING CROSS.jpg

HAZEL VALLEY 'OO'

27 x 12 - Kevin Parkinson

LA ROCHELLE 'HO'

15.10 x 2.4 - Ian Rankin

La ROCHELLE.jpg

MARKET ROUNDHAM 'OO'

7.6 x 14.4 - Gary Atkinson

MIDHURST S.R 'OO'

38.6 x 7.6 - Tony Bates

MINI-MSW '2SF'

4.6 x 4.6 - Alan Whitehouse

MUNROW 'HO'

18 x 2 - Nick Easton

NIDDBECK BRIDGE '2SF'

6.6 x 2 - Edward Sissling

OULTON TMD 'OO'

21.3 x 9.3 - Alan Cromarty

PEFFERMILL 'EM'

11.6 x 2 - Brian Sunman

PORT WILLIAM 'N'

12 x 2 - Simon Cullen

RAVENSCROFT SIDINGS 'P4'

22 x 2 - Simon Bendell

STODMARSH 'O'

14.3 x 4 - Kevin Cartwright

THORNBURY HILL 'OO'

40 x 3.6 - Robert .J. Duffy

THORNBURY HILL.jpg

UPSAN DOWNS 'O'

28 x 3 - George Woolnough

VALLEYFIELDS 'EM'

12 X 2 - Keith Hill & Tony Gee

WHEAL ELIZABETH 'P4'

10 X 1.10 - Andrew Ullyott

Wheal Elizabeth.jpg

WIBDENSHAW 'EM'

36 x 12 - Kier Hardy

WIBDENSHAW.jpg

WIVELISCOMBE 'OO'

18.6 x 9.9 - Tony Hiscock

WOULDHAM TOWN 'OO'

24 x 10 - Brian Longurst

WREXHAM HIGHTOWN 'O'

35 x 6.6 - Arthur Magee

Trade

A1 Models

Bachmann Plc

Bill Hudson Transport Books

Book Law

Brilliant Baseboards

British Railway Modelling

Cheltenham Models

Comet Models

Contikits

D&E Videos

D.C. Kits

Dean Sidings

247 Developments

Eileen's Emporium (new to wigan in 2010)

Flangeway/Footplate Models

Gem/Fleetline

Going Loco

Golden Age Models Ltd (new to wigan 2010)

Green Scene

Hobby Holidays

Invertrain Model Railways (new to wigan in 2010)

Judith Edge Kits

Kyteslights (new to wigan in 2010)

Layouts4U

London Road Models

M & B models

Modelex

N Brass Locos

N Gauge Lines

P & H Models

Parkside Dundas

Penketh Model Rail Center (new to wigan in 2010)

REALtrack Models (new to wigan in 2010)

Roger Carpenters Photographs

Shawplan Model Products

Skytrex Ltd

Ten Commandments

TMS Models

Todmorden Model Supplies

Treemendus

Unit Models

Wigan Club Sales

ZTC Controls (new to wigan in 2010)

Demonstrations

GEORGE NUTTER 'N'

HOWARD CLARKE '7mm Ng' Macclesfield MRG

TREVOR GIBSON '7mm (S&DJR)'

MERRICK TOMLINSON '7mm (S&DJR)'

MARK HENSHAW '2mm'

TONY WRIGHT '4mm (BRM)'

KEN BALL '4mm & 7mm'

STAN WILLIAMS '009 Ng' Merseyside 009 Society

KEITH WARE '2mm & N'

JOHN LOYD (Green Scene)

CHRIS HEWITT (Wigan Finescale Railway Modellers)

SIMON FENTON (Wigan Finescale Railway Modellers)

ARNOLD BELFIELD (Rassbottom Brow Group & EMGS)

DEREK EVANS (Rassbottom Brow Group & EMGS)

ALLAN MELLOR (Rassbottom Brow Group & EMGS)

MIKE TURNER (Wirral Finescale Railway Modellers)

DAVE SKIPSEY (Wirral Finescale Railway Modellers)

Bachmann DCC

DAVE BARRETT '4mm S4'

JOHN EMERSON 7mm Construction

Societies

2SF Society

London & North Western Railway Society

Highland Railway Society

The 009 Narrow Gauge Society

The Stephenson Locomotive Society

Ffestiniog Railway Society

The Welsh Highland Railway

Lancashire &Yorkshire Railway Society

N Gauge Society

EMGS

The 7mm Narrow Gauge Association

Lynton & Barnstable Railway (NW Area Group)

Scalefour Society (S4)

Cumbria Railway Society

The Stafford Railway Circle

Caledonian Railway Association

• RMweb Gold

Please note that Tony Sissons (modelmaker87) will also be making an appearance, as will Tim "I've not updated my USA trip" Rogers - come along and chat, we don't bite if you want to point out ways to improve our models ;)

• RMweb Gold

looking forward to this was disappointed with the manchester show last weekend.

Hi Alex - obviously no-one would try and deny your right to your own opinion but Manchester was a good show, however Manchester has it's own thread, probably best to stick to Wigan here ;)

Hi Alex - obviously no-one would try and deny your right to your own opinion but Manchester was a good show, however Manchester has it's own thread, probably best to stick to Wigan here ;)

sorry bout that wont happen again:) Have now deleted offending post

sorry bout that wont happen again:) Have now deleted offending post

I think you are right to remove the post as it serves no useful purpose, particularly on the Wigan Exhibition Thread. However you do have right to your opinion and if you come to Wigan and are disappointed we would wish to know and hope you would post as such. Much more important we would wish to know the cause of your disappointment so that we could either act upon it or at the least offer an explanation or clarification.

We very much welcome criticism and feel that it is not only healthy for our exhibition but also healthy for this forum. Constuctive criticism does come with reponsibility and above all needs to be fair and justifiable. Frequently this is not the case and provokes a defensive reponse that stifles further debate.

No Exhibition Manager deliberately puts on a poor show, why would he, and these endless comparisons of one exhibition with another is not good for the hobby. By all means compare Wigan 2010 with 2009 as then you can compare like with like, but even so you will get some years that are better than others if for no other reason than the availability of layouts.

We should just be thankful that we have people prepared to organise exhibitions and layout owner prepared to exhibit, all of whom do it for little and in most cases no reward.

I think you are right to remove the post as it serves no useful purpose, particularly on the Wigan Exhibition Thread. However you do have right to your opinion and if you come to Wigan and are disappointed we would wish to know and hope you would post as such. Much more important we would wish to know the cause of your disappointment so that we could either act upon it or at the least offer an explanation or clarification.

We very much welcome criticism and feel that it is not only healthy for our exhibition but also healthy for this forum. Constuctive criticism does come with reponsibility and above all needs to be fair and justifiable. Frequently this is not the case and provokes a defensive reponse that stifles further debate.

No Exhibition Manager deliberately puts on a poor show, why would he, and these endless comparisons of one exhibition with another is not good for the hobby. By all means compare Wigan 2010 with 2009 as then you can compare like with like, but even so you will get some years that are better than others if for no other reason than the availability of layouts.

We should just be thankful that we have people prepared to organise exhibitions and layout owner prepared to exhibit, all of whom do it for little and in most cases no reward.

I visit a small number of shows each year, basically looking for inspiration to spur me on in my own efforts and also to pick up the odd bargain. My hat goes off to anyone who exhibits be it a club or individual, this year some layouts blew me away (Rowlands Castle) at the level of detail others for the great amount of detail in such a small space (Auchinraith)

Some of the smaller shows also give me a benchmark as to where I believe my skill level currently is/is going

I'll be visting Wigan for the first time and looking forward to it greatly, but I don't think you can ever really compare shows - layouts possibly

I hope one day to be suitably happy with my work to be able to exhibit it and place under my peers scrutiny

THE WEEKLY UPDATE

The eagle eyed may have noticed that our flyer at the beginning of this thread advertises 41 layouts whilst the list beneath only mentions 40. The reason for this apparent oversight is that since the printing of the flyer two layouts have withdrawn through illness. Needless to say we hope everyone recovers and can be with us in 2011.

John Emerson's 'Gifford Street' has already been replaced by Blackburn & East Lancashire M.R.S.'s 'Blackmill', whilst Dr. Mike Watts 'Springfield Spa' has only recently been replaced by Jack Burnard's 'New Bottle Colliery'. Thank you gentlemen for stepping into the breech at such short notice.

So we are now back up to the 41 as originally adverised.

Well what can I get the missus to buy me this year for Christmas at the wonderful Wigan exhibition :lol:

This show apart frae being a veritable corker is also so "useful?"

I feel a cunning plan coming on - especially with some of the traders who are new this year...... B)

Cannae wait to have another look at Blakeney and Wibdenshaw mind, quality models!

I allways look forward to the excellent Wigan show. I have no excuse for not attending as I live only 2 miles away.

My son does Karate at the venue, and I picked up a flyer there yesterday. Seems to be a "Good un" this year. Looking forward to seeing Halifax Kings Cross.

Just need to start saving for the odd book, DVD and large bag of odds 'n sods that I allways seem to come home with !!!!

Brit15

THE WEEKLY UPDATE

With only six weeks until the exhibition, now is the time to consider purchasing Advance Tickets if you are contemplating visiting in December. For a number of years now we have only been offering concessions on the door to children, so if you wish to gain entrance at a discount, Advance Tickets are the only way. This discount, is of course available to everyone.

Full details are available on our website at www.wiganfrm.org.uk and can be purchased online through Paypal if desired. The four tickets for the price of three is really good value at a 25% discount on the door price, which equates to £6 a ticket which has got to be a great offer which is due to end soon.

• RMweb Premium

Can you just clarify how far the walk is from the nearest bus, as I hope to be able to attend, but will need to come by train (WCML permitting) to Wigan NW, then get the bus, but as my mobility is still going to be quite limited.

Are we having an RM Web gathering in any nearby bar/pub so we can get to know who's who?

Loks like an excellent show not to be missed.

• RMweb Premium

Can you just clarify how far the walk is from the nearest bus, as I hope to be able to attend, but will need to come by train (WCML permitting) to Wigan NW, then get the bus, but as my mobility is still going to be quite limited.

It's about 100-120 yards from the nearest stop, which is on Scot Lane. Nearly every bus that passes Wigan NW also passes Robin Park, but most of them stop on the A49 on the far side of Saddle Junction.(A long walk!) The bus to catch is the 628, which runs along Scot Lane. I'm not sure exactly where the stop is, but you need the first stop after you pass the Asda store.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Paul

Archived