West Pickering, Craig's Canadian project

Craig Watson

3002 and 3003 are very appropriate for New Westminster. They're both based at Port Coquitlam, and regularly work in New West.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Here is another bus possibility. The Megabus double deckers run from Toronto to Montreal and NYC, so could possibly have a pick up stop at your station (or be on the 401 bridge...).http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Faresplease/Misc%20Collection/MegabusVanHool.jpg

Adrian

Was reminded of this post today when my aunt posted this pic on her Facebook page at Ajax station on her way into the city!

Note the bus in the background!

post-291-0-90939200-1405983440_thumb.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've not had much of a chance to work on the layout over the summer, mainly due to work!

I have to ask if anyone knows the poster mp55aec from here, I bought a few items from him through the classifieds without problem in June and July (Motel kit and two CN locomotives), I was then offered another loco from him that he'd ordered from Canada which was due to be delivered but he had decided against keeping, as the loco was one I was looking for and I had purchased other items without problem I agreed to buy the loco and duly paid by paypal on the 19th of June and was advised that the loco should be here in around 7 days and it would be forwarded to me then.

I then received a message on the 22nd July after enquiring about where the loco was saying it was on its way by 72 hour courier, on the 30th I advised him that the loco had not arrived yet, I received a reply saying they would look at where it was  and that another forum member also had bought an item through the classifieds which had been posted at the same time but hadn't arrived either and thats the last I've heard!

I'm a bit stumped as the previous items were delivered without problem by collect plus and I was supplied with a tracking number, I wasn't supplied with a tracking number this time, on checking their profile they haven't been active since the 4th of August and my pm's since the start of August have gone unanswered, I also paid by the friends and family option on paypal so no chance of any comeback there, I also emailed the paypal address given but no joy their either.

I've spoken to the other member who also hasn't received his items and he's as stumped as I am.

All in all its a weird one, I hope nothing untoward has happened to the poster but I'm increasingly getting the feeling I've been had for £80.

My only hope is that someone else on here knows him and can advise on whether he is ok!

Anyway, hopefully some more work will take place on the layout, my other exhibition layout Park Road TMD is moving to its new home soon which will give me the room to get on with the rest of the fiddle yard, I'll hopefully update on progress soon.

Craig

• RMweb Gold

He was last on on the 4th August so I'd keep an eye on his profile as that tells you when he's around. Might be worth asking Mods to contact him or get them to appeal for anyone who knows him and if he's been I'll or on hols?

• RMweb Premium

I've picked up another few pieces of rolling stock for the layout including an exactrail waffle sided boxcar in Southern "Serves the South" livery, on my last visit to Canada a few years ago there were regularly one or two battered examples in this livery sitting in the sidings next to Ajax GO station so its appropriate for the layout!

Cheers

Craig

Anyway, on a more positive note I've picked up another few pieces of rolling stock for the layout including an exactrail waffle sided boxcar in Southern "Serves the South" livery, on my last visit to Canada a few years ago there were regularly one or two battered examples in this livery sitting in the sidings next to Ajax GO station so its appropriate for the layout!

There always seem to be some scruffy NS or SOU boxcars in there when I drive by there.

Adrian

• RMweb Premium

At last I seem to be getting somewhere with the missing loco, I had a message from another member with a contact number, on sending a message I have had a reply from his partner stating he's been in hospital and promising to sort it all out so here's hoping!

Craig

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

With my Park Road TMD UK layout now finally sold and off to its new home I came home from my club's exhibition tonight and made a start on the rest of the fiddle yard boards, the two below are just clamped together for now as I've just ordered dowels and will be getting bolts etc over the next few days.

post-291-0-58758000-1412544923.jpg

Now to print some point templates to work out the fiddleyard layout and get the points ordered.

I spoke to my club exhibition manager today and the challenge has been set, next years Bonnybridge exhibition being the target!!

Cheers

Craig

• RMweb Premium

More progress, my track arrived today allowing me to make a start on laying the fiddle yard, this is as far as I'll probably get for the next week as it's my son's birthday tomorrow and we're paying a wee visit to Disneyland Paris next week!

post-291-0-85844400-1412899173.jpg

I might get some wiring droppers done if I get a bit of spare time later though!

Cheers

Craig

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Thanks Daniel,

Now that we're back from a (not so) relaxing week at Disneyland Paris with the kids I'm planning to get a few hours work done on the rest of the fiddleyard over the next few days.

Also after some time I finally last week managed to get a refund for the loco which never appeared mentioned earlier in the thread, it was apparently badly damaged by the courier but the users partner has promised to send on what is left of it once their insurance claim has been sorted!

I'm also planning to get some more prototype inspiration for the front of the layout next summer as we are planning another family holiday to visit my relatives in the Toronto area.

Cheers

Craig

• RMweb Premium

Yes aren't holidays hard work when there's lots to do! Glad the loco has been refunded at last too.

Definitely!!

Good trip though, took advantage of the passes and traveled down to London Euston on the WCML last Sunday, then onto the direct Eurostar on Monday morning and back last night, another night in London then back up the WCML today!!

I'm pleased about the refund too, that and selling Park Road TMD has mostly been put into this fiddle yard!

Cheers

Craig

Archived