Yes the thingy and the rest of Warren Lane we will be at Watford Saturday

Come and say hello if you can make it

Alan

Will be there earlyish about 10.30. SO I will ask for wombatty then :no:

Hi

Yes the thingy and the rest of Warren Lane we will be at Watford Saturday

Come and say hello if you can make it

Alan

Hi, Was pleased to meet you and the crew this morning at Watford. The layout looks fantastic and ran superbly ( as usual ). Well worth the journey to see it. I would recommend any one on here to go and see Warren Lane in the flesh if it is shown localy ( or not so local )...Peter

Hi, Was pleased to meet you and the crew this morning at Watford. The layout looks fantastic and ran superbly ( as usual ). Well worth the journey to see it. I would recommend any one on here to go and see Warren Lane in the flesh if it is shown localy ( or not so local )...Peter

Hi Peter

Thanks for your comments, it makes all the hours work and late nights worth it.

Some pictures taken by Jake watson as we set up

Catenary finished all bar the Thingys relay boxes

post-9211-0-98633800-1336891089_thumb.jpg

post-9211-0-81625100-1336890982_thumb.jpg

First glimps of the extension, still a lot to do before DEMU but it made a big difference to the look and the operation of the Railway

post-9211-0-99454600-1336891005_thumb.jpg

Big thank you to Mick, Ben and Jake for helping this weekend

And a Special thank you to Maggie....if it wasn't for you Warren Lane would still be Broken in the Garage X

Alan,

Wow the extension looks superb !!

I love the catenary too....would you be kind enough to write a 'how to' blog sometime on how you actually made it please? I'm looking at doing something very similar but just don't know where to start particularly with regards to the wire, what do you use, how is it bent into shape and soldered etc.

What else do you need to do before DEMU? I'm hoping to get to see Warren Lane in the flesh at the show :)

Regards

T.

Alan,

Wow the extension looks superb !!

I love the catenary too....would you be kind enough to write a 'how to' blog sometime on how you actually made it please? I'm looking at doing something very similar but just don't know where to start particularly with regards to the wire, what do you use, how is it bent into shape and soldered etc.

What else do you need to do before DEMU? I'm hoping to get to see Warren Lane in the flesh at the show :)

Regards

T.

Hi T

I will do some thing very soon...

If you come to DEMU I will introduce you to Mick Lawrence (he taught me the techniques I use today)

Things to do before DEMU, container stacks, scenery, low relief industrial units and some more stock.

Regards Alan

How long is it now please?

Hi

Its 24' x 2'6" (3 x 6' scenic sections, 1 x 6' fiddle yard)

We will add the last fiddle yard later this year.

This will allow main line Passenger working and bi-directional working of the yard.

Regards Alan

Hi Alan,

I haven't posted here for a while, and was sorry to hear about the layout being damaged. Well done to you and the team in rebuilding and getting the extention up and running. The layout looks superb and I am sure will give you alot more fun when operating. Seeing some passenger trains running past when you get the fiddleyard done will be great. Looking forwards to seeing some new stock.

Cheers Peter.

Hi T

I will do some thing very soon...

If you come to DEMU I will introduce you to Mick Lawrence (he taught me the techniques I use today)

Regards Alan

Thanks Alan.

Another reason, as if I needed one, to come along!

Regards

Tarik

Hi

Its 24' x 2'6" (3 x 6' scenic sections, 1 x 6' fiddle yard)

We will add the last fiddle yard later this year.

This will allow main line Passenger working and bi-directional working of the yard.

Regards Alan

So how long is it going to be for Trainwest next year?

Geoff Endacott

Nice extension! Really adds something....

Now without bad puns, looks as fantastic as the rest of it and opens up so much more operationally. Has your design changed slightly from what you described at Illford?

Matt

Hi Matt

With the space I had available, it just wasn't possibble

But It could be the next project

Alan

Hi Matt

With the space I had available, it just wasn't possibble

But It could be the next project

Alan

That's a bit of a shame, i don't want to put here what you described as you like to keep the suprises coming but it would have had more of your brilliantly detailed stock out on display.

Terminus rather than a fiddle yard at the 'new' end maybe? Or even half a through station to keep the continuous main line look? TBH i could throw ideas out all day but really should be getting on with my own layout! Which reminds me, Andrea's kindly treated me to my first pair of Real Track FLA's, just waiting for the postie to deliver them and see how good they are:-) and then work out how to ruin them by turning them back in time by a decade:-(

Matt

That's a bit of a shame, i don't want to put here what you described as you like to keep the suprises coming but it would have had more of your brilliantly detailed stock out on display.

Terminus rather than a fiddle yard at the 'new' end maybe? Or even half a through station to keep the continuous main line look? TBH i could throw ideas out all day but really should be getting on with my own layout! Which reminds me, Andrea's kindly treated me to my first pair of Real Track FLA's, just waiting for the postie to deliver them and see how good they are:-) and then work out how to ruin them by turning them back in time by a decade:-(

Matt

Hi Matt

All good ideas....its just the space

How do you like the FLA?

Its been cold in the garage, so I've been working on Mags kitchen table the last couple of nights

New container stacks for Extension

post-9211-0-93452500-1337271084_thumb.jpg

Just a bit more weathering to do

post-9211-0-03992600-1337271065_thumb.jpg

The containers are a mixture of Bachmann and Dapol, repainted and Decals by C Rail and TL models

Archived