Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

I mentioned  before the small Marina bit of the main river at Dartmouth.

This shows the boats in the basin  presumably avoiding the current in the main river not to mention the large Navel boats

I thought these might be of use.

Don

I'm a bit worried about those boats. How will we get any modelling done if everyone goes off navel gazing?

Not posted for sometime. I've had a pause to think exactly how I will fit the scenery in and how the area behind the carriage sidings and bay platform will look and how I will go about achieving that look. I think I'm there and today made a start on the retaining wall at the end of the carriage sidings. Will post some photos when its on the layout later this week.

• Like 1

A little bit more work on the scenery around the Carriage sidings. Cut the foam to shape fro the bottom of the retaining wall and the basic scenery towards the station. At the moment nothing is fixed. In the last shot thought I'd add some recycled hanging basket liner from the ripped up part of the layout ( that's why it hasn't bent to well in the corner)to see what it would look like.

post-7090-0-82517000-1426782091_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-81118500-1426782119_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-70968800-1426782144_thumb.jpg

Hopefully over the next few days there will be sticking down and shaping of the large sheets of foam and possibly heightening that part of the landscape on the backscene.

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I reckon Western National might be upset at the sight of so many Devon General buses that far West of the River Dart.

Here are some from West of the Tamar to make them feel better.

post-21039-0-74445100-1427968395_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Haven't started on the fiddleyard yet, although some points and track were purchased on Saturday. Instead I thought I'd start ballasting. Not my favourite job made worse by having to be on a 2 step stepladder to reach the bay platform and carriage sidings, one of the problems with having an almost 3ft. wide baseboard and me being only 5ft 9 and the baseboard being some 3ft 8 high . It needs a little tidying up in places, probably because of having to stretch. Pictures later when I've weathered the new ballast to match the old, ie a spray with Humbrol Dark Brown. At least the worst bit is over and all the other ballasting can be done from a normal standing position.

• Like 1

Westerner, I like the tree'd background that is emerging here. How were your trees made?

I also wonder whether there is a layout plan of the new venture or have I already missed it?

Many thanks, Andy R

Alan

Have you ever done any guest running with blue and grey stock?

Be interesting to see a fast forward in time shot when you are done but just before rationalisation swept it all away.

Assuming the line stayed open in the late 70's early 80's you would have had the last rites of the Westerns, class 50's on Mk1 and Mk2 stock and HST's.

Locals would I suppose would have been in the hands of class 116 DMU with single car units to supplement.

You might have had a blue 46 on an inter regional. What freight there was would have been 4w fitted vans giving way to Speedlink Air Braked Wagons. Haulage by Class 25's and Class 31s as the Hymeks and Warships would have gone.

Just some musings of an old fart really!

Paul R

• Like 1

An interesting idea Paul. Unfortunately my pocket wouldn't be able to take the strain of the extra stock. I did slightly shock one of my mates when I did say that I would get rid of all the steam locos and run early blue period with late Maroon ie 1964 to about 1968/9. Unfortunately I still do like my panniers and Halls and Castles as much as I like Diesel Hydraulics

Giving Kingsbridge Regis a rest for a few days as I'm off tomorrow with SAD and Dave to exhibit Salmon Pastures at TRAINWEST in Melkasham. Salmon Pastures for those who have not spotted on the Web is an LNER/LMS shed layout based in Sheffield and those who know that area will see the incongruity of the name.

A link to SAD's blog http://salmonpastures.blogspot.co.uk/

and thread on here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/82549-salmon-pastures/

Edited by westerner
  • Like 3