O Gauge "Presflo" transfers

• RMweb Premium

As a relative O Gauge "virgin" I don't really know my way around all the various suppliers, so I am asking you good folk out there if you can point me in the right direction. I am building a rake of "Presflo" wagons and I am looking to find a provider of transfers. I am modelling a train pictured in one of Keith Pirt's colour photo books, which has a mixture of yellow and grey wagons (probably both "Blue Circle") along with some in bauxite livery (probably BR lettering). There seem to be some photos of nicely finished models on the net but trying to find out whose make of transfers are on them is proving tricky! Many thanks in anticipation. I have emailed Cambridge Custom Transfers (but not heard back yet) as I know they do the BR version.

I have done 5 of the JLTRT Presfo's using CCT transfers and a few Fox ones for the yellow "Curcuit working" and yellow solebar data panel and black repair data panel. M&M Models do transfers for the Presflo's with an advertising board on them though I don't know what they are like personaly but I think they are the only suppliers M&M

post-6766-048574800 1287916928_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks for the responses gentlemen! I have had a look at both links and they are the same firm, M&M. Sadly on their list of transfers, the "Blue Circle" livery is shown as N/A although I will contact them to ask if it is either the website behing a bit behind or if they are to be done soon. I have now heard back from John Isherwood and I am sure he will be able to help with the BR version. Brian, that is a cracking job on the JLTRT kit and I hope mine come out looking a bit like that!

• 9 years later...
9 hours ago, 37114 said:

Just dragging this thread back up, does anyone know if M&M are still trading and if so is the Presflo kit and transfers still available please? Thanks 

I seem to remember that he retired on health grounds a year or so back.

I also seem to remember that some of his products were being taken on by another operator.

Having built a few of his wagon kits, it's to be hoped they haven't vanished into the ether, as they seemed to me to be of decent quality and good value for money.

John.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, John Tomlinson said:

I seem to remember that he retired on health grounds a year or so back.

I also seem to remember that some of his products were being taken on by another operator.

Having built a few of his wagon kits, it's to be hoped they haven't vanished into the ether, as they seemed to me to be of decent quality and good value for money.

John.

Thanks John, agree from what I had read there seemed to be more love for the M&M Presflo than the JLTRT one, particularly the quality of the bodyside ribbing

• Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, 37114 said:

Just dragging this thread back up, does anyone know if M&M are still trading and if so is the Presflo kit and transfers still available please? Thanks 

Look no further https://www.cctrans.org.uk/products.htm  !!

My Sheets BL27, BL109, BL110, BL121, BL152, BL155 & BL172 are a fairly comprehensive collection of transfers for the BR steam / early diesel PRESFLOs.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

On 09/11/2019 at 12:55, hmrspaul said:

If you are looking for 2nd hand M&M Presflo becareful. The first ones were far too domed; they did correct that later but it was an instantly obvious mistake.

Yes, sad that M&M have gone.

Paul

Ok thanks Paul, will do.

On 13/11/2019 at 17:43, mike hughes said:

I thought someone had taken over M&M models. They were at Telford but can’t remember who, pretty certain in the same hall as Slaters

Michael 

I think the company is First Class Kits. They can be found on the UK model directory.

• Informative/Useful 1