N scale London Underground 1938 stock

Burkitt

Is this something to do with those N scale model tube trains made for one of the Jubilee line contractors?

Yup. It was actually for a firm doing publicity for Olympia and York, the original Canary Wharf developers. A regret that I wasn't ever able to translate the project into part of the range later.

• 3 weeks later...

PB270315.JPG

Work on the tube train continues apace. I'm working on the rebuilt roof (the first attempt was badly out of true) and have applied and filed to shape the first layer of the filler that forms the cab roof dome.

PB270319.JPG

Meanwhile all the parts which are needed for the running gear have been gathered together. This Kato Portram from the Ffestiniog Railway model shop will be sacrificed to provide two tiny motor bogies. A load of 5.1mm wheels for the trailing bogies have also been delivered from MG Sharp. Thanks to Bernard for enabling their existence in the first place!

PB270322.JPG

Here's the reason I missed the Saturday RMweb meet at Warley - I couldn't walk off from the Eileen's Emporium stand without paying for this lot of screws, washers and nuts which should form the bogie pivots and attach the car bodies and chassis together. I also managed to find some proper London Underground Train Red paint on the Phoenix stand, which aren't even listed on their website any more.

Paul

Hi,

I am really impressed with the ammount of work and detail that is going into this. The fact that I couldn't tell it was N until told shows how well your doing.

Also the fact your just doing this 'just to see if I can' to me is the whole ethos behind railway modeling and modeling in general. Streching yourself and learning new skills along the way. Be it from doing things right or wrong!

Going to keep an eye on this just to see the project develop into what I'm sure will be an amazing bit of tiny engineering!

Big :good_mini: from me

matt

Archived