Bratchell Models - Latest products

Scottish Modeller

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Hopefully modellers will support James by buying his latest releases!

Need the sales to convince him of the amount of interest there is in modelling Scotlands Railways!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Celebrating its 'Silver' Anniversary in 2011 Strathclyde Transport liveried 318252

Advance order programme!

Strathclyde Transport liveried 318252 could soon become a RTA model, provided that sufficient Advance email orders are received before midnight on 24Nov10. NOTE: If this model reaches production, then the Launch price would be considerably higher, so save now by placing your Advance order! To order, simply reply to this email before the 24Nov10 deadline, selecting the quantity that you require in front of the item numbers below:- Quantity Item number Description and price ?x 318252OB8 1986 orange & black Strathclyde Transport liveried 3 car RTA model + silvered framed flush glazing ONLY £ 99 ?x BM3CAW ‘OO’ Wheels, bearings&couplings for the 3 car EMU £ 32 ?x 3182RTM * Ready-to-Motorise service to assemble 3182 RTA model * Note: RTM service excludes motor £ 36 You will then be sent an order acknowledgement email. If sufficient email orders are received by the deadline, you will then be sent an order confirmation invoice and details on how to pay either by card or PayPal account, using the secure PayPal site. We would expect order Advance order despatch to commence February 2011. However, if insufficient payments are received by midnight on 01Dec10, then all payments will be refunded in full. We look forward to receiving your email order.

Network SouthEast (NSE) liveried 455835

LAUNCH AT WARLEY 2010, NEC 20th & 21st November 2010

We are pleased to annouce the Network SouthEast (NSE) liveried 455835 RTA model Launch at the show and this model is now on general sale. To place your order, simply reply to this email selecting the quantity that you require in front of the item numbers below or visit our website for more details:- Quantity Item number Description and price ?x 455835BR8 1989 blue, red & white NSE liveried 4 car RTA model + silver framed flush glazing £ 184 ?x BM4CAW ‘OO’ Wheels, bearings&couplings for the 4 car EMU £ 42 ?x 4558RTM * Ready-to-Motorise service to assemble 4558 RTA model * Note: RTM service excludes motor £ 47 You will then be sent an order confirmation invoice and details on how to pay either by card or PayPal account, using the secure PayPal site. We look forward to receiving your email order.

Visit us at the Warley show this year to see our latest models, including Network SouthEast (NSE) liveried 455835

We are sharing Stand no. CO2 with Dart Castings.

If you are planning to make a purchase from us at the Warley show this year, then please email us by 13Nov10 to reserve your kits for collection, avoiding disappointment at the show, as we will have limited stock for sale during that weekend.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks

Are Bratchell still making the Class 456's?

Hi John,

I think they are despite not appearing on the website. I purchased some earlier this year after without any problem after sending an email request.

Kind Regards

Thomasrolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I would if they were cheaper!

Ok...

So is or isn't £99.00 ready to motorize a reasonable price - Really?

I wish I could take this kit, build it, paint it, sell it at that price!!

For the work involved - my opinion is that this IS a reasonable price!

When you bear in mind the selling price of the kit....

Thanks

£99 ready to motorize?

The cheapest train on their website, the three car 320, is £212 Ready to Motorise. You still need to spend £40 or so on a motor bogie on top of that, then fit it yourself. Lighting for head, tail and interior would require further work.

Bratchell make very impressive models, which would not otherwise be available, but they are pretty expensive.

Paul

• RMweb Gold

£99 ready to motorize?

The cheapest train on their website, the three car 320, is £212 Ready to Motorise. You still need to spend £40 or so on a motor bogie on top of that, then fit it yourself. Lighting for head, tail and interior would require further work.

Bratchell make very impressive models, which would not otherwise be available, but they are pretty expensive.

Paul

Hi paul,

OK - I take your point as I misread James original email to me.

However -

318252OB8 1986 orange & black Strathclyde Transport liveried 3 car RTA model + silvered framed flush glazing ONLY £ 99

So - you have to buy wheels, motor unit, make pickups etc on top of this.

Currently this model if bought RTR (Yes - I've just had a price) is £400.00

Given the saving in time for the paint job - I still think that £99.00 is a good price.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gordon,

I think you just need to watch this space for that livery.....

Thanks

Agreed.

Be patient. I have not seen what I am interested in yet: a 319 or 321 is NSE. I am sure they will be along shortly....:rolleyes:

As for price; they are really good kits, most of which are for models otherwise unavailable. Unitl they start selling in their thousands, (which just isn't going to happen because a 321 doesn't have the glamour of an A4) then the expensive cost of the tooling will have to be reflected in the kit price.

You do not need as many units as locos because they are more anonymous. Which is more obvious - a blue/grey 310 trundling back & forth or 87001 Royal Scot hauling every Inter-City on a layout all day?

You would need a fleet of 87's & 86's to make this look right while the unit would go relatively unnoticed.

On that basis, I don't think the kits are too bad at all.

• 3 months later...

Archived