Squires - Worthy of congratulation.

DDolfelin

It's great to encounter an example of good service - something seemingly in short supply.

The supplier in question is Squires Model & Craft Tools.

In fact, a multi-item order delivered complete 280 miles in under 18 hours - post free.

No connection with this outfit other than as a customer.

• RMweb Gold

I came across this firm at the Brighton Feb show in 2008 and bought a few things. I was offered a catalogue, but I suggested that as I live in France, they'd not be interested in my postal business. Wrong. Plenty of mail-order customers overseas, the chap told me. Hard to fault that attitude, especially in an era when even Maplin seem to have pulled the ladder up on overseas business.

• 3 months later...

I believe there new catalogue comes out in august 2011 as the front cover of my catalogue says September 2010 - August 2011.

I was very pleased to see them at Brighton Model World 2011 this year as i was looking to buy an Antex 690sd Soldering Station for £240.00 from Expo Tools but they only charged me £129.99 Brand new.

Spoke to the manager as i was shocked at the price difference, call me silly but i always be wary of something that looks to good to be true. You rarely see a £110.00 price difference on anything like this unless there is a something funny going on. But after chatting to him and realising they are a genuine seller purchased it and am very happy with it will certainly be buying other things from them as they are very sensibly priced.

I have used Squires for many years without any problems. On Tuesday afternoon I spilt adhesive over my cutting mat, resulting in striping the mat top. I rang squires at about 14.45ish to order a new one, in conversation with the Lady I told her what had happened, order arrived yesterday(Wednesday) morning, that I call first class service.

By the way this is my first post.

Peter

Archived