The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

Oh well, the unbeaten run could not go on forever. Still top, just, but too early in the season to make any judgements yet.

What is going on with South Coast teams right now? Southampton hit 8 last week and Bournemouth follow up with 8 this week.  I wonder who Portsmouth are playing next week???

Leeds are a bit of a joke right now. I hear they have replaced the old wooden door on the manager's office with a revolving one.

The problem is that Neil Redfearn - now rumoured to be installed as Head Coach - like his predecessors, does not get to pick the team :no:

Hopefully he has picked up a few words of Italian, although not the ones used recently on the pitch :jester:

andyram, on 25 Oct 2014 - 23:10, said:

Leeds are a bit of a joke right now. I hear they have replaced the old wooden door on the manager's office with a revolving one.

No truth in the rumour that Leeds ownership have purchased a job lot of Star Trek red uniforms for their managers to wear.

I see that Mark Clattenburg has been dropped from the Premier League's refereeing "A Team" for this weekend, after "travel to match" irregularities, so he could get to an Ed Sheeran concert in time.

I would have expected the penalty for attending an Ed Sheeran concert to have been much harsher. 

• RMweb Premium

Who knows? If Chelsea can be made to sweat by Shrewsbury, Derby might just cause an upset.

It would be a shoe in, if they were playing City! They've truly lost the plot, such a shame.

:jester:

and so the first of the big away games for the latics comes up bang on form 13 unbeaten  we travel to top of the table unbeaten Bristol city roared on by a sellout 600 tics  with sheffield utd and Rochdale to come in the next few weeks interesting and testing times away from home for lee johnsons men 

• RMweb Premium

Having watched Chesterfield stumble and fall from third to tenth I am begining to believe that someone said we can't afford promotion stop winning. With only a 10,000 seater stadium and a regular attendance of 4,500 could they afford to move up?

Nice to see Leeds United fans living up to their sportsmanlike reputation again this afternoon.

Last home match at Cardiff before Remembrance Day, so there was a two minute silence before kick-off.

Well, there was a two-minute silence for the home fans, for the visitors it was a cue to chant "We are Leeds, we are Leeds"

Not the first time they have abused such occasions.

So what did we learn ?

We learned that the Leeds fans turned up, but the team they suport didn't'

Brian R

PS

Changes in attitude and behaviour at Cardiff City FC means we can now challenge  the behaviour of other supporters.........................

and so the first of the big away games for the latics comes up bang on form 13 unbeaten  we travel to top of the table unbeaten Bristol city roared on by a sellout 600 tics  with sheffield utd and Rochdale to come in the next few weeks interesting and testing times away from home for lee johnsons men 

sadly the run is gone with a 1- 0 defeat nothing to be ashamed of to the run away leaders now to pick ourselves up dust ourselves down for crawlet next week 

I do not have a lot of time for Leeds United or their fans (with one or two exceptions). The events described above regarding the behaviour of Leeds fans during the two minute silence for Remembrance Day shows a vile lack of respect! Sadly there are some decent Leeds fans out there, but events like that do nothing to remove the "dirty Leeds" tag that continues to follow them everywhere.

Good to hear that the Cardiff reputation is improving. I have to say their fans were impeccable at Pride Park (IPro) earlier this season. I hope that one day they can restore the lost traditions of their club and once again play their home games in blue shirts.

Oh and the Leeds team were not the only ones who did not turn up today. Derby County stayed in the changing rooms at Brentford today too! 

• RMweb Gold

Nice to see Leeds United fans living up to their sportsmanlike reputation again this afternoon.

Last home match at Cardiff before Remembrance Day, so there was a two minute silence before kick-off.

Well, there was a two-minute silence for the home fans, for the visitors it was a cue to chant "We are Leeds, we are Leeds"

Not the first time they have abused such occasions.

So what did we learn ?

We learned that the Leeds fans turned up, but the team they suport didn't'

Brian R

PS

Changes in attitude and behaviour at Cardiff City FC means we can now challenge  the behaviour of other supporters.........................

I was working the game today, Brian.

I was amongst the Leeds fans and to be fair, the guys I was stood alongside took issue with those who demonstrated a lamentable lack of respect for the fallen.

I had to speak with two of those breaking the silence.

I must admit that I felt extremely aggrieved that I had to break the silence myself due to their actions.

Really sad.

Rob