Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

What no more chubby chummy Brummie blokeishness? No more death stares aimed at him from Roy Keane after yet another dumb question or comment?

I have never forgiven him for leaving BBC MOTD2 and exposing me to Colin Murray, who was ten times more irritating and annoying than Chiles.

• RMweb Premium

Tomorrow's game at Ashton Gate should be interesting, the Hammers have slipped up a fair few times over the years against opposition from the lower reaches of the league (no disrespect intended to Bristol City), I think my team are in for a bit of a hard slog.

• RMweb Gold

Yes - excellent result for Leicester City at White Hart Lane (sorry), but on balance would rather have had the League points against Tottenham on Boxing Day.

I have to disagree with you on that David as surely a long awaited cup final appearance would be nice . It's a long time since a Midlands side won it !

I have to disagree with you on that David as surely a long awaited cup final appearance would be nice . It's a long time since a Midlands side won it !

Unfortunately Leicester have the worst losing record in F.A.Cup Final history - no wins from four Final appearances.

Mind you we have still have an outside chance of repeating our 1969 "double" of relegation of the top flight and a losing F.A. Cup Final appearance, but we won't have to play Man City in the Final this year :jester:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I wonder who is going to get the flak after these results.

The pitch, the ref, the phase of the moon..........

Ther might even be a campaign by the opposition .....

...to try and win.

I wonder who is going to get the flak after these results.

The pitch, the ref, the phase of the moon..........

Ther might even be a campaign by the opposition .....

...to try and win.

having heard "the special one " after the chelsea game he was very complimentry about Bradford and said they were deserved winners properly humble and magnanimous in defeat 

• RMweb Gold

having heard "the special one " after the chelsea game he was very complimentry about Bradford and said they were deserved winners properly humble and magnanimous in defeat

Yes, I have just heard the interview and what a pleasant and refreshing change it was.

Sadly the cynic in me says that this was a calculated move designed to reflect well on him and the club. It wouldn't have been that way if they had been beaten by a rival premiership team. He would have reverted to type and the usual deflecting of the blame and mind games would have come into play. It's not just him though, it seems to be the accepted tactic these days.

Edited by BoD

Just been watching MOTD and they had a poll where 77% of viewers seemed to think that Chelsea 2 Bradford City 4 is the greatest F.A.Cup shock of all time.

Utter b*ll**ks and all the proof you'll ever need that the average television football fan has no idea whatsoever but agrees with Robbie Fowler.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

As they always say, football is a game of two halves. Blackpool won the first half.

....and the Hammers were lucky to scrape a winner 10 minutes from time this afternoon after being given a hard time for most of the first half and some of the second by a lively and committed Bristol City.

Very strange to see Bradford City have been "rewarded" for pulling off the "Greatest F.A. Cup Shock of All Time" by being totally ignored by the live TV schedulers. 

West Brom v. West Ham and Aston Villa v Leicester City* = the romance and magic of the F.A.Cup - really?

*I'm a Leicester fan but can't face another helping of the Villa having already sat through two turgid league encounters this season.

Tomorrow is the 100th anniversary for the Birth of Sir Stanley Mathews.

Stoke City's Britannia Stadium does not have a traditionally centre spot. It has a centre circle. The chalk lines are marked around the spot and not going through it.

This is because the Ashes of the Legend Sir Stanley Mathews are laid to rest under the position of the centre spot.

• RMweb Gold

England 21  Wales 16

Off topic.......but I had to share it with someone!

Not exactly a majority sport in Canada........had to jump through hoops just to watch it on telly