The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Premium

Seeing the empty hat stand and coat hook, I'm probably talking to myself here; but.

It's partisan posts like this that stopped me looking in on this thread.  Hardly Einsteinian thought processes at work generally speaking and the usual tribalist abuse seems to surface occasionally like in this instance.

I don't think any team gets away without some ribbing on here. As far as I see it, most of the comments are aimed at the somewhat chaotic approach Sunderland FC have adopted over the years - comments which I'm pretty sure are shared by many of their their fans!

I see no tribalist abuse..its nothing personal...

...Which makes this comment from you absolutely astonishing I'm afraid.

I'm just sooo relieved SAFC didn't appoint Nigel Pearson - no class, no track record.

My bold - are you honestly having a pop at a couple of comments about your team and then personally attack someone in the same post?  By no track record, I am assuming you are referring to him not keeping Leicester City in the Premiership last season...oh wait a minute!

Seeing the empty hat stand and coat hook, I'm probably talking to myself here; but.

I don't think any team gets away without some ribbing on here. As far as I see it, most of the comments are aimed at the somewhat chaotic approach Sunderland FC have adopted over the years - comments which I'm pretty sure are shared by many of their their fans!

I see no tribalist abuse..its nothing personal...

...Which makes this comment from you absolutely astonishing I'm afraid.

My bold - are you honestly having a pop at a couple of comments about your team and then personally attack someone in the same post?  By no track record, I am assuming you are referring to him not keeping Leicester City in the Premiership last season...oh wait a minute!

Thanks for those comments re Nigel Pearson.

He hasn't done that badly in his managerial career, as well as keeping Leicester up from a seemingly hopeless postion, he also won two promotions with Leicester City and got them to the Championship Play-Offs twice. In previous jobs he helped Bryan Robson keep WBA in the Premiership, kept Carlisle in the League and kept Southampton in the Championship, partly at our expense as we were relegated that season. 

Still a bit of a Marmite character personality wise though.

So Uwe Rosler has departed Elland Road...

..and Steve Evans, formerly of Rotherham, and even further back, Boston United is now First Team Coach !!

Have a quick read at  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5412612.stm   to see what Leeds are getting themselves into.....

Time to say goodbye after 46 years, methinks, but I'll stick with Barcelona, AC Milan and Borussia Dortmund

..and Steve Evans, formerly of Rotherham, and even further back, Boston United is now First Team Coach !!

Have a quick read at  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5412612.stm   to see what Leeds are getting themselves into.....

Time to say goodbye after 46 years, methinks, but I'll stick with Barcelona, AC Milan and Borussia Dortmund

a quote from April 2014 from one mr Steve Evans "Leeds are not a big club.Don't me wrong,they used to be,now they're just a circus run by puppets,watched by blinkered seals.If they ever offered me a job,I'd turn it down,I want to be the captain of a cruise liner,not the Titanic"

​Awkward  :whistle:  

• Like 1

a quote from April 2014 from one mr Steve Evans "Leeds are not a big club.Don't me wrong,they used to be,now they're just a circus run by puppets,watched by blinkered seals.If they ever offered me a job,I'd turn it down,I want to be the captain of a cruise liner,not the Titanic"

​Awkward  :whistle:  

Would the cruise liner be the Costa Concordia?

• RMweb Gold

I did not know about that Boston business. Perhaps Mr Evans should put himself forward to be President of FIFA?

• RMweb Gold

On hearing that Newcastle United's tea lady Kath Cassidy was retiring after 52 years of service, I decided to calculate how many cups she would have seen in that time.

None.

steve

No domestic trophies. But I think they won the Uefa Cup (then the Fairs Cup) about the time she started.

well its the first big derby weekend for us the first of this seasons " el flatcapios"  as the latics make the short trip to spotland hopefully we can yet again come away with three points though suspect a score draw may be in the offing as the dale are bang on form . 2500= tics in the away end doubling Dales average attendance should make for vibrant atmosphere 

OH WHEN THE BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUES !

Saw a little bit of Leicester City history this afternoon as Jamie Vardy became the only Leicester City player ever to have scored in seven successive top flight League games.

....and Ranieri is finally able to get that Pizza order in, as we finally managed to keep a clean sheet for the first time this season but only just......

Pity you can't bolt bits of seasons together as we'd be "safe" now with 41 points from the the last 19 league games played.

Edited by cary hill

Tim Sherwood may be in trouble as his tactical master plan for Villa this season has already gone viral on the internet - looks to be identical to the one he used at Spurs.........

post-9751-0-56223100-1445718103.jpg

*some managerial Anglo-Saxon has been modified slightly

Edited by cary hill