Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

What did he say to upset you?

Probably because Lawro's scoreline predictions had Southampton down for a 2-1 win.

Now let me see what was his prediction for Liverpool's game against Watford today  - a 2-1 win for Liverpool.....that went well.

The man is fairly useless at predicting certain team's results, as according to him Leicester should have 12 points and be 17th based on his predictions .....only 26 points out.... I suppose I should worry when he starts predicting Leicester wins.

Probably because Lawro's scoreline predictions had Southampton down for a 2-1 win.

Now let me see what was his prediction for Liverpool's game against Watford today  - a 2-1 win for Liverpool.....that went well.....

I dunno what happened at Vicarage Road, but it was a complete disaster for my team.

And of course I'm never going to hear the end of it from my rabid Watford-supporting acquaintance now.

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Gold

We are now coming to a key moment in the season. No, not the Xmas fixture list but the January transfer mercado.

Will the directors at Leicester have the cojones to hold on to Mahrez and Vardy or will they take the money?

If the club can, now is the time to strengthen. Players will want to come.

At the end of January you will know what the clubs' ambitions really are.

We are now coming to a key moment in the season. No, not the Xmas fixture list but the January transfer mercado.

Will the directors at Leicester have the cojones to hold on to Mahrez and Vardy or will they take the money?

The owners don't need to sell as they are worth £2.2 billion and have already put £200 million into the club with plans to put another £200 million in over the next 2 or 3 years if necessary.

Besides it would scupper their 3 year plan for the Premiership:

Year 1 (Last season) - survive - finish 17th or above (finished 14th - although it did need a miracle in the end)

Year 2 (This season) - comfortable mid table finish  - just about in sight of achieving that already and might (tempting fate) be in with a shout of achieving Year 3's objective.

Year 3 - Aim for a top five finish.

What the owners should be doing is not selling but looking for second striker who can support Vardy properly - we have already have three £8 strikers none of whom are the complete answer at the moment  - Ulloa (too slow), Okazaki (too lightweight) and Kramaric (can't even get in the match day squad). 

A decent younger mobile central defender would be a good addition too as our first choice centre backs are both over 30 and the main back up player  is even older.

If I was considering buying Vardy or Mahrez I would wait until the end of the season to see if they can maintain their form, This season they may have scored 29 goals in 35 only combined appearances, but last season they managed only 9 goals in 68 combined appearances, although admittedly it took Pearson most of last season to stumble across our slightly weird very deep lying counter attacking system which Ranieri has gone on to refine this season.

Having played most teams now it remains to be seen if we are "rumbled" by them in the second half of the season. Mourinho seemed to have worked it out and predicted how we would score out prior to the game last Monday, but his players were either not listening to him by then or were not good enough to stop us on the night.

Edited by cary hill

I dunno what happened at Vicarage Road, but it was a complete disaster for my team.

And of course I'm never going to hear the end of it from my rabid Watford-supporting acquaintance now.

Quite worrying that we are playing you next, and if you win I dread to think what the celebrations will be like, if a late home draw against an unfashionable West Midlands club merits this:

post-9751-0-24303700-1450718008.jpg

What celebrations would a win against an even more unfashionable East Midlands club lead to - twenty victory laps round the pitch?

No doubting Klopp's got "Pashun" though.

Edited by cary hill

The owners don't need to sell as they are worth £2.2 billion and have already put £200 million into the club with plans to put another £200 million in over the next 2 or 3 years if necessary.

Strange isn't it, when Man City suddenly got all their money from their new owners and started spending it then there was uproar from fans of the (then) top four and others about how money was spoiling the Game (only because it wasn't theirs no doubt!) and it should be stopped... Yet no-one has said a dicky bird about Leicester's spending habit, current and future...

I've no objection, BTW, in fact the more the merrier, makes things more interesting rather than the boring old foursome that used to "rule" the premiership...

Great to see Man Utd struggling.  

I did hear a journalist asked Denis Law about the current predicament and whether or not the his old team with Charlton and Best etc would beat the current team.  

Denis thought for a minute and then said yes, we'd probably win 1-0.  The journalist was a little surprised and asked why only 1-0.  

Denis replied that was because most of them were now over 70 or dead.......  :biggrin_mini2:

Quite worrying that we are playing you next, and if you win I dread to think what the celebrations will be like, if a late home draw against an unfashionable West Midlands club merits this:

attachicon.gifklopp celebrates.jpg

What celebrations would a win against an even more unfashionable East Midlands club lead to - twenty victory laps round the pitch?

No doubting Klopp's got "Pashun" though.

We really struggled for that single goal.

We really struggled for that single goal.

I thought you could have scored more as we didn't really bother to turn up for a match for the first time since last March.

Never mind Manchester City next at the KingPower tonight and we haven't beaten them at home for 27 years.

It will require a minor miracle to win and return the top of the Premiership for a seventh time this season. 

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

I see Leeds are making a stand against the number of their matches rearranged by not giving Sky access to the ground for tonight.

Interesting development (unless they have a different motive for doing this).

• RMweb Gold

I see Leeds are making a stand against the number of their matches rearranged by not giving Sky access to the ground for tonight.

Seems like a further episode of the great self-destruct mechanism that has been Leeds Utd over the last few years. I don't blame them for being hacked off at rearranged fixtures but there are contracts to be respected and football earns most of its money from TV.

• RMweb Gold

I thought that Roberto Martinez was very mild in his criticism of Mark Clattenberg. Probably still be in trouble with the FA.

But really, how can a supposedly top official make not one but two wrong penalty calls like that in a match? Premiership referees are really nowhere near good enough.

Clattenberg is not even the worst of them. At least he got himself into a good position where he could have seen what went on. Some of them don't even read the game that well.

I find Sky's obsession with a middling to slightly struggling Leeds team (televised more times than any other Football League club in recent seasons) a bit weird anyway, but I suppose they are "news" off the pitch if not always on it.

Edited by cary hill