The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

What a mess at Derby County, Nigel Pearson suspended with away fixture at Cardiff to play this evening. Clement was never given a chance, now this. Feel for their supporters.

This particular supporter is delighted. Did not want him in May, been wanting him gone since then. I am hoping the players can prove a point with a resounding win tonight to hasten the writing of his P45. I will volunteer to drive him away from the ground to anywhere he would like to go. There was other issues with Clement's sacking. Hopefully we will get it right next time.

Great discussion on Radio 5 at the moment about Mr Aladyce's tenure as Ingerland manager possibly coming to an end .... 67 days, reportedly on wages of £3.5 million a year and reportedly wanted to make another £400k handling some bogus FA fee avoiding scam .... football in this country is grubby

Craig

Great discussion on Radio 5 at the moment about Mr Aladyce's tenure as Ingerland manager possibly coming to an end .... 67 days, reportedly on wages of £3.5 million a year and reportedly wanted to make another £400k handling some bogus FA fee avoiding scam .... football in this country is grubby

Craig

At what point did the FA seriously think something like this wouldn't happen? .........10 years ago http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/5378842.stm I believe the BBC is still waiting for the writ. 

Wasn't a question of if, rather when something like this would play out. It also begs the question of which of the press pack chose not to ask the question on appointment.....oh....you mean they wouldn't ask those sort of questions of 'one of their favs who might feed them something useful'.

It's been bent for years......

Right now I do not care about England manager's job.

Cardiff City 0 Derby County 2

Two goals in a game. More shots on target than in any other game this season, playing the system that Pearson refused to play despite it serving us well for several seasons. A system that suited the current squad.

Both goals scored by players who were low on confidence and form.

Co-incidence?

Not a chance. The final act should be for the chairman to sign that P45 for an arrogant, obnoxious, clueless individual who had derailed our club by ignoring what was staring him in the face.

Taxi for Nigel Pearson.

Do not darken our doors ever again. I was right about you all along. A large glass of scotch raised in celebration tonight.

Now

#### off

• Like 2

Hoping all goes well for Leicester and Spurs this evening.

Turned out all right at the  King Power  Leicester City Stadium in the end. A very scrappy 1-0 win playing against what may have been the Portuguese Olympic Diving Team in disguise and with a whistle happy card waving Turkish referee in charge.

In my opinion the result is everything at this stage in the Champions League and it is quite sobering to think that eight years ago to the very day we were struggling to beat Hartlepool United 1-0 in League One with a certain Nigel Pearson in charge. 

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

Turned out all right at the  King Power  Leicester City Stadium in the end. A very scrappy 1-0 win playing against what may have been the Portuguese Olympic Diving Team in disguise and with a whistle happy card waving Turkish referee in charge.

In my opinion the result is everything at this stage in the Champions League and it is quite sobering to think that eight years ago to the very day we were struggling to beat Hartlepool United 1-0 in League One with a certain Nigel Pearson in charge.

Nigel who?????

• RMweb Gold

Dear oh dear, can our sport sink any lower into the cesspit of greed?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/27/exclusive-eight-premier-league-managers-took-transfer-bungs-clai/

Agents are saying that much is done 'under the table'. We hope that the vast majority of people in the sport are good honest folk with integrity but when this minority of lowlifes get their snouts in the trough it all falls apart.

As for the F.A.'s disgraceful lack of judgement in appointing Allardyce beggars belief after ignoring the taint of impropriety some years back.

English football ....laughing stock.....

There was a thread a while ago, about whether people found it embarrassing to be known as railway modellers.

Well, no, no I don't. I'd rather be thought to play with trains, than follow a televised entertainment run by people who think that appointing people like Sam Allardyce is a clever idea. Pints of wine at a business lunch, in a Chinese, with people who (by his understanding) should surely have been expected to be interested in a topic of this sort? Really?

Edited by rockershovel

And David Davies gave us a list of potential candidates for the England job...

Gareth Southgate

Alan Pardew

Arsene Wenger

It's obviously reached that 'could do a lot worse than', stage has it ?

English football ....laughing stock.....

And FIFA and UEFA aren't? It's the same all through the game at the top, no matter what country, if you got a load of journalists together they could prove the same of most top level people in football...

The only thing I am surprised about is that people are surprised by it all, he came from a generation which thought that is normal business methods so what do people expect?!

What I don't understand about the Allardyce debacle, is that on appointment he said it was his dream job and something that he had wanted to do in football for decades.

Now if that was really true, why start talking to dodgy agents and clients from overseas who he had never met before; rather than get on with the job he always wanted and make unlimited trips to clubs looking at the form of potential England players?

To do what he did makes him an idiot.

However, if he lied about the 'dream job' bit and was just on the make, that makes him a greedy liar.

Either way, how come the FA appointments committee's research and questions, whilst going through the selection process, were not able to weed out a candidate who was either an idiot or a greedy liar? 

I personally smell a rat regarding the whole Allardyce farce. There must have been something going on for the Telegraph to even consider setting this whole interview up in the first place. 

i think it's a great shame as I honestly believed we had a good manager in place at last.

so who's the next victim ????????????? 

• RMweb Gold

I personally smell a rat regarding the whole Allardyce farce. There must have been something going on for the Telegraph to even consider setting this whole interview up in the first place.

i think it's a great shame as I honestly believed we had a good manager in place at last.

The Telegraph isn't exactly a noted red top is it?

Allardyce (or his agent) were negotiating a business deal which he might or might not have agreed to at some point. He said he would have to clear it with the FA who were likely to veto it anyway.

He made some comments in private which just about everyone outside the F.A have already made and agree with. He was wrong to mock Roy Hodgson's impediment but it was done in private (and has been done on more than one occasion here).

He discussed third party rules, disagreeing with them and saying how they are worked around, something that everyone in football is aware of. Without seeing the whole interview or transcript how do we know that he hadn't said he wouldn't do it or it was wrong. He probably didn't but we don't know.

The only reason that we are a laughing stock abroad is that, for some reason, our media and the FA insist, hypocritically that the English manager be a moral angel. We were told that we were all ashamed that a previous manager bonked a secretary. Elsewhere the reaction was "yeh, so what".

It could be argued that he did nothing wrong and certainly nothing that, in the real world, would merit dismissal or leaving by mutual consent (for which, read mutual sacking).

Edited by BoD

• RMweb Gold

And FIFA and UEFA aren't? It's the same all through the game at the top, no matter what country,

I hadn't even thought about them.

The stench of corruption and the greed/love of money is all pervasive. It is to be expected after the gross amounts of money now pouring in from TV rights. Quite where it will all end, God only knows.

• RMweb Gold

I personally smell a rat regarding the whole Allardyce farce. There must have been something going on for the Telegraph to even consider setting this whole interview up in the first place. 

Derby County have one to spare.

Managing a national side is a very different role to being successful as a club manager, week in week out. I can't see that Allardyce was ever the right answer.

There can't be too many folk out there in the world of football who do not have some sort of skeleton in the cupboard that the Press will be searching for.

Right now I do not care about England manager's job.

Cardiff City 0 Derby County 2

Two goals in a game. More shots on target than in any other game this season, playing the system that Pearson refused to play despite it serving us well for several seasons. A system that suited the current squad.

Both goals scored by players who were low on confidence and form.

Co-incidence?

Not a chance. The final act should be for the chairman to sign that P45 for an arrogant, obnoxious, clueless individual who had derailed our club by ignoring what was staring him in the face.

Taxi for Nigel Pearson.

Do not darken our doors ever again. I was right about you all along. A large glass of scotch raised in celebration tonight.

Now

#### off

You're not his number one fan, then?