The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

Hi

most matches have been Postponed because of weather

Premier League

Blackpool v Liverpool

Everton v Birmingham (This match got Postponed because of frozen pipes)

Championship

Crystal Palace v Norwich

Middlesbrough v Nottingham Forest

Scunthorpe v Preston

League One

Bournemouth v Plymouth

Bristol Rovers v Walsall

Charlton v Southampton

Dagenham & Redbridge v Brighton

Exeter v Swindon

Leyton Orient v MK Dons

Notts County v Rochdale

Oldham v Carlisle

Peterborough v Colchester

Tranmere v Sheffield Wednesday

Yeovil v Brentford

League Two

Accrington Stanley v Crewe

Aldershot v Gillingham

Bradford v Chesterfield

Macclesfield v Morecambe

Northampton v Burton

Port Vale v Lincoln

Shrewsbury v Bury

Southend v Barnet

Stevenage v Oxford United

Stockport v Rotherham

Torquay v Cheltenham

Blue Square Bet Premier

Bath v Newport

Darlington v Fleetwood

Eastbourne v Crawley

Forest Green v Kidderminster

Hayes v AFC Wimbledon

Histon v Cambridge

Mansfield v Grimsby

Rushden & D v Luton

Southport v Barrow

Tamworth v Kettering

Wrexham v Altrincham

York v Gateshead

Scottish Premier League

Dundee United v Hamilton

Kilmarnock v Hearts

Scottish Football League Division One

Dunfermline v Falkirk

Ross County v Cowdenbeath (Monday)

Queen of the South v Dundee

Stirling v Morton

Scottish Football League Division Two

Aidrie Utd v East Fife

Brechin v Ayr

Dumbarton v Forfar

Peterhead v Stenhousemuir

Scottish Football League Division Three

Annan Athletic v Berwick Rangers

East Stirling v Albion

Elgin v Clyde

Pity about our fixture - perennial referee survivor Andy D'Urso making the final decision on whether to postpone the match or not, despite the numerous Charlton fans who helped clear the pitch on Thursday <_<

But, having seen the pics of the area of the pitch in question, I'm in agreement with Mr D'Urso that it would probably have been dangerous to play on today. So perhaps a mixed blessing for the Valley faithful.

But, having seen the pics of the area of the pitch in question, I'm in agreement with Mr D'Urso that it would probably have been dangerous to play on today. So perhaps a mixed blessing for the Valley faithful.

Simon,save spoiling your Xmas by stopping you from dropping 3 home points.

• Like 1

Recorded that to watch late. Thanks for that "Oggy1953". Still might still watch it as I have not been sleeping well lately.

Note to self: if I don't want to know the football scores, I shan't click on any thread with "football" in the title...

As a neutral(ish!), I have to say that the West Ham win evens up the bottom of the table nicely. Also (speaking now as a Chelsea fan!), it's nice that Avram Grant retains his job - for a while, at least - because I'd love to see what he can actually do. He got little or no credit at Chelsea, and was doomed from the start at Portsmouth, so it would be nice to see him have at least one season at a club where the manager can affect the team's league position.

CUTLER2579, on 26 December 2010 - 14:04 , said:

Recorded that to watch late. Thanks for that "Oggy1953". Still might still watch it as I have not been sleeping well lately.

It was very much a tongue in cheek remark,its a bit like switching to 909 AM at 17.00 on match days for Radio Five live if you want a surprise on M.O.T.D. later in the evening.

• RMweb Premium

As A Hammers fan, I'm relieved - we were in real danger of losing touch with the rest of the Premiership! I still don't have any faith in Grant - the guy has almost no presence and, to me, not a lot of credibility. I just can't see him really motivating a team and he's too full of excuses each time they lose.

Not much of a game at Craven Cottage I agree, but they all count - realistically, I still expect to be watching a lot more Championship football next season.....

Hi

More games have been Postponed because of Weather

Tuesday 28 December:

Championship

Doncaster v Ipswich

League One

Brentford v Tranmere

Carlisle v Exeter

Colchester v Oldham

Hartlepool v Leyton Orient

Rochdale v Bristol Rovers

Sheffield Wednesday v Yeovil

Walsall v Dagenham & Redbridge

League Two

Burton Albion v Stevenage

Bury v Torquay

Chesterfield v Wycombe

Crewe v Southend

Hereford v Northampton

Morecambe v Aldershot

Rotherham v Accrington Stanley

Blue Square Bet Premier

Altrincham v York

Barrow v Wrexham

Crawley v Hayes & Yeading

Kettering v Histon

Luton v Tamworth

Scottish Cup

Annan Athletic v Brechin City

Beith v Airdrie

Stenhousemuir v Threave Rovers.

Can't believe my team Oldham haven't play seen 27th Nov and they might to play hartlepool on saturday and then local derby against Rochdale on Monday 3rd Jan but I can't seeing them going ahead. Also they big game in Premiership tonight Arsenal vs Chelsea with Arsenal being 5 points behide and Chelsea being 6 Points behide Manchester United both team know they did to win this game.

http://news.bbc.co.u...all/9322857.stm

Oh dear - my lot have just effectively given up the league title, I fear. Time to concentrate on... something else...

Amazing drop in form - after 5 PL games, Chelsea were +20 goal difference, and I was wondering if they'd score 100 again. After 18 games, they're +17, and have only just doubled their points tally. Time to support a cricket team for a while!

On an entirely unrelated note, there's been a lot of talk recently about certain wealthy parties from Qatar looking to invest in a slice of Manchester real estate. Is this a cunning ploy so that the 2022 World Cup can be held in Lancashire, where there are already several world-class stadia, and where the weather in July is ideal for football?

On an entirely unrelated note, there's been a lot of talk recently about certain wealthy parties from Qatar looking to invest in a slice of Manchester real estate. Is this a cunning ploy so that the 2022 World Cup can be held in Lancashire, where there are already several world-class stadia, and where the weather in July is ideal for football?

Nothing would surprise me in football any more. The big money stinks these days

Oh dear - my lot have just effectively given up the league title, I fear. Time to concentrate on... something else...

Amazing drop in form - after 5 PL games, Chelsea were +20 goal difference, and I was wondering if they'd score 100 again. After 18 games, they're +17, and have only just doubled their points tally. Time to support a cricket team for a while!

There's loads of rumours flying about the Al-Thani family taking a stake/buying United out, I think a lot of this come from the fact that the Glazers recently redeemed £200million PIK debt and no one seems quite certain where the 200 million quid came from, and it's one hell of a sofa to find that amount of cash down the back of. This coupled with the fact that Qatar likes 'big brands' (Harrods etc), world cup 2022 etc = Qatar buying United, personally I've no idea, would I like it? No, not really, would I prefer it to the situation now, yes definately, the thing is with United is, they don't need to be a rich mans plaything to compete, if they're allowed to generate their own funds, then great, but equally the debt situation with the Glazers is definately holding the club as a whole back.

It would be amusing though if Qatar did have ago, it'd tickle me no end in the fact that City get taken over by an Arab state and seemingly half their support think world domination awaits, so United do the usual and go one better by getting richer Arab state ownership.:D

Anyway, top of the league, unbeaten and games in hand, played well twice all season, not a sparkling 2010/11 premiership so far...............

Other big rumour doing the rounds in M/cr Ashley Young to United for circa £13m in January, no idea if true, see if he turns out for Villa in the interim, might give a clue.

It'd be nice to see Michael Owen playing somewhere. Even if his best days are probably behind him, he must surely still have something to offer in the Premiership. I never quite understood how he fitted into Man U's plans - he's some way down the striking pecking order at Old Trafford, and unlikely to play more than a bit part in the league. I'm not sure I'd be keen on a swap with Ashley Young, though. Villa would be getting the rough end of that deal.

• RMweb Premium

Maybe so, but perhaps Houllier can get the best out of him again. As you said, he still has plenty to offer despite his injury issues...

Looking at Chelsea's result last night...can it be coincidence that once Ray Wilkins left that renowned steel suddenly vanished? Although we are never likely to be party to the real goings on, it is looking more and more like a case of 'act in haste, repent at leisure' for Abramovich...

Houllier is supposedly keen on both Owen and Darron Gibson, the Ashley young one is because he's only got 18 months on his contract, hence the half/third(?) what city ended up paying for Milner.

Owens problem is that he's never fit! I'll be honest and say that the vast majority of United fans have never really warmed to him, but if fit would keep him as 3/4 choice striker, and let's be honest, I think Owen would prefer to stay as he's got a chance of adding silverware.

Gibson, I'll drive him to Villa myself, I don't 'get' him, sooner have Tom Cleverly back from Wigan anyday, and on loanees, looks like Welbeck has improved whilst at Sunderland.

United always get the decisions? Has anyone seen Birmingham's equalizer tonight? I'd love to see the media outcry if Utd had scored it, but seeing as we always get the decisions, don't suppose much will be said :rolleyes: .

Anyway, got what we deserved, another lukewarm performance, not impressive at all.

My club Charlton in the news again - for all the wrong reasons.

Lost 2-4 yesterday to Swindon - and the new board have sacked Phil Parkinson and the whole of the backroom staff.

The football has been awful the last few matches, and its been of a poor standard the last nine months or so. I think it's the wrong time to do it entirely (we're fifth in league one) and although he probably did deserve to go, how are we going to cope the next few weeks when the manager and backroom staff have gone?

My club Charlton in the news again - for all the wrong reasons.

Lost 2-4 yesterday to Swindon - and the new board have sacked Phil Parkinson and the whole of the backroom staff.

The football has been awful the last few matches, and its been of a poor standard the last nine months or so. I think it's the wrong time to do it entirely (we're fifth in league one) and although he probably did deserve to go, how are we going to cope the next few weeks when the manager and backroom staff have gone?

I understand Walsall have sacked their manager as well today. Seems a lot of managers have been sacked over the last couple of weeks, i wonder if its more than usual ?

United always get the decisions? Has anyone seen Birmingham's equalizer tonight? I'd love to see the media outcry if Utd had scored it, but seeing as we always get the decisions, don't suppose much will be said :rolleyes: .

Anyway, got what we deserved, another lukewarm performance, not impressive at all.

Don't worry - normal service was resumed against West Brom!

Don't worry - normal service was resumed against West Brom!

What, an away win? :D

So, who's next in the sack race, Roy, Carlo or Avram, my money's on Roy Hodgson, don't know if it'll be before sunday though, Fergie and Dalgleish to lock horns again?

Hey guys and gals, the most anticipated weekend of the football calendar is upon us this weekend.

Putting all league form aside, its your chance to forget about how bad your team is doing in the league and look forward to a potential run at the cup! (ok I can say that being a slightly disappointed Baggie!).

Some interesting fixtures for the weekend. Banana skins for our good selves (away at Reading) and a few other Premier League sides. I hope we don't crash out.

My money on the big shocks of the weekend are.... Dover beating Huddersfield at the Galpharm, second to that is Burton beating Boro at home and thirdly QPR taking Blackburn back to Loftus Road for a replay...

And then there's the Last Bastion for Hodgson on Sunday, and Ericsson's stab against his old employers. Both games will end up in results that favour Mancunia I suspect.;)

Looking forward to a couple of hours in the company of our favourite Hartlepudlian Geoff S (and crew) on Sky Sports!

.....So, who's next in the sack race, Roy, Carlo or Avram, my money's on Roy Hodgson, don't know if it'll be before sunday though, Fergie and Dalglish to lock horns again?

As a Liverpool fan, I have to say that I think Hodgson is probably going to be departing quite soon. We simply can't go on like this. :angry:

I hope Hodgson stays, at least for another week. As a Blackpool fan the last thing I want is the non-tryers at Liverpool suddenly waking up to the fact they have a new boss to impress. At least wait until after next Wednesday, then if they can't beat Blackpool again have a clear out.

Geoff.