The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Premium

Has to be N ( B Y L) H. the only player who almost incited me to crowd violence the night he (while the ball and play and referee's attention were 50 yards up the pitch) ran up behind Sunderland's Calvin Palmer and swiped his legs from under him. Of course none of the officials saw this and he got clean away with it, despite the baying of 35,000 plus home fans who'd clearly seen this cynical act of grievous assault.

Edit typo

Edited by Brit70053

Since when have red shirts clashed with light blue shirts necessitating in the change to all very dark grey? Bristol City v Man City 2nd leg.

Also a team played at Watford recently and changed from either red  or blue to cream, closer to the home team's yellow.

Am I being very cynical in suggesting that this is a fashion ploy to sell more shirts? Answers on a £20 note in a brown envelope please!

• RMweb Premium

Since when have red shirts clashed with light blue shirts necessitating in the change to all very dark grey? Bristol City v Man City 2nd leg.

Also a team played at Watford recently and changed from either red  or blue to cream, closer to the home team's yellow.

Am I being very cynical in suggesting that this is a fashion ploy to sell more shirts? Answers on a £20 note in a brown envelope please!

It's for those viewing on black and white TV's?

ps. Sorry about the 20 pound note. I sealed the envelope, before sticking the cash in!

Personally I think the badge reflects the elbowing action that would be very familiar to many Leeds United players, especially during the late 1970’s.

Leeds United were also masters of brawling in the 1970's e.g. Derby v Leeds 1975 and the infamous Hunter vs Lee "fight".

post-9751-0-10298200-1516884424.jpg

Is that Bremner trying to rip Archie Gemmell's head off on the right with Roger Davies closing in to rip Bremner's head off?

Derby won the match 3-2.

Edited by cary hill

Leeds United were also masters of brawling in the 1970's e.g. Derby v Leeds 1975 and the infamous Hunter vs Lee "fight".

attachicon.gifhunterlee.jpg

Is that Bremner trying to rip Archie Gemmell's head off on the right with Roger Davies closing in to rip Bremner's head off?

Derby won the match 3-2.

I saw that match live. Probably the most 'incident filled' I ever saw. I also saw the only other time (I believe) Franny Lee was sent off, for Man City against Sheffield United, when he 'protested' strongly about a Trevor Hockey tackle.

I have to say my sympathies were with Lee both times.

Edited by pH

ah the famous franny lee mustnt confuse him with citys famous chinese player of the period lee one pen seemed quite prolific at one point  :sungum:

I saw that match live. Probably the most 'incident filled' I ever saw. I also saw the only other time (I believe) Franny Lee was sent off, for Man City against Sheffield United, when he 'protested' strongly about a Trevor Hockey tackle.

I have to say my sympathies were with Lee both times.

Derby won the match 3-2.

Archie Gemill was hardly an angel though, was he? Most all the successful sides had a hard man then.

It's for those viewing on black and white TV's?

ps. Sorry about the 20 pound note. I sealed the envelope, before sticking the cash in!

As another attendee of matches at Derby during a slightly earlier period I remember Spurs playing and changing to yellow shirts and dark blue shorts - brilliant for MotD - most people watched in B&W at that time!

• RMweb Premium

Derby won the match 3-2.

The ref looks a bit unsure of what to do.

• RMweb Gold

Archie Gemill was hardly an angel though, was he? Most all the successful sides had a hard man then.

He scored arguably one of the greatest ever world cup goals in 1978. I certainly still remember it 40 years on.

Well that was somewhat easier than expected - Peterborough United 1 Leicester City 5.

It looks as if we may have discovered another gem from the French Ligue 2 to follow on from Knockaert and Mahrez - Diabate with two goals and an assist on debut is not too shoddy a start.

Is it part of the "magic" of the F.A.Cup, when you spot some poor young Peterborough fan blubbing into his "arf 'n 'arf" scarve, which was newly bought in anticipation of a famous giant killing?.

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

Is it part of the "magic" of the F.A.Cup, when you spot some poor young Peterborough fan blubbing into his "arf 'n 'arf" scarve, which was newly bought in anticipation of famous giant killing?.

Have a heart David. Nice to see he supports his local team and not the usual Man U ,Liverpool glory hunters his school mates probably 'support'

Have a heart David. Nice to see he supports his local team and not the usual Man U ,Liverpool glory hunters his school mates probably 'support'

I was thinking more along the lines of they shouldn't show it.

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

So close for plucky Newport County pegged  back by Tottingham late on, but I suppose they get to play at Wembley at least once this season and a very useful payday as well.

Not a bad day for League 2 teams in the FA cup. ;) 

Well that was a novel way to score from a free kick... Makes you wonder how you can defend against him... the Cardiff goaley look very bemused when the ball came in from that direction! Well done De Bruyne!