4 pin connector for locos

Chris Chewter

• RMweb Gold

Basically, does anyone know the best place to get a small 4 pin connector and socket to go between the loco and tender from a UK supplier, ideally with a website? Tried DCC supplies and there isn't anything there. Any ideas?

If .1" spacing is small enough (400 thou long package), then SIP connectors are available. I get mine here in Victoria, BC, from Quale Electronics- at ~4 CDN/each set of 40 connectors. (then cut off to length). I think that wiringfordcc.com has a couple of other descriptions of smaller options.

I'd expect that Maplins or similar would carry the same thing. (not recommending a Canadian supplier, when you asked for a UK one...besides, they are a bog standard electronics part)

James

I recently pulled apart a defunct JVC VCR this was literally full of small pin plugs/sockets connecting the various boards within, one needs to unsolder the fixed socket end off the boards, but of course these can be re used by re soldering to stripboard/Veroboard for fixing to the loco/tender if you are looking for a fixed socket bit. I found a wealth of useful bits within this VCR, whether this is common to the JVC brand I dont know, but worth a look and saves the pennies. Beeman.

Archived