Coachmann's coach thread.........

coachmann

• RMweb Gold

I get back from a week away looking for some modelling inspiration for my passenger stock and find it's gone.  :fie:

It's your decision, Larry, but the wider modelling world's loss.

Since I discovered your work I have regarded you as a supreme being at your craft. Your coach thread pushed me to start modifying passenger stock, so I now have LM suburbans that look a bit like LM suburbans at three feet. I had done wagon kits for some time and when my current track laying is a bit further progressed a couple of proper coaches are on the agenda.

At least we can still follow progress on Greenfield.

Hello Larry,

Someone in an earlier post had posted a link to my thread and as it was complete with photos it might help those who miss the thread.

Is there any chance of a link to the link please. Perhaps you should change your moniker to Coachless to reflect the direction your thread has taken. :sad_mini: I am definately having withdrawal symptoms without my regular coach fix.

trustytrev.

Well I for 1 am truly gutted that this has occurred, this thread was a real source of inspiration and information, with Larry often answering many questions which have helped people out, and it has aspired most of us to go on and attempt to build to a higher standard

Yes Larry can come across as a blunt or sarcastic man at times, but he has been around this business a very long time, has known and been friends with some of the biggest names who grace our bookshelves and has contributed an awful lot to the Model Railway World.

Red Card? We should be thinking about getting this "grumpy old man" on the list for an O/MBE for services to the Model Railway World

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Coachman,

Can I say that this thread has been the most inspirational one to me personally, although I may not have commented on this fantastic thread of yours, I have been quietly reading your every update with amazement.

Your LMS lined carriages were what made me go out and buy, rover damask red along with red primer and some NCC coach sides, although I will never be as good as yourself, I can at least try to be.

Many thanks for giving your time and dedication towards this A* workbench thread, I've bookmarked the link above so that if I ever need any inspiration or ideas, I know where to come,

Many thanks,

Nelson.

• 3 months later...

Larry,

After spending most of the summer moving and updating my workshop, I've finally got down to doing some jobs for myself, the first of which was to modify one of Hornby's flawed Gresley carriages ... and no sign of your excellent carriage blog to help me along, eek! What happened?, I've clearly missed something.

Now I'm not afraid to take the knife, hacksaw, hammer(! - maybe not) to any model, but it's good to have an experienced guide to show the way. Your blog was inspirational, informative and amusing, I shall really miss it.

The chassis is 2mm too wide was the main flaw if I remember rightly? ... I will consult my books on LNER carriages and go from there.

Glenn

Archived