Visual Aid

I tend to read more than I post on here so I hope this is in the right section!

It has become increasingly noticeable to me that I am struggling with my eyesight and have got to the point that I will have to get some kind of visual aid if I am to continue with N scale.

I have been looking at the range of head mounted and desk mounted illuminated units, there are so many out there that I would welcome some feedback from you on the subject. Primarily, good levels of lighting are my primary concern and magnification options are secondary, never having used either type I would be interested to know whether you prefer a desk mounted unit or head mounted, I have seen some with flip up lenses.

Grateful for any ideas you have

I use one of these which is quite comfortable to wear but the light is not particularly bright but is useful. You can wear it with spectacles and have two (flip up) lenses fitted at the same time. If I wanted to wear it for long periods I might stick some cloth or chamois leather around the headband in the forehead area. I got mine from my local model shop.

When fitted with one of the lower magnification lenses I find it useful for lathe work.

Compare it with this at £79.00!!!

Archived