RMweb

Next batch of Class 70's

• RMweb Premium

17 exists but isn't on this boat assuming the date of this pic is correct....

http://www.rrpicture...aspx?id=2845290

Good catch Martyn - see also

http://www.rrpicture...aspx?id=2845283

Why would this be in NY state? As the last batch were moved from the Erie plant to the local docks.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

i'd seen 70017 too, when searching to see if there were any pics at newport yet:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/camera-junkie/6525746545/in/photostream/

earlier on in this topic, i was wondering which way they would come, as i think it was on the GE or freightliner website that previous locos have gone by rail to newport, virginia (i.e. on the east coast) thence to the uk

interesting pics anyway, given the 70 on a flat is only just taller than the other locos!

• Like 1

Where are these locos at the moment and are they visible/ get at-able by rail, wouldnt mind taking my 8 year old to see them, he has a thing for the 70s but I am sure/ hoping he will grow out of it!

Thanks for any (polite) answers. :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Where are these locos at the moment and are they visible/ get at-able by rail, wouldnt mind taking my 8 year old to see them, he has a thing for the 70s but I am sure/ hoping he will grow out of it!

Thanks for any (polite) answers. :sungum:

Security at Newport Docks is very high, the lack of photos on the 'net is probably very telling, I'd wait for the move or wait for them to enter service, they will be around for a good while.

Security at Newport Docks is very high, the lack of photos on the 'net is probably very telling, I'd wait for the move or wait for them to enter service, they will be around for a good while.

My pal walked along a river bank near to the docks to view the one that was dropped. It is so far away, just not worth it.

From FL and GE blokes in the Docks this morning. All four should be moving tomorrow. Aiming for 1300ish. Order is 014/015/016/013. Should be a 66 drag as 014 has a TPWS fault, the others have various faults , the driver who is likely to be available signs the Docks but not 70s.

All from the horse's mouth. Fots to follow.

We'll see.????????????

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Update on the 70's.. as I see it.

70013 in service, 014-016 moved to Midland Road for small repairs.

70017 supposedly on board ship - one of the ACL container/ro-ro vessels to Liverpool - link to pics for 70017 in messages above.

Followed by 70018 (Ta Glorious for the gen)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidnyc/6585079051/in/photostream/

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

70017 supposedly on board ship - one of the ACL container/ro-ro vessels to Liverpool.

Possibly onboard the Atlantic Companion, currently at Baltimore, so 018 might be coming with 017.

Cheers,

Mick

Any news on 17 and 18.....are they on their way.?

If there is anything on board the Atlantic Companion, then it will be here on 9th January 2012, arriving Liverpool at 18.00, that is its current ETA.

Bob

Edited by 250BOB

• RMweb Premium

017 due Liverpool 9 Jan onboard Atlantic Companion. Don't think 018 is on same boat.

014 and 015 moved to Crewe, so I guess into traffic very soon.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford