Next batch of Class 70's

You know........I thought exactly the same as you before I heard and saw them......but they grew on me. Not surprising as I did like the 58's a lot.

Besides, its good to have another class of loco fleet growing.

Seen one, unimpressed. Bring back 56's :no:

The 58's weren't used here, they couldn't make it with a loaded train up the gradient of GunHouse (Gunness) bank from the Trent into Scunthorpe, here in the Lincolnshire flatlands :O

Seen one, unimpressed. Bring back 56's :no:

The 58's weren't used here, they couldn't make it with a loaded train up the gradient of GunHouse (Gunness) bank from the Trent into Scunthorpe, here in the Lincolnshire flatlands :O

Give it time...............but I'm all with you and your 56 sentiments.

Bob

017 is at Seaforth, should move tonight.

018-020 are aboard the next boat.

Allegedly.

Hi dave,

Any ideas where it is to be moved to......Basford perhaps?

And you think possibly there are 3 locos on the next boat.....mmmmmmmm?

Don't suppose your lad fancies an early hours photoshoot at Seaforth.?

• RMweb Gold

Hi dave,

Any ideas where it is to be moved to......Basford perhaps?

Almost certainly.

And you think possibly there are 3 locos on the next boat.....mmmmmmmm?

Apparently.

Don't suppose your lad fancies an early hours photoshoot at Seaforth.?

He's working tonight, otherwise he would have had his own version of the picture posted by Mick.

• RMweb Gold

66598 drags 70017 off Liverpool Docks at 16:09, photographed by my lad, can't be too many photos of it in motion today, it was pretty dark when it passed him, hopefully he will upload one later.

• RMweb Premium

Atlantic Cartier has now left halifax Nova Scotia en route to Liverpool........can anyone confirm if it has 70018 on board.?

Thanks.......Bob.

Atlantic Cartier currently about 400 miles from South-west corner of Ireland. Will probably show on marinetraffic later today.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Atlantic Cartier currently about 400 miles from South-west corner of Ireland. Will probably show on marinetraffic later today.

Cheers,

Mick

Not showing yet, but I estimate that mileage is now down to about only about 250 miles from the Irish Coast

Does anyone know if it has more than one class 70 loco on board.....i.e. 70018 Flying Dutchman. ( I wish )

Bob

Sorry I just keep being distracted by other interesting stuff in those pics - check out the North American registered flatbed trailers...didn't realise ACL (or anyone in fact!) offered Ro-Ro across the Atlantic! Wonder how much it would be to take my car on holiday... ;)

http://www.aclcargo.com/examplesofRoro.php

(They're clearly HO scale, and the 70 is N in that first shot...) ;)

Sorry I just keep being distracted by other interesting stuff in those pics - check out the North American registered flatbed trailers...didn't realise ACL (or anyone in fact!) offered Ro-Ro across the Atlantic! Wonder how much it would be to take my car on holiday... ;)

http://www.aclcargo....mplesofRoro.php

(They're clearly HO scale, and the 70 is N in that first shot...) ;)

I`ve brought several (personally owned - U.S registered) vehicles via Baltimore to Liverpool (using a shipping-agency named 'Motorships')......the chaps at the quay office at Dundalk even give you a lift from the docks to BWI airport to catch onward travel.....If I recall correctly; the last time I shipped a pickup-truck the cost was about $440 (USD) one way, the arriving vehicle was inspected and released by HM customs at Seaforth shortly after arrival, and as a "personal import" was free of duty/taxes and road-tax/MOT requirements, for 6 months: until either sold (taxes then becoming payable), or re-exported.....I sold them in the U.K and still came out ahead, as then there was thriving market for unusual/older cars and trucks from 'dry' (rust-free) states.

I did once enquire about an accompanying voyage (with a vehicle) on an ACL vessel (back in the late 90`s): it was possible, but there was a rather ponderous booking, insurance and vetting proceedure......I`d imagine 9/11 may have put a stop to those interesting opportunities.

The arrivals/departure car park at Seaforth, was always an interesting place to go: lots of inbound American R.V`s boats, heavy-plant and helicopters.......and, lots of expensive British Marques ready to depart for warmer climes.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry I just keep being distracted by other interesting stuff in those pics - check out the North American registered flatbed trailers...didn't realise ACL (or anyone in fact!) offered Ro-Ro across the Atlantic!

More pics at:

http://yogzfots.weebly.com/200112.html

Is it me, or are the centre section wheels of the trailer retracted?

Cheers,

Mick