Dapol 2011 product announcements

DapolDave

Hi guys,

Unfortunately i cannot give anything away, hopwever i can say that since the catalogue went to press we are alreasdy in need of an 'update' to it as things have quickly moved on with regards to other products that we are producing during 2011.

With regards to secret items, yes we are still keeping quiet about them, but we will have (for the first time) ammendment pages to the catalogue when we announce new items, and these will be available as PDF or JPEG files to download from the website as and when they are announced.

We are also 'out of space' in the catalogue in its current format, and are actively talking about expanding the catalogue in size next year by about 16 pages (such is our expansion).

As for totally new items in the 2011 catalogue? yes there are some (plural)in N and OO gauges, and there are only 9 days to go!:D

Memebers of our club will start getting their catalogue, newsletter, offers letter, towards the end of next week, and i will ensure that the website is updated around the 9th January for everyone.

cheers

Dave

Dapol Ltd

As a poor lowley D&E modeller i think Dave and his Dapol collegues should be commended on their production of modern wagons. Yes i accept that the critics may have found mumerous faults and that the fine detailing isn't up to the levels that Bachmann with their vast R&D departments have achieved, but at least they are avaliable. We now have Falcons for a start as well as the MCA's, spine wagons etc. All hornbyt seem to be able to offer us is re-workings of 1970's production. The last decent wagon they did was the seacow.

So come on Dave, what other modern delights do we have in store??? Have a good trawl throug 'wagons on the web' and find us something else interesting. I think some decent modern tankers would go down well....

• RMweb Gold

Hi guys,

We are also 'out of space' in the catalogue in its current format, and are actively talking about expanding the catalogue in size next year by about 16 pages (such is our expansion).

Dave

Dapol Ltd

Talk about a frothfest Dave - I wonder how long the thread would be to create enough froth for 16 catalogue pages. Incidentally is 'Dapol frothing' now going to become an official annual event with an annual programme announcement or are you just going to carry on dropping the odd bombshell announcement to us? (remember - gas turbine in lined green please, the 42Xx will be quite acceptable in BR blackbiggrin.gif).

• RMweb Premium

DapolDave has said he should have asked for froth, so do tell.;)

Well, as long as Andy Y doesn't mind...

I'd like to see a brand new 4mm scale A1X Terrier, in OO, but easily adaptable to 18.83 and near-P4 standards. I'd also like to see a start on high quality Bulleid coaches, starting with the three-car 59 footers (sets 960 to 980), moving on to the 64 ft sets (981-984), etc, etc. I'd commission them myself if I had the money, but being a pauper on the dole I'm kind of in la-la-land with that idea...

I agree with bmthtrains.

Concentrate time and money on the items that have already been announced, and fill in the missing gaps that they themselves have created in their own product portfolio. I too would be more interested in a believable release date for the Pendelino - with all coaches being released, not just a 2+2 starter pack - as well as the missing day-MK3s and the Class 142.

Then, if capacity and financial constraints permit, any spare money can be diverted for surprise moves.

JGP

Well, if nobody minds...

Hows about the various prototype diesels that are being made for various shops in OO, as well as the class 41 Warship?

Oh, an updated 14xx would be nice, as well as an updated 45xx (with see through wheels)

Other than that... well a 72xx? I've got a soft spot for big tank engines...

[Oh, and maybe a Saint or a Star]

As the Dapol range consists of a few items which Hornby has also released or annouced (B1, B17, M7, Q1, 153, HST Britannia etc) I'm hoping for an LNER pacific, and Tornado in particular. Or if not then something else that can use the current LNER tender drive - D49?

George

Dapol would have to be mad not to release a 116/117 DMU bearing in mind that you have already done 90% of the work with the 121. On a personal note I'm hoping that Dapol are also going to announce some MK1 TPOs, a Super GUV and a PCV to go with your 67. You know it makes sense! :D

• RMweb Premium

Froth on ...

If Dapol are looking at N gauge suitable gaps -if they take hints from the Hornby OO catalogue ;) would be....

GWR/WR

A Castle class/ Grange ..a lot of people have bought Collet coaches and until the arrival of the Ixion Manor have had nothing else of " suitable quality" to pull them. An improved 51xx large prairie tank or an improved Pannier tank a 64xx?

Yes an updated 45xx with improved correct sized wheels and front pony corrected- spaced further forward of cylinder

SR

An BR unrebuilt West Country/ Battle of Britain class to replace the ageing GF one, with a Bulleid Brake comp (centre toilet) coach in different numbers to enable a portion of the ACE express to be produced

LMS/LMR

An 8F or Duchess or Princess before Farish get around to producing an improved one :D

ER

An improved big express loco an A4, A3 -not Tornado :P again to pull the Gresley coaches

Diesels

Still plenty of classes that need improved versions...class 50, class 20, Western, production Deltic, Class 40, Peak, class 22, class 33 etc

...a few to choose there, Dapol over the years have produced mainline coaches (Collets and Gresleys) with a long wait for an express loco to pull them!

Talk about a frothfest Dave - I wonder how long the thread would be to create enough froth for 16 catalogue pages.

Not very long on RMWeb I suspect. :lol:

(remember - gas turbine in lined green please, the 42Xx will be quite acceptable in BR blackbiggrin.gif).

I second those suggestions (in N gauge of course). With the prototype diesels rapidly being produced the Gas Turbines are logical targets, particualy GT1 which had the longest operation life of the 3.

If we look at the Hornby range for inspiration (to avoid duplication with Bachmann) then a GWR Castle would be very welcome indeed. I would also love to see the Fruit D go through the shrinking machine.

I joked yesterday about a 4mm scale Lancashire & Yorkshire 3F 'A' Class 0-6-0 tender engine, then deleted the entry in the early hours because I thought it might be frowned upon as frothing. So I won't mention these engines with their cute tenders even though they ran far beyond L&Y territory and lasted until circa 1962/3......;)

A few stabs in the dark from me:

class 222 Meridian/Pioneer (seeing as farish gave up on theirs)

New class 50

Class 59

China clay Polybulk wagons (as clay stuff in in vogue at the moment)

a class 442 would be awfully nice - but that really would be wishfull thinking

tfn

Jon

Archived