Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Fine chain

During the last week I received a kit from Cambrian. A Christmas present from me to me. It contains very fine chain. I asked them if they could supply it seperately. They replied that they were short of it themselves but did give me details of where I can order it, for which I'm very thankful. The firm is Weinert Modellbau of Görlitz(http://www.modell-ba...id=3366&sort=3a). If you can't read German you can use Yahoo Babelfish or Google Translate. You will need to set up an account and pay by PayPal. It's not the easiest of websites to navigate around so I did my search using the part numbers given to me by Cambrian. These are 26-9318 for 0.25mm chain and 26-9319 for 0.30mm chain. Now I can model my shunting horse.

Good luck and Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous new year.

Guest baldrick25

Try charity shops in their 'costume' jewellery department. I took a small sample around Coventry a couple of weeks back , explained that I only wanted chain, and asked if they had any broken/ damaged etc. I came away with pocketful of stuff about 00 gauge for a couple of quid. Ideal for tying down containers and loads on lowmacs etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
The firm is Weinert Modellbau of Görlitz(http://www.modell-ba...id=3366&sort=3a)....These are 26-9318 for 0.25mm chain and 26-9319 for 0.30mm chain.

0.25mm chain I interpret as 0.25mm per link - equivalent to over 100 links per inch !!

Is this really what is on offer? - because if it is its way finer than any of the other linked products mentioned in subsequent postings.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

0.25mm chain I interpret as 0.25mm per link - equivalent to over 100 links per inch !!

Is this really what is on offer? - because if it is its way finer than any of the other linked products mentioned in subsequent postings.

good question:

I interpreted it as the width of the chain and had no bearing on the number of links per inch. :(

so that's confused me (which isn't easy)

[Ed] but the link to that website didn't work for me anyway

28xx beat me to it!

Claires, loads of different sizes and all for less than any model supplier.

Got a necklace here with 5 different sizes of chain, (all equating to diff sizes in OO) and altogether there must be about 20 metres or mo.

Cost just over a fiver!

Archived