NORTHEASTERN KITS

ArthurK

Janet (Arthur's daughter) said they wanted 1.2mm x .6mm  half round, which EE had apparently supplied. I was a little surprised as I had never seen that size, the nearest being 1.0mm x .5mm or 1.5mm x .75mm. Hobby Holidays supply both these. Metalsmith don't do the 1.5mm

13 hours ago, micklner said:

Many thanks, I've passed this on to Arthur's daughter. I should add that having now identified the wire as 16swg I have also found it on ebay.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

New to the thread here!

I tried calling the number listed on the catalogue that was posted on this thread, and it directed me to a lady who had no association with Mr. Arthur Kimber. I double checked and made sure I did not dial the wrong number by mistake. I believe he might have changed it. Does anyone know his current phone address, unless it really is +44 (0) 1253 725143? 

Cheers,

Julien. 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Amaziii said:

New to the thread here!

I tried calling the number listed on the catalogue that was posted on this thread, and it directed me to a lady who had no association with Mr. Arthur Kimber. I double checked and made sure I did not dial the wrong number by mistake. I believe he might have changed it. Does anyone know his current phone address, unless it really is +44 (0) 1253 725143? 

Cheers,

Julien. 

Arthur has been very poorly. Please read all of the posts in this thread.

baz

4 minutes ago, Blandford1969 said:

Is that just the ones which had been released, or does has there been any progress on the Q7?

No idea , his daughter Janet is helping him re the kits. I suggest a email to her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, ArthurK said:

A few of you are aware that I'm in the process of updating the list of available stock, which is taking much, much longer than expected. All I can say is that it shouldn't be much longer and to thank you for your patience.

Thanks very much for taking the trouble of updating the list and my best regards to your father.

Kind regards,

• Like 4

On 30/01/2024 at 12:30, ArthurK said:

Hello Everyone!

Thank you for all your enquiries and best wishes with regard to Dad's health. He continues to do as well as expected in the circumstances.

A few of you are aware that I'm in the process of updating the list of available stock, which is taking much, much longer than expected. All I can say is that it shouldn't be much longer and to thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Janet

(Daughter of Arthur)

Hello Janet

Thanks for the update on your Dad; please pass my best wishes to him, and my thanks to you for your efforts with his wonderful kit range.

Kind regards,

Mark Coultas

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, AndyViking said:

Thanks for the update. I hope your father feels better soon. It’s very good of you to keep the models going - never an easy job trying to figure out what a parent has done with all their bits and pieces!

I struggle to find where I've left my bits and pieces...

One of Arthurs kits,

IMGP0437.JPG.a7e0c0727e1cde1c0d9f3f1fcf1fd527.JPG

IMGP0439.JPG.3bbf2cc6ed415888c678c457bbf577f9.JPG

• Like 12

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hello Everyone!

I've moved the NE Kits Availability and Price List onto this page, where it should have been in the first place. :)

Many thanks for the interest being shown in purchasing kits. I'm going to be busy wrapping and posting next week. We now only have one F8 left in stock and I think Dad is quite pleased by the way they are selling.

Kind regards,

Janet (Arthur Kimber's Daughter)

2024 MAY NE KITS PRICE LIST.pdf

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 6

Janet,

What is the situation/availablity column  with the out of stock kits please ?

They are shown :-

out of stock

waiting

not available

I presume the "not available status"  means they will never be made again ?

Re the other two status's are/will you making more/accepting pre orders on either option in the future please ?

thanks

Mick

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, micklner said:

What is the situation/availability column  with the out of stock kits please ?

They are shown :-

out of stock

waiting

not available

I presume the "not available status"  means they will never be made again ?

Re the other two status's are/will you making more/accepting pre orders on either option in the future please ?

Goodness me! What a lot of questions! :)

Out of stock = We haven't got any and there's no-one waiting for one.

Waiting List = We may have some BUT we need to contact folk on the waiting list first.

Not Available = We presently have an issue with the production of the kit, which we hope to resolve.

Enquiries and pre-orders about any of the kits are always gratefully received, regardless of the status marked up in the last column. Please just get in touch and, despite my limited knowledge, I will help you in whatever way that I can.

Kind regards

Janet

(Arthur's daughter)

• Thanks 4
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Blandford1969 said:

Is there any chance we might get to see the Q7 available for purchase?

Hello Duncan,

Unfortunately, Dad has got to the point where he is not well enough to complete the Q7, which saddens both of us but at least his other kits are still available.

Kind regards,

Janet

• Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, newcastle_central said:

Is the F8 mentioned above still available?  I'd be very happy to take it off your hand if it is

Hello Jonathan,

All the F8s are now sold BUT there has been such an interest in them that Dad and I have agreed to order some more etches. They take between 3-6 weeks to arrive, if you’re happy to be added to the waiting list.

Kind regards,

Janet

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ArthurK said:

Hello Jonathan,

All the F8s are now sold BUT there has been such an interest in them that Dad and I have agreed to order some more etches. They take between 3-6 weeks to arrive, if you’re happy to be added to the waiting list.

Kind regards,

Janet

Hi Janet, 

Yes, happy to added to the waitlist.  Will drop you a DM. 

Regards, 

Jonathan 

• RMweb Premium

Hello Janet, are any of the available or waiting list kits recommended for a novice? I’ve never build a loco before (apart from old Airfix and Revell ones) but I do have experience in wagon building and brass soldering.

• Like 1