NORTHEASTERN KITS

ArthurK

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, ArthurK said:

Plenty to be going on with.

I just want to say how much our hobby relies on dedicated and enduring people such as you ArthurK. Perhaps your determination to keep going (As Churchill would have said KBO) and create more of your kits is part of the explaination for your wonderful long life. May it continue so for many years yet.

I have used your brass castings on the G5 I built a year or two back and they were so accurate to prototype! Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Like 5

Hello Arthur

Thank you for the update and it is good to hear that you are progressing with the various projects.

I’m saving up my pennies for the C6  - it would be lovely to have an NER Atlantic.

I can also confirm that I’m happy to roll boilers, form flares etc

Regards

Jon

• Agree 3

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, D-A-T said:

Hi

Does anyone know if there is an up to date availability and price list for Arthur’s kits?

Thank you. 

If you message Arthur he'll send you them 😎

• Agree 1

• 5 months later...

I tried to contact Arthur recently and was told by his daughter that he suffered from a second stroke several weeks ago and is in hospital. He is also struggling with his mobility, hardly surprising at 91.

Hopefully he will have a full recovery but I don't think we can expect too much of him for a while. 

• Friendly/supportive 18

• 1 month later...

I had an email from his daughter at the weekend, asking where I had sourced half round brass section for my Tennant kit, as Arthur can no longer get it from Eileens Emporium. So it seems he may be doing quite well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

I had an email from his daughter at the weekend, asking where I had sourced half round brass section for my Tennant kit, as Arthur can no longer get it from Eileens Emporium. So it seems he may be doing quite well.

Metalsmith sell it in 0.7, 0.8 and 1mm sizes; also 4 & 5mm

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1