Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

NORTHEASTERN KITS

ArthurK

Hi Johan,

You won’t find a better brass kit than one of Arthur’s to start with.  The J73 was the first I built,  but I’m sure the J71 or J72 would be a good start.  I had built other brass kits before but that just showed me how good Arthur’s are.

Janet, please pass on my best wishes to your dad.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 14/05/2024 at 02:15, Johan DC said:

Hello Janet, are any of the available or waiting list kits recommended for a novice? I’ve never build a loco before (apart from old Airfix and Revell ones) but I do have experience in wagon building and brass soldering.

Hello Johan,

Thank you for your enquiry and my apologies for the slow reply. I’ve spoken to Dad to ask him if any of the kits are easier to build than the others. From what I understand, they are all about the same in difficulty. JWelleans, on the post after yours, has made some helpful comments, which may help you to decide.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,

Janet

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Good afternoon Janet.

Could I be added to the list for a F8 please, is there a J73 still available? I'll take one if there is.

Is there an update on the status of the C6 please.

All the best,

Paul.