Rail EXpress (February 2011)

grahame

Yep, this dropped through my letterbox this morning. And I have to say that it's probably one of the best issues there has been for some while;

The modelling section has 32 pages and includes the usual editorial, news round up, exhibition diary and reviews (class 70, NSE 03179 and 47145). There's a look back at 2010s releases, upgrading an O gauge class 37 and a couple of inspirational layout planning articles; Elcot Road (that will be reported on as it is built) and a Scottish wagon works suggestion.

G.

With our kid Gareth in charge, the modelling supplement was bound to get bigger. I just hope he doesn't alianate the non-modellers with it taking up such a large percentage of the pages.

My mate lost my last issue (never leave stuff in my pigeon whole in the messroom!)so I look forward to seeing the Feb issue when he buys me it!

And my Digital Issue was delivered to my desktop last night.

Not having to battle the traffic on the way into Aberdeen, pay a fortune to Park, spend some more cos you're in town anyway and then find the local Spliffs doesn't have it yet. Priceless

Looking forward to following Elcot Road and the article on EG Steele is rather handy and full of ideas.

Mark

• RMweb Premium

Elcot Road (that will be reported on as it is built)

Should be good, as long as it stays away from curry-house and beer reports unlike a previous series. ;) :lol:

I found the history of GBRf interesting.

Mick

Yes, I get mine now digitally.

I printout the Traction & Rolling Stock section though, as I feel that's the most important record part of the magazine.

I am thinking of subscribing digitally. It's only £18 for a year's subscription. Do you have to view it offline through zinio as well?

I am thinking of subscribing digitally. It's only £18 for a year's subscription. Do you have to view it offline through zinio as well?

I downloaded the Zinio Reader and I can view offline or online. works fine on Mac but can't comment on the PC set up

Rgds

Mark

p.s. just playing around with it just now and one of the interesting features for those who don't read a mag sequentially ( i tend to jump around through the pages) is the thumbnail option, sort of like an old 35mm contact sheet.

Archived