I went away and when I came back YOU HAD ALL MOVED!

froobyone

Hi all, I trust everyone is well.

I've been absent for three years due to work commitments and now I'm self employed I thought I'd visit again. Only problem was, I was at the old forum and was happily catching up with things for three days before I realised there were no posts past 2009 o.O

Anyway, I found you again (possible comunal groan). I don't think I ever shared any pics of what little progress my little layout made, so I'm posting them now.

If I have already posted these, then apologies in advance.

on-shed2.jpg

31-37.jpg

Kettles on...

IMG_3097.jpg

IMG_3105.jpg

works-building2.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_3074.jpg

31-08_night.jpg

47_leaves.jpg

IMG_3027.jpg

08_fuel_wa.jpg

Rest of the pics are here All the photos

Also, I found a peice of software which I use in my business that I think also could have it's uses in our hobby.

It's called Dynamic Auto Painter and it's used for turning photographs into paintings. It's not like Photoshop, as it will create something original every time you use it, even with the exact same settings. I used it on some of my model shots, which I include here. I think it costs about £50, which I think is quite good value. I'd like to add that I am in no way affiliated with the creators of the software, I just use it professionaly.

IMG_3113_DAP_Pencil.jpg

IMG_3105_DAP_FeltTip.jpg

IMG_3074_DAP_FeltTip.jpg

31-37_DAP_FeltTip.jpg

31-08_night_DAP_FeltTip.jpg

So, hello again, I promise to behave.

Froobyone

• RMweb Gold

Hi Daniel, good to see you back - I remember the avater animation from before!:D

I do like the photos of the depot, I'm not always keen on TMDs as they can be an excuse to stuff in too many locos but you seem to have captured the atmosphere well. That last painting effect picture seems quite convincing too - you should have hidden the photo & passed it off as your work....;)

• RMweb Gold

I've been absent for three years due to work commitments and now I'm self employed I thought I'd visit again. Only problem was, I was at the old forum and was happily catching up with things for three days before I realised there were no posts past 2009 o.O

Hahah! That is quite funny!

So were you posting to yourself on there!?:P ;)

Regards,

Nick.

(Nice to see you back)

Guest Max Stafford

Good to have you back Daniel. Nice work with the layout too!

Chuckled at the thought of you blasting away with all those posts before realising; "hang on - a -- minute..."! :D

Dave.

Hi guys

Thank you for the warm welcome back.

Really nice to see such familiar names again. :D

I hope everyone is well.

I've got to quite a bit of "prepartory work" before I make inroads into the layout. i.e. I have to clear 3 years of boxes and "put it in the spare bedroom" items.

But I've spied a bag of ballast, underneath a dead camel, so I'll have something to do when I get there.

The layouts and rolling stock on here continue to blow me away. Thank you.

I've been absent for three years ... I thought I'd visit again.

Away three years...??!!?? I feel faint at the very thought - I couldn't last three days without my RMweb Fix..!! :blink:

Welcome back indeed, from someone else who remembers your Avatar!! :D :D ;)

• RMweb Gold

I only joined a couple of years ago, so your layout is unfamiliar, but surely has an honourable place on these pages, so welcome indeed.

Sorry, but I find nice sharp snaps far more fun to inspect than artwork, whether prepared by a gifted artist or any old software. Why camouflage your hard work and quality modelling when it looks just fine in stark reality, and there aren't any real warts to be hidden?

Archived