Hullbridge TMD (Fictitious 80's era BR) UPDATE

froobyone

Hi Dan,

Can I ask what paint you have used to give the rails that rusty look. Sorry for a beginners question, but I've seen so many painted from dark brown to light tan. It may just be the lighting in your photos, but they do look good.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

The rails were first painted by hand with Railmatch Light Rust. Unfortunately, the rails were laid before I attempted this, adding probably 17 years to the time it took. o.O

Then they were lightly airbrushed with either Railmatch Frame Dirt or Sleeper Grime, depending on where the rails were. The nice thing about using an airbrush, is it takes approximately 16 years, 11 months, 30 days and 23 hours off the time it takes...

Hope this is usefull to you. :)

Dan

Hi all,

I found a link to some ramblings that I'd forgoten about. RMweb 1.0 readers may remember my musings and hopefully funny "story so far". It charts my interest in railways from an early age, up to about 3 years ago.

http://hullbridge-tmd.i8.com/index.html

Enjoy.

Dan

What a great bit of story-telling, thanks Froo. I think I was seven or so and can remember standing next to a Deltic at the Cross, unable to converse with Dad, just in awe. Fabulous.

C6T.

Thanks Dan,

I figured I would be better painting before laying the track, that way it will just be wee touch ups at the joins. I have the paints you suggested and an airbrush ;) so I'll follow your meathod.

Thanks again,

Mark

Hi Dan

Love your Layout... Keep the Pictures coming...

Some of your Photos have some real good atmosphere to them with the way the light is used and one with the fence between the Loco and you, (the Camera) it all looks great, just keep the photos coming...?

Not to forget the Night scene...

Cheers

Jamie

Archived