Oil Drum Lane - New layout for Pontefract show

Hugh Flynn

hi Richard

Mark is looking at doing a o gauge layout,there was a plan in one of the mags with one based on Peterbrough depot

So we are busy trying to find it, as a base to work from ?

One of the RM web members might remember which mag it was?

Hugh

the trackplan your thinking of was published in a small track plan book supplied as aq supplementary with BRM, the plan was by Ralph nuttal, theres also plans for a scottish line around peebles and an ironstone line in there, theres an n gauge plan based on the looe branch aswell, I have/had a copy of this it may be in the loft this was the trackplan of peterborough I based the original george street stabling point on, hope fully like you say an rmwebber has one of these booklets to hand and a scanner.

cheers,

richard.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just a update on Oil Drum Lane.......

I acquired the layout from Mark during 2014 after it had been to our Stafford Exhibition.

Having been busy with my narrow gauge layout (Alstone Quay) together with complete kitchen refit means that Oil Drum Lane has been in storage since collecting from Mark earlier this year.

Like Mark I have a fair few DRS liveried locomotives of which about half are sound fitted 20 / 33 / 47 / 57 / 66s

I am also looking at the possibility of back dating the depot to run as a Western Region Diesel/Steam depot around the 1960s this will mean a few temporary cosmetic changes

Last night it ran for the first time, so looking forward to getting it back on the exhibtion circuit in 2015

Need to build a fiddle yard as Mark needed his for his new project

All for now.......

Seasons Greetings

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just a update on Oil Drum Lane.......

I acquired the layout from Mark during 2014 after it had been to our Stafford Exhibition.

Having been busy with my narrow gauge layout (Alstone Quay) together with complete kitchen refit means that Oil Drum Lane has been in storage since collecting from Mark earlier this year.

Like Mark I have a fair few DRS liveried locomotives of which about half are sound fitted 20 / 33 / 47 / 57 / 66s

I am also looking at the possibility of back dating the depot to run as a Western Region Diesel/Steam depot around the 1960s this will mean a few temporary cosmetic changes

Last night it ran for the first time, so looking forward to getting it back on the exhibtion circuit in 2015

Need to build a fiddle yard as Mark needed his for his new project

All for now.......

Seasons Greetings

Time for a update on Oil Drum Lane

The new traverser fiddle yard has now been built and fully tested, the layout it is now operated with a Gaugemaster Prodigy unit.

All the locomotives are fitted with sound, l am

I am currently in the process weathering all the locomotives, stock and road vehicles

The layout has been exhibited at both Sutton Coldfield & Macclesfied this year but it has three more outing in the next few months.

Warley 2016 Stafford 2017 and Glasgow 2017

Eltel

Archived