Chivers Finelines Pre-grouping wagons

finelines

Any of the LSWR 1400-1410 vans would be most welcome. 1406, 1409, I could modify to a fish/meat van if I could find the right vents. Actually it would be wonderful if you included a sprue of optional add on parts like the vents.

I model the fishy business at Padstow and need SR Fish wagons instead of using borrowed GWR Bloaters.

ken

• 3 weeks later...

That certainly sounds of interest Roger, but it might be worth checking the Cambrian website first which shows the SECR van as on his 'to do' list. I don't know whether the other LSWR vehicles are already covered?

best wishes

Adam

Hello Roger,

It is hoped to have the SECR D1426 van out in time for the Chatham Show in June.

We are considering the LSWR earlier low van, which will fit on our "one-piece" underframe used for the LSWR open kit (albeit with a narrower floor).

regards,

Barry,

Cambrian

• RMweb Premium

It would be a pity if we clash. I have a problem with these wagons because I regard them as "mine" having produced them in etched brass for over 20 years. Silly really, but that's the way I feel.

Roger

It would be a pity if we clash. I have a problem with these wagons because I regard them as "mine" having produced them in etched brass for over 20 years. Silly really, but that's the way I feel.

Roger

Hello Roger,

It's the D1410 van we have in mind.

No work has been done on it, as opposed to the SECR D1426 van which has been started, so if you do want to do the D1410, then we could bring forward something else. The D1543 "new" LSWR brake, for instance and an LBSCR van.

Southern "Borail" wagons are fairly likely to be done, as the solebars can be put on the forthcoming Sturgeon solebar mould (started on it this afternoon, well the electric hacksaw did really).

The WD/GER/LSWR van has been done by us in 2mm & 3mm scale, so a third scale one would be a bit boring to make (so not going to do it).

Barry,

Cambrian

Is that the one which Smallbrook Studios do in 4mm? Nice little kit.

Yes, with beading round the doors etc. D1541/49, he says.

Barry.

P.S. to Roger: not sure if I put the right Diagram number for the LSWR van - will check the book (it's in the workshop).

• RMweb Premium

I produced this van for 20 years in etched brass. I also did the ballast brake version without the doors but with windows.

The only reason why I haven't produced it in plastic is ever piece of the kit is unique and cutting kits like that is time consuming.

Roger

I happen to have several LSWR Vans in my wagon collection all of plastic build. One is in SR livery while the others are in LSWR. If you want any pics of these I can do some for you.

One thing I find curious is that my LSWR Van in SR livery has a Coopercraft chassis. Can anyone tell me why this could be at all?

Garethp8873.

I would really like a kit of brake van SR Diag 1542 produced as its a bit different.

Also SR Diag 1545 which im guessing wouldn't be too different from tooling for the Diag 1543?

Looking forward to new kits!

Geoff

D1543 "New" Brake Van is on our to-do list for 2012.

Barry,

Cambrian Models

• RMweb Premium

Matthew has some of the LNER/NE CCTs. No suggestion has been made that either of us would do the two utilities, the Corridor and the Elephant van, but I don't see any obstacles apart from time. He was going to do some of the LSWR items, but he felt the castings were beyond acceptability and we don't have the masters.

Roger

• 2 weeks later...

Do you mean the brass one? It is too long for me to make In plastic (I wish).

Roger

Sorry for the delay in replying, have been on holiday got back today, Yes I did mean the brass kit RC114.The 51'3" SR bogie corridor utility van.

Regards.

Paul.

Archived